It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the End of 2012, Humanity Will Undergo a Paradigm Shift

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

Things will happen, earth is ripe for a miracle..

How do you substantiate this statement?

or we can go back to paying taxes, going to war and stay being slaves to the system..(people who fear change will probably be comfortable in this area)

I don't fear change except the change that happens when you go to jail for not paying taxes.

Is this your recommendation? Pay no taxes?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but for me personally, there is a shift occurring already. It started about 2 months ago, and although not quite as intense, it is still "shifting".

Whats shifting? My consciousness seems to be pulling much more in a spiritual direction. I have and seem to be becoming more "aware".

Up till 3 years ago, I didn't buy into the whole 2012, something is going to happen thing, as I saw us all dying in a nuclear fireball, but seems to me, something has changed, and I think by the end of this year, a lot more will change. I don't see the end of the world, I see human beings opening themselves up in ways we never thought possible.

2012 is just the start of a wonderful future for mankind

Definite change, but not what everyone thinks

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If anything happens, it maybe mystical for you, but it won't be mystical in itself.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance.
The implications of such a statement are difficult to define because Ignorance can be observed in all instances, whether it's a doomsday theorist buying into all the hype without any real evidence or cultural understanding, or a skeptic who discredits based on affiliation alone. The answer lies in having a good balance, which can only be achieved through research and critical thinking.

Unfortunately, I do agree that many of the members on this site (I'm new so don't take it personally) tend to jump to conclusions, make presumptions, and force the evidence to fit their own ideas. With that being said, I don't think there is any reason to be paranoid about earth-shattering apocalypses because quite frankly the proof just doesn't exist.

There is, however, a good reason to keep our eyes open to topics such as this. Not because proof might be waiting to be found, but because knowing the origins of these theories and testaments will help us to better understand not only how the human mind can decieve itself, but also how we can more effectively disprove (or prove, you never know) ideas such as these.

As far as 'premonition' or 'faith' are concerned, I don't believe that just because you 'feel' something, that it is definite proof that it will happen. In fact, it's been proven time and time again that the opposite is more appeasing as far as reality goes.

In other words, it's not the fact that something is too good or unbelievable to be true that makes us skeptics take the position we do, it's the fact that there is NO REAL EVIDENCE. We want to believe you, but even more so we want tangible proof. Without proof, one makes no case.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I can only speak for myself, but for me personally, there is a shift occurring already. It started about 2 months ago, and although not quite as intense, it is still "shifting".

Whats shifting? My consciousness seems to be pulling much more in a spiritual direction. I have and seem to be becoming more "aware".

Aware? Aware of what? Doom? Ecstasy? Your zipper?

Up till 3 years ago, I didn't buy into the whole 2012, something is going to happen thing, as I saw us all dying in a nuclear fireball, but seems to me, something has changed, and I think by the end of this year, a lot more will change. I don't see the end of the world, I see human beings opening themselves up in ways we never thought possible.

Why? How can you know about 6 Billion people when you are unsure about yourself as little as a few days ago?

2012 is just the start of a wonderful future for mankind

Definite change, but not what everyone thinks

Think? Who thinks what?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Preparing for 2012 is insane, just like all the other "end times"
edit on 17-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Yes preparing for that date is insane.. but being prepared for every day is smart

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm thinkin there with be a mass suicide . And the rest of the world will feel as dumb as they did when the year 2000 came

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

You are assuming of course that " everyone" HAS been as in denial or as ignorant as you describe...a huge ..HUGE assumption.

Not everyone has sleptwalked through the 20th century..not everyone believes or understands things they way you do..not everyone thinks the way you do.

For many people whove already been awake compassionate, working, spiritual reason-abled intelligence embracing people, this time is like watching children waking up from a nap on the floor..its not exactly 'world rocking'..more 'well its about time' now get on with it!

Ro.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Even though the Mayan Long Count ends in 2012...and their Calendar is accurate as it is based on Astronomical alignments...what people who are Crying out...once the Galactic Allignment occurs...a Gravitational Imbalance will do this or cause that....are IGNORANT OF ONE MAJOR FLAW IN THEIR CONCEPTS....the distance to the Center of what the Mayans called the DARK RIFT....which is Gases and Debris along the inner Galactic Plane and the center of thid DARK RIFT lies the Galaxies CORE with a Massive Blackhole in the center...so they base their DOOMS DAY concept on the Gravitational Effect of being alligned with that Blackhole.

THE THING IS...the Center Core and Blackhole of our Galaxy alligned with Earth and our Solar System...THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO! We are just now seeing the light from the Center Core Allignment now when actual allignment happened Multi-Millenia ago!

Gravitational Effect does not work like LIGHT wich travels at 186,300 miles per second. Thus the Time it takes light and distance it travels in a year...about 6 Trillion Miles...is called a LIGHT YEAR...THE GALACTIC CORES CENTER IS 27,000 TO 28,000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY...thus...we passed Galactic Allignment 27,000 to 28,000 YEARS AGO and are just now seeing the light.

GRAVITATIONAL EFECT WORKS INSTANTANIOUS because it is SPACE/TIME GEOMETRY and has nothing to do with any PARTICLE VELOCITY and the effect does not need passage of time or distance of space to cause effect. IF the reverse was the case...then most of all the stars in our Galaxy would have shot off into the intergalactic void.

The only thing that does effect Gravitational effect is the Greater the distance between two objects of matter...the lessorthe effect of Gravity. The greater amount of Mass of an object of matter...the greater the effect created by this object and this works with all celestial bodies.

SO THE MAYAN ALLIGNMENT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED 27 TO 28 THOUSAND YEARS AGO. I wonder what peoples next date will be for someone to delare...THE END IS NEAR! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I tend you agree.. not because of the overwhelming feeling I get that change is imminent, but because I believe that when enough people are thinking the same..There is not limit to what we may see.

I am all but certain that in the near future we will all learn that we are capable of much much more mentally than we've ever dreamed possible.
Nice Thread Thnx

edit on 23-4-2012 by flimzytrek because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by flimzytrek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalFire

Preparing for 2012 is insane, just like all the other "end times"
edit on 17-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Yes preparing for that date is insane.. but being prepared for every day is smart

I'm prepared each day. Come to think about I'm not really prepared. I need to go to the grocery and buy some yogurt and chicken breasts.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Seems like all that gravity is pretty far away. It's strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. That's a big drop in effect over the distances we're talking about.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flimzytrek

We've always been changing. Change doesn't have a specific date.
edit on 23-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just what is a Paradigm Shift any way.

I could really use a new make over.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

a fundamental change in approach or assumptions

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Seems like all that gravity is pretty far away. It's strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. That's a big drop in effect over the distances we're talking about.

Yes...that is the formula...plus we are not even accounting for Dark Matter and Dark Energy...but you add to my point...NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN...as if it did...it would have some 27 to 28 Thousand years ago.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

In one sense, a Paradigm Shift would be a wide spread societal change in how we perceive ourselves, and the relationship each of us has with "everyone and everything else". There is no doubt human perceptions and our self identity has been rapidly changing and accelerating since the advent of electronic communications. First, Earth shattering for being near instantaneous, at least in principle, but up until recently much more limited.

First to broadcasting, or one train of thought sent to many shot gun style, or individual exchanges between individuals in real time, think telephone, teletypes, etc. The internet has not just changed how we get information, but one person who can share ideas and perspective's with any number between one person and over a billion. That has become an imposed evolutionary factor on our species and its changing us at a blinding rate. This is no longer just a reflection of change in societies worldwide, it is a dominant driver of that change.

As access to new ways to tap into the internet become more seamless, the "middle man" of this change will be less visible, and more part the background, and that makes it more influential. To me these are remarkably exiting events and everyone reading this, and everyone else is right in the middle of it. And yes the greater the change, the greater the risk for instability in many areas.

The one thing about 12/21/12 I HAVE worried at least a little about is the number of people who have ALWAYS lived it seems just to see the end of the world, is that given how wide spread this change makes many nervous and plays into the immortal mantra, "The end is near". There are enough fanatics with enough knowledge and little wisdom to cause some serious WMD like problems pop up around 12/21/12 or there about. The world is full of those convinced their divinely called to do Gods work, who after all must be very busy.

Its statistically possible if people forever are predicting THE apocalypse, some one some day may get it right. And win what, bragging rights? Amazing how many blindly follow the dooms day predictions of some luny reverend so-and-so. Now THATS scary.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

I remember when STUPID PEOPLE....ie....any CEO or BOSS who got his job not by merit but because of Political or Family Ties....SOMEHOW they got their MBA...and these people I speak of I would not trust to bring my Suits to the Dry Cleaners....DECIDED to start using the Catch Phrase....PARADIGM SHIFT.

This was at roughly the same time that other Phrases such as...TEAM PLAYER...OUTSIDE THE BOX....GIVE 110%...RIGHTSIZING...and my all time most hated one...SYNERGY! UUUGGGHHH!!!

As I quote an actor from a movie I like but can't remember the name where in the movie a bunch of employees are at a meeting headed by their manager where after the manager say's several of the catch phrases I have listed here...one of the employees say's...But...HEY! arn't words like Paradigm Shift and Synergy just Words and Phrases that stupid people who have power make up to sound SMART?

After he looks at his managers facial reaction...he say's...I AM SO FIRED RIGHT NOW! ARN'T I? His Manager say's...OH YEAH! LOL! I't might have been an episode of the SIMPSONS now that I think about it.

Most of these Phrases started becoming widely used in the later 80's and really took on a life of their own through the 90's, 2000's and are used even to this day. I HATE THEM! LOL!

Even though I have been hired as a Consultant on many occasion...I have either REALLY PAID MY DUES and worked for my Families Businesses and now of course run them...or I work for my sometimes dangerous..."CIVILIAN" Job...or I Record and Tour and play in a band...which is VERY HARD WORK. I have never had the misfortune of having to have to work UNDER one of these IDIOTS who know nothing of their jobs other than what they think is the right thing to say to MOTIVATE...by using Catch Phrases...their Employees.

So why don't we all just be a bunch of TEAM PLAYERS AND GIVE 110% as to help this ongoing PARADIGM SHIFT obtain the necessary amount of SYNERGY that MY OUT OF THE BOX THINKING have provided help the ongoing RIGHTSIZING be as smooth as a transition as possible to allow........and wait for it.......and wait for it.......MYSELF AND ALL THE SENIOR LEADORSHIP AND CEO AS WELL AS THE BOARD AND CHAIRMAN OF PLUS ALL OUR MAJOR STOCK HOLDERS....TO SCREW ALL OF YOU...our employees and vendors and any one without insider TRADE INFORMATION....LOOSE...your life savings as well as your 401K's becoming worthless and let's not forget we are moving the Companies location OFF SHORE and replacing most of our WORKFORCE with FOREIGN EMPLOYEES....SO GOOD LUCK GETTING NEW JOBS!

YEAH! PARADIGM SHIFT....the only thing these SCUMBAGS are SHIFTING is the money from both the INVESTORS AND EMPLOYEES POCKETS to THEIR OFF SHORE BANK ACCOUNTS!
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Hey SI i hear ya.They have about used up all the slave and are

Ready to leave them in the dirt.So sad to think that the upper members of our

society just plane ole Don't Give a @#$.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

What is going on in the corporate world is outright criminal. How we allow them to get away with...is a testament to peoples apathy in that they have every tool at their fingertips to effect proper change...not...take a roll of quarters...place it in a sock...twirl it around quickly then...HIT US OVER THE HEAD WITH IT AND SAY....HERE'S SOME CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN! As we walk away bleeding and saying...THAT GUY is working for MY BENIFIT! B.S!

I come from a Family that is self made and we never asked the state or government to give us any help! We did it all ourselves and a good employee is rewarded and a bad one is given a second chance and then if they can't get it together...we let them go.

I treat people and so do our employees...in the way that I would like to be treated. And in the long run...people appreciate this and you will make money. This is the right way to do things....not grab what you can...put alot of people out of work and sell off the company a piece at a time.

If you can't make it in what you do...then you change to meet the times. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join