It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds say Arapaho can Kill bald Eagles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Nothing is even being repealed.... the Feds are just allowing for one hunting permit to be issued. There is just a special exception being made.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Nothing is even being repealed.... the Feds are just allowing for one hunting permit to be issued. There is just a special exception being made.

for real, the way some people in this thread are acting you would think the feds gave them the right to slaughter 3 million buffalo to starve the people to death, wait the white man already did that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Let me get this straight, you guys think it is fine to slaughter animals by the millions, for your food, your leather jackets, for your candy (yes they use gelatine in candy too) but one group are somehow terrible because they want to kill 2 animals? A life is a life, whether it be an eagle, a cow, a rabbit, you cant say it is fine to kill one but not the other

Please consider the law of keeping religion separate from state.
Additionally, we don't know how many eagles can be sacrificed during any period of time.
As I state in the above thread, 2 eagles a day, week, month?
Furthermore, they are given deceased eagles intact and, please tell me, what nation has a barn yard animal for it's symbol.

to my people the turkey is sacred, but you don't see Seneca people marching in front of the stores at thanksgiving do you. it's all ok as long as it's ok with you right?

I can respect your people's sacredness of the turkey. Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird. The Americans Indians that helped the Pilgrims and provided turkey for their feasts. Frankly, people can eat as much buffalo as they want (buffalo tongue marinated in a vinegar sauce is delicious). However, neither of these animals can compare to the sovereignty, or the regalness, of the American eagle. The frightening incursion of the law allowing one religion to violate federal law, and excluding others is unconstitutional. G_D forbid when (it is already being attempted here in the USA) sharia law will allow men to beat their wives, or honor kill their daughter(s).

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Please consider the law of keeping religion separate from state.
Additionally, we don't know how many eagles can be sacrificed during any period of time.
As I state in the above thread, 2 eagles a day, week, month?
Furthermore, they are given deceased eagles intact and, please tell me, what nation has a barn yard animal for it's symbol.

Do we not kill millions of Turkeys at Christmas and thanks giving??

And there are some nations who use "barn yard" animals as a symbol...

The chicken is the unofficial national symbol of France

Nepal uses a white cow

In Kurdistan they favour the goat

And let’s not forget, what’s in your barn yard may not be what is kept in others!! People in the west seem to have this arrogant notion that their way of living is the most common and dominant in the world. Too much TV can make it seem that way.

Most of the planet lives with rice as their staple and meat as a luxury . Not the burger munching, coke slurping junk that TV would have us believe is the norm. Yet it is the minority, of junk food munchers, that are the most destructive to the planet.

And we are really going to get angry about two eagles??

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

for real, the way some people in this thread are acting you would think the feds gave them the right to slaughter 3 million buffalo to starve the people to death, wait the white man already did that.

LOL

Yep... exactly that

You may as well throw in some pox ridden blankets!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You're right about that.

...and that is precisely the reason we should never try to contact ET life..... I can see the same thing happening, only on a global scale. Want to live in a human reservation?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Geez guy, chill out some. You can disagree with this, but you don't need to make it sound like this group of Native Americans are going to single handedly make the species extinct. In general the religions of Native American's respect and give back to nature.... it's not like there is going to be a free-for-all eagle slaying competition. It'll work out, promise.

Chill out, really? Where do I come across as being hot headed, or boiling over?
This has everything to do with derision and division of the American people. Allowing one group of people to practice outside that law, and making it illegal for others.
As I said, the bald eagle IS one of the symbols of the USA. SO is the flag. but I'm sure your OK with burning that as well as burning the constitution.
This action opens the door for other incursions into destroying the liberties and freedoms of the American people. But your probably OK with that as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

you must be one of them terrorizers with your differing opinion about how americans are arrogant (sarcasm my friend!)

i will not say i am an american...i'll say i live in america. americans, on average, are the most arrogant, narrow minded and ignorant people there are! it's not even about race...it's about culture.

if americans do something, well then, the rest of the world are heathens for practicing differently.

Michel de Montaigne said it best (when talking about cannibalism) : "I do not find that there is anything barbaric or savage about this nation, according to what I've been told, unless we are to call barbarism whatever differs from our own customs."

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Umm... I'm ok with making an exception to kill two eagles during the course of this year. No laws have changed, there has been no policy change that has trampled on my rights, no one is burning the constitution. In a world where our bi-cameral system, lobbyists and big business are keeping us divided so they can exploit and control us I have no problem allowing a group who have had their human rights violated many times over being allowed to kill two birds. So... yeah, I have no problem with that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Poor little Eagles.

Maybe I should say more.

edit on 093131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   

Geez guy, chill out some. You can disagree with this, but you don't need to make it sound like this group of Native Americans are going to single handedly make the species extinct. In general the religions of Native American's respect and give back to nature.... it's not like there is going to be a free-for-all eagle slaying competition. It'll work out, promise.

Chill out, really? Where do I come across as being hot headed, or boiling over?
This has everything to do with derision and division of the American people. Allowing one group of people to practice outside that law, and making it illegal for others.
As I said, the bald eagle IS one of the symbols of the USA. SO is the flag. but I'm sure your OK with burning that as well as burning the constitution.
This action opens the door for other incursions into destroying the liberties and freedoms of the American people. But your probably OK with that as well.

keep in mind the Arapaho are a sovereign nation.

link   

Originally posted by Muckster

LOL

Yep... exactly that

I see, you both want to play the race card.

I can't reason with someone that is filled with hatred, it's a mute point.
Allowing religious preferential treatment for one group and making it illegal for other groups is unconstitutional and against the Bill of Rights.
And that's all I have to say to you two.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

LOL

Yep... exactly that

throw in some sterilization and you got the trifecta. lul

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

LOL

Yep... exactly that

Allowing religious preferential treatment for one group and making it illegal for other groups is unconstitutional and against the Bill of Rights.

nothing racial about any reply i have seen, merely stating facts that's clearly make you uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
greatlakeswindtruth.org...

Plenty feathers here.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

let he with no sin cast the first stone. we came in and murdered them for their land...killed enslaved as many as we could find...then allowed a few to survive but we threw them in segregated towns.

yet...restoring their GOD GIVEN right to practice their religious ceremonies however they want...is burning the constitution? you are phanatical man! you must be glenn beck's little helper or something??? what a stretch.

let's break down your logic...first person:

Dear Indians,

We came into your land and took everything we saw. We murdered almost all your men and raped almost all your women. The few of you we selected to survive...you've gotta walk for like...months on end...until you reach these little areas we've set up for you to live.

We're gonna hunt the animals that you live off of and respect..totally wipe out populations so that we can hang them over our mantles while destroying entire populations of animals. Then, when we've just about killed "em all...we'll throw up laws that keep you from practicing your respectful ceremonies with this animal that you respect.

Now, there's enough alive that we think it's ok for you to practice your ceremony, in your land (that we just let you live on...don't get greedy brown man)...but only if you pay for a permit and tell us about it.

Signed,
Barry Obama

please tell me how that is burning the constitution??? or show me which constitution you're referencing, please sir. pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We have to have hunting and fishing licenses too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Oh please... don’t act like you’re the victim of some race conspiracy!! I have not used a race card... for that would imply some devious tactic of using lies and deceit to gain an advantage.

Point out one area where i have lied or been deceitful??

Is it a lie that the Native Americans lived in America before the invading European Americans?

Is it a lie that the European Americans decimated the native population in a sustained genocide in order to take the land?

Is it a lie that millions of buffalo where wiped out, by the Europeans Americans, in order to help achieve their goals?

Is it a lie to say that the American Bald Eagle had become endangered, not because of the religious practices of the few remaining native Indians, but because of the practices of the European Americans!

And when you take all of this into consideration... Do you not think that it is hypocritical to then cry because one of your laws is being bent, in order to allow the, few remaining, native Americans to kill two eagles?!?!?!!

edit on 16-3-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Really? tell me what are the laws in America when it comes to say killing cattle for meat and leather, how are they killed? What does the law dictate? Does it dictate that the animals should be stunned before slaughter so as to ensure the minimum of suffering? I think you will find it is, and this law is enforceable, yet Halal, and Kosher meat is not allowed to be killed stunned, it would break the religious practice if it was and so EXCEPTIONS are made, because the US is secular and respects all faiths, it does not mean secular and dismisses any faith other than white Christian.

You also state these native Americans are acting outside the law, they are not, they have a permit to hunt and kill these two eagles, therefore the are doing so legally, and with this permit acting within their legal rights. The fact that you place an eagle above any other animal they might kill is YOUR issue, your problem.

You accuse others of introducing the race card, yet it seems to me you are the one acting racist, trying to enforce your beliefs on others, to enforce your values on others

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
In my opinion no governmental laws should in any way pander to or be altered to accommodate religious beliefs.
edit on 16/3/12 by Versa because: (no reason given)

I agree.

And, since they are no longer on the threatened species list, it should NOT be a crime to kill them. It should not require a lawsuit and a special permission, and it should not be restricted to religious ceremonies. I want an eagle feather for my cowboy hat and a talon for biker vest, and that vest and hat might be just as religious to me as someone else's crucifix or beenie cap.

So, either they are protected or they are not protected.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join