reply to post by CaptainNemo
I have never felt uncomfortable about being a Mason and a Christian. Most of the rituals are based from the Old Testament, and I don't see the symbols
I think the Messiah is just fine with me being a Mason.
What level am I? For which body? Well, here is what I am in Freemasonry:
- Past Master and current Marshall of my home Lodge
- Worshipful Master of the Idaho Lodge of Research
- Past High Priest (no religious duties, just a commemorative title) and current King (2nd in command) of my Royal Arch Chapter from which I also
received the chair degree "Order of High Priesthood"
- Soon to be installed as Grand Master of the 1st Veil for the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Idaho
- Thrice Illustrious Master of my Council of Cryptic Masons (often referred to as Royal and Select Masters) and I will be going through the Order of
the Silver Trowel next month (chair degree).
- Generalissimo (Yes, I know, you don't have to say it) of my Templar Commandery
- Member and soon to be Associate Patron of my Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star
- Companion Knight in the York Rite College here in Idaho. I may nominate myself for Treasurer for this next year.
- I'm Prelate of the Boise Valley of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite (32°)
- Fellow of the Grand College of Rites
- Member of the Ohio Asylum of Research
- Member of the Masonic Society
- I was just invited to join the Order of the Red Cross of Constantine
I also sit on several various committees at the Grand Lodge, Grand York Rite, and General Grand Chapter, Royal Arch Masons, International. Although,
the most prominent title I go by would be Worshipful Master or Past Master. I never get introduced by all of these nor would I wish to.
reply to post by 1nOne
You mean like the freedom to assemble in private? And the freedom of religion?
edit on 15-3-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason