It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Weather In Southern Michigan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I grew up in Hartland/Brighton MI.....any damage there?

Hope my former Michigan peeps are ok...stay safe

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I used to live in southeast Mi.and remember how dark (completely black)it would get during thunder storms.
Do you still get electrical storms?(constant lightning)they used to freak me out,it felt like the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

yes on the lightning
all my dogs try to lay on top of me and it has been steady all day here if distant

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well so far there have been no reports of deaths or serious injuries, thankfully. We heard from our friend. She is OK, just has alot of cleaning up to do. This day will be remembered for some time around here.

Do you still get electrical storms?(constant lightning)they used to freak me out,it felt like the end of the world.

Yes we still get those. I love them. The most memorable one I can remember the lightening would start at one end of the sky and spiderweb all the way across. I hope we get some good ones this summer so I can get video of one.

edit on 15/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im in SW Michigan and got a chance to film some HD thunder clouds. This was filmed on the 12th by the way, not today, but this weather has persisted recently so i thought i'd share...check it out. definitely not used to this...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Great Video, Thats how the clouds looked today as they were building on three sides of us. It's pretty wicked what mother nature can do.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the tornado.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Thanks! Glad you're safe! Man, thats a scary situation. I'll update ya if i have anything pass thru here.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I also live in Michigan but in the N.W. suburbs about 45 miles from the area that was hard hit, we had warnings and it got very dark but thank goodness nothing, not even a drop of rain..

Glad that no injuries were reported.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Two cells going through the NE suburbs now, smaller than the earlier storms....quite a bit of lightning.....not much rain yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think it is amazing that they had about 26 minutes of warning before they hit. I was very happy to hear there were no deaths or major injuries.
I'm a bit north from you, but we did stand out on the porch to watch an beautiful lightning show.

Glad everyone is ok. Thought we had another month before we had to worry about this type of weather!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

The warning systems here are amazing. The towns sound the tornado sirens during all severe weather now. We and many others in other surrounding areas heard sirens going off long before the worst of it hit.

I went to the next town over to survey the damage this morning and it is a miracle that no one was killed or severely injured. Trees uprooted everywhere and buildings destroyed. This was an unusually strong and long lasting tornado for this area. Michigan is more known for F-0 rope twisters from what I have read.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I was reading, watching videos and looking at pictures earlier today, it is bad but so glad no one was killed, I agree that it's amazing that there weren't more injuries..

We do have great warning systems in this area, there is no excuse for people not to take cover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join