It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The impossible photo!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sorry guys if I badly explained myself, but of course it's only the first photo that shows an impossible configuration.

The two lasts are legit with a rainbow close to a full (or gibbous) moon.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don't worry, it's not you fault. I got your OP immediately. At first I thought abominatonofdesolation was trolling but I realize now that he/she is just one of those people that have a lot of trouble unlearning what they believe. abominatonofdesolation is very new on ATS and I'm sure as time goes on, as long evidence is presented as well as it has been here, and as long as intelligent people continue to stand by the evidence, ignorance will be denied and abominatonofdesolation will become better at accepting new ideas based on logic rather than programing.

Well done OP, great thread.

Abominatonofdesolation, a word of advice. You believe so strongly in what you think you know that you refuse to even listen to what others are saying. It happened time and time again on this thread with you. My advice is that you should maybe start listening.

edit on 15-3-2012 by dainoyfb because: I added the advice.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Very cool post and a cool little factoid to tease the minds of our friends, and confound, confuse and completely call out any ignoramus know-it-all that has big fat smarter then you chip on their shoulder. At least by entering into that pointless discord, said know-it-all has shown us his true colors and we now have another to avoid in the future.

Back to the OP, I'm greatfull there are people out there like you that can take the simple beauty of rainbows and moon phases and show the rest of us another way to see them. Cheers and keep up the great posts!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Sorry guys if I badly explained myself, but of course it's only the first photo that shows an impossible configuration.

The two lasts are legit with a rainbow close to a full (or gibbous) moon.

Sorry, but in trying to explain things, I forgot to compliment your great post.

I think you explained things just fine. It's a little bit like a visual riddle, and it can take (at least it took me) folks a little bit to think the situation all the way through.

It's a bit different, but the subject matter reminds me of this image...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is there anyone here that actually cares about this? Wow, a rainbow and a moon both seen in the day...it's not like it's springtime or anything

Show me a rainbow (not photoshopped) at night and i'll be impressed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Is there anyone here that actually cares about this? Wow, a rainbow and a moon both seen in the day...it's not like it's springtime or anything

I'm guessing that you didn't read the whole post as it is a little bit more involved than simply the moon and a rainbow in daylight. Thanks for taking the time the add such thoughful insights to the dialogue though...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I think it's fair to say I really cared last night in finding a wonderful image to take pleasure in looking at before heading to bed. I definitely thank the OP for that.

How anyone cares so much to spend 3 pages debating the technical issues and viability to the point where the OP is on the defensive for ...sharing a beautiful image...is beyond me. Oh well.. Changing times..changing folks..and definitely a changing tone to everything lately.

Thanks OP..for sharing. I don't really care either way about the first image being a partial creation. Beauty is Beauty and I don't think it was ever offered to us as an attempt to pass a mod'ed image as legit anyway..so yeah, who cares? Enjoy the image. I sure have.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Science is pretty...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So how much is my photo I took of the moon behind a rainbow worth? If its impossible/rare.. It sould have some value.. Correct?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
rainbows are fascinating and don't always adhere to the science!

How so?

Care to post an example?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here you go:

Source: guardian.co.uk

It's actually called a "moonbow", but it's no different to a rainbow apart from the fact that the sunlight has traveled via the moon instead of straight from the sun.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
So how much is my photo I took of the moon behind a rainbow worth? If its impossible/rare.. It sould have some value.. Correct?

No, it's common if the moon is full or gibbous. What is impossible (and please read carefully my first post!) is to find a crescent moon close to a rainbow.

I really would like to see your photo! Would you like to share it with us?

edit on 15-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Your posts are always of the sort of knowledge that makes a ladys eyes light up. In other words,some very cool info.

SnF OP.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We have all heard about "the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow".

On day just after a good rain shower I noticed a rainbow which appeared very low and close to my position.

As I drove a short distance I saw one end actually at ground level.

And, yes, there it was; the rainbow went down to the ground right beside a bank.

I have wished a thousand times since that I had had a camera.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hahahahahaha! The moon is fake! The moon is fake!

All the charlatans were right!

The moon is fake!

What do we do now?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Its actually not that impossible. I can even take a picture of a rainbow close to a crescent moon during the night. All that is needed is an alternative light source

To me it makes perfect sense when looking at the moon and seeing where the light is coming from that the rainbow shouldnt be there unless its created by artificial lighting. I dont get it how some posters do not realize that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Breathtaking OP. Breathtaking !

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Beautiful images, very interesting read.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You explained it just fine, and I understood exactly what you were trying to illustrate. Thanks for the great pictures. I love learning about the natural world and things like this are why I come to ATS.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Like many people here have said its an amazing photo. Something so rare and so amazing that is rarely seen on this great planet

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join