It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights over Kentucky 3/14/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
First of all, this isn't going to be an 'OMG, ALIENS!" post. However, it was unidentified and flying, so from my perspective, it was a UFO. Anyway...

Just wanted to share something I saw a couple or so hours ago in hopes that somebody else saw it and can tell me what it was!

Tonight, I was driving around with my brother in hopes that he could diagnose a weird sound my car has been making. He's the jack-of-all-trades kind of guy and I wanted him to figure out what it was so we could do whatever needs to be done to make it stop.

It was dark and we were travelling south on a road that runs parallel to interstate 75. We were almost to the end of the road when I looked south and saw what at first appeared to be a MASSIVE craft in the sky, right over the interstate. I said "OMG! Look at that!" My brother has always been one to laugh and make fun of such things, but when he saw it, he said "What in the world is that???" I stopped the car right in the middle of the road. Not too many people out on a country road this time of night, so I wasn't worried about disrupting traffic. We both watched, basically with our jaws dropped.

The first thing I thought of was the Arizona lights. It appeared to be triangle shaped and absolutely HUGE!!! There were five red lights that made a triangle formation, with white lights blinking occasionally. And it was moving very slowly. My brother told me to drive over the interstate overpass so we could see it better, so I did and we stopped there. I got my phone out and tried to take pics. He kept saying, "What IS that???" As we were sitting there, it appeared to change shape and that's when we started thinking that it may be a group of planes or helicopters flying in formation. If that's the case, that's VERY unusual for this area, but still likely since there were red and white flashing lights. At some point while we were watching, I glanced down at the clock on the radio and it said 9:05.

If I had to guess, I would say it was about 3 miles away, when we first saw it, but I'm not even going to try to guess the elevation because that would be pointless. It looked to us that it (or they) were way too high for helicopters, but I'm not going to say it's impossible.

While we were watching, one or two red lights would blink out so that we could only see three, but the other two would eventually come back on. It was wider than I75 and I KNOW people travelling south had to see it. We started chasing it, as much as we could. We could only go south for a few miles, because there wasn't a road that goes east, which was the direction it was heading. We wanted to get under it to see if it blocked out the stars, which would mean it was one object, but we couldn't. The last we saw of it, four of the red lights were illuminated and it was back into a triangle'ish formation. It seemed to us that the lights just disappeared, but there are hills here in Kentucky and it's possible that with it going east while we were going south, there may have just been a hill between us so we couldn't see it anymore. The whole experience lasted 5 or 6 minutes.

My brother, who is used to me telling about stuff I read on here, said "Well, I can vouch for this one! I saw it with my own eyes!"

Now, like I said there were red and white flashing lights so it's very likely it was normal air craft travelling in formation, but again, that is something that doesn't really happen here. We both rolled our windows down when we were trying to take pics. We didn't hear the sound of planes or helicopters but we were right over top of I75, so the sound of traffic could have blocked out the sound of the object. If it had been daylight hours, I might have thought it had something to do with people viewing tornado damage or something like that, but it was dark. Whatever it was, I don't think it was anything other worldly or anything like that. Top secret or black ops maybe, but I wouldn't think it would be anything alien.

We told my mom about it later and she said that Obama was in Louisville yesterday, to watch a basketball game. Maybe that had something to do with it? I don't know.

The main reason I'm posting this is to see if ANYBODY ELSE SAW IT!!! I really hope somebody else did!!! I want to know what it was!

Btw, no pics. (Figures, right?) But I did try! The camera on my phone just wouldn't pick it up.

I've had weird things happen to me and I believe in the paranormal, but I try to keep a level head and look for normal explanations before jumping to the fantastic, so this very likely could have been something completely normal. I just want to know what!

edit on 3/14/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
is it the nasa missiles they fired tonight?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Hmmm, I didn't know anything about that. Will look it up and see! Thanks for mentioning it. Even if it turns out not to be related at all, it sounds interesting and like something I'd like to check out anyway. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Now,I didn't see what you saw,but I did see bright flashes of light from the sky.
Actually several bright flashes.
Kind of like heat lightening.
Looked at the weather and nothing was showing up.
It is clear with a big cloud moving in,but nothing showing on radar.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i dont think they fired those tonight. air traffic is kind of abnormal right now though. flying a lot lower than usual.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Really? ?
really..
come on this is ATS
Pics or it never happened

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Checking in from Louisville. I've been outside most of the evening around my chiminea with friends drinking a few home brews celebrating my 40th and did not see what you described. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I didn't see it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
Really? ?
really..
come on this is ATS
Pics or it never happened

True, but I, like most people, don't travel around with a camera in my car that is capable of zooming in on lights in the night sky. Probably should, but I don't. Typically, I can rely on my phone for good pics. Doesn't do one bit of good in the dark though. If you read through, I did TRY to take pics. Was rather disappointed that nothing would show up, but meh... it was probably something totally mundane anyway.

And, just to rant a little, and this isn't directed at you... it wouldn't have mattered if I had pics. Even if they were AWESOME pics, then there would be somebody to say they were photochopped, not enough detail, not enough reference points or yada yada yada. You know you can't please this bunch. That'll never happen.
edit on 3/14/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I should probably mention that I'm about right in the center of the Kentucky and Interstate 75 runs right down the middle of my county.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Get over the pics or it never happened crap.
A recount visually .
I saw it,the flashes of light.Not a cloud in the sky.
As far as what the op saw,not doubting it.
This is what has become the demise of ATS.
Witness accounts without photographic evidence.
Being ridiculed.
You know what I'm saying.
So be it,if that is what it has come to,I say,time to move along,and let the money follow.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

What direction were the flashes of light that you saw?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Well,I'm just west of downtown, Louisville,off of dixie hwy,and the flashes came from the west of me.
I thought a thunderstorm was moving in,since they generally come from the west,but saw nothing on radar.
It kind of caught me by surprise,to tell you the truth.
It was after that ,I was on here cruising around and saw your thread.

edit on 14-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Hmmm. Very strange. I used to always think Kentucky was so boring, lol. It seems there's more stuff happening these days, hehe.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
According to Jim Cantore of the weather channel NASA's mission to launch missiles tonight didn't go off, this is the site he linked in his tweet:

sites.wff.nasa.gov...

And Edited to add, that according to NASA itself it didn't go off, I just read that link LOL

edit on 15-3-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

It was just the aliens retrieving the rest of the gold from Fort Knox.
All is safe now.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

HAHA!!! They probably found it empty and left mad.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I just got home from Louisville. Heard on the radio of a severe storm warning approaching southern Indiana and the Louisville area. You might have seen some lights from the approaching storm. And since you are in Louisville, expect some hail is what I heard as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it were Obama-related....Last time he was in town here in Los Angeles, I saw a group of seven or eight military helicopters flew in tight formation in broad day light, an awesome sight. Later on that afternoon, it was reported that an illegal drug trade plane was flying too close to Air Force One and was forced to land (by military means I assume).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkererJim
I wouldn't be surprised if it were Obama-related....Last time he was in town here in Los Angeles, I saw a group of seven or eight military helicopters flew in tight formation in broad day light, an awesome sight. Later on that afternoon, it was reported that an illegal drug trade plane was flying too close to Air Force One and was forced to land (by military means I assume).

That would make sense, if he was still in Kentucky today. Is there a way to know? I remember about 20 years ago, George Bush was visiting Kentucky for some reason and there was a group of about 8 copters that flew over my house. They were quite a bit lower than what we saw tonight, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If Obama was still in Kentucky today, I'd just about bet that's what it was.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join