It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous has just released its own operating system: Anonymous-OS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Anonymous has just released its own operating system: Anonymous-OS

thenextweb.com

For reasons unknown at the moment, the famous and perhaps infamous hacker group Anonymous has just released its own OS. As described on Source Forge, “Anonymous-OS Live is an ubuntu-based distribution and created for educational purposes, to checking the security of web pages.” It was created under Ubuntu 11.10 and uses Mate desktop.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
anonymous-os.tumblr.com
sourceforge.net

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Im a little afraid to venture on to a hackers OS myself. Im not computer savvy enough to wander into a lions den. If someone tries it , let us know what you think....The end of the article does say download at your own risk. Not an enticing statement for me.
QUOTE=At the moment, all I can say is that Anonymous-OS is a very unexpected if not outright strange direction for the group. Sure, it makes sense to rely on Linux for the added transparency and safety from tracking, but is Anonymous-OS actually built from the ground up to safe-guard its members?

QUOTE=As The Hacker News notes, the OS is not developed by any particular or genuine source, and could be backdoored by law enforcement companies or hackers. Seriously, you can download this via the link below, but do so at your own risk!

thenextweb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is the stupidest creation since their crappy computerized voice in their videos. I still can't make out half of what they are saying.

Who would download an OS developed by hackers?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Strange in deed but what we need is an alternative internet. Maybe they included some p2p additions?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thats what I'm thinking too, And it has this disclaimer, almost feels like its encouraging people to do the illegal things.

If you attack to any web page, might end up in jail because is a crime in most countries! *** The user has total responsibility for any illegal act. ***

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, if it's Ubuntu based - that means open source - which means the entire Linux community can observe what's going on behind the scenes, right? What makes this more useful then the more senior Distro's that will do the same thing? There are plenty of forensics distros to review at distrowatch.com.
edit on 14-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is so lame, its not even an OS made by them really.

I could "make an OS" like they did..
All I gotta do is download Ubuntu, run it, change the theme to my own (black and green witha UFO on the desktop), include some apps like 3D earthquake, timewaveZERO and some other "conspiracy tools", give it a new splash/startup screen, and repackage it under the name "NuttyOS".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sounds nice and secure!......where do I enter my bank details?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'll wait for SP420. Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow so this is their big announcement huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Those government operatives, er, I mean Anonymous...are a real leg-pullin' hoot.

Endorsed by Julian Assange might help on the downloads?

edit on 14-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.
This OS could get you in big trouble. Do you trust them?
It has a suite of hacking tools. Unless you are a card carrying geek of the highest order, (which I am) you will not know what is in there, and when it could activate. You could become a node that they use for who knows what.
Not a good thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
This is so lame, its not even an OS made by them really.

I could "make an OS" like they did..
All I gotta do is download Ubuntu, run it, change the theme to my own (black and green witha UFO on the desktop), include some apps like 3D earthquake, timewaveZERO and some other "conspiracy tools", give it a new splash/startup screen, and repackage it under the name "NuttyOS".
You forgot to add "tracking device" and "key logger."

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I couldn't see any source code on Sourceforge, unless it's included in the iso.

Does anyone know where's this version's source code?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For silly people think about it like this

A new theme plus new apps.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Perhaps it's pre-broken so that it can be zombified for DDoS attacks? That would be an attractive incentive for anonymous.

But, then again, maybe it IS just some lame-a$$ Anonymous-themed release....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
From anonops twitter account:

RT @YourAnonNews: Seeing lots of tweets about purported "Anonymous OS" released earlier. BE CAREFUL! Remember the Zeus Trojan incident

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If that information is not able to be accessed - huge red flag.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you weren't being tracked by the government before, you can count on it after installing this OS

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yikes..

Yeah so Cyber Command finally made software to hack into your computer eh? Kind of clever if you ask me.

Why try and track down members of ANON when you can just pretend you are ANON and get peopel to do the work for you?

A wolf in sheep's clothing methinks..

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join