It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous has just released its own operating system: Anonymous-OS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Ya, this is the one I had in mind when I posted, too. There is also one called Gnacktrack and there's a really cool distro that was developed for the purpose of teaching how to identify security threats. Forgot the name, but it is a distro that purposefully comes full of holes...

reply to post by spoonbender

Not even Firefox is safe anymore... version 12 of Mint replaced 'em with DuckDuckGo as it's installed search.

edit on 14-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by rigel4

Ya, this is the one I had in mind when I posted, too. There is also one called Gnacktrack and there's a really cool distro that was developed for the purpose of teaching how to identify security threats. Forgot the name, but it is a distro that purposefully comes full of holes...

reply to post by spoonbender

Not even Firefox is safe anymore... version 12 of Mint replaced 'em with DuckDuckGo as it's installed search.

There is a Distro that come full of holes my good lady.........
It is called "The other OS" ya know the one from Redmond

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

If you are running windows and are worried about safety when compared to any linux distro then i am seriously worried for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Im a little afraid to venture on to a hackers OS myself.

If you knew anything about Linux or UNIX, you'd know why I'm giving you that image macro. Ubuntu is not a "hacker's OS." It is nowhere remotely close. Ubuntu is an attempt to force Linux to imitate Windows as closely as possible. It is also the most opaque, obfuscated, broken mess masquerading as a Linux distribution that has ever existed.

Whoever put this out is not worthy of the name Anonymous, and they should be deeply ashamed of themselves.

If you want something that is more genuinely deserving of the label, "hacker's OS," then I would direct you to OpenBSD.

Unlike Ubuntu, yes, that is probably something which you (and these pathetic script kiddies referring to themselves as Anonymous) genuinely would find intimidating.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Im a little afraid to venture on to a hackers OS myself.

If you knew anything about Linux or UNIX, you'd know why I'm giving you that image macro. Ubuntu is not a "hacker's OS." It is nowhere remotely close. Ubuntu is an attempt to force Linux to imitate Windows as closely as possible. It is also the most opaque, obfuscated, broken mess masquerading as a Linux distribution that has ever existed.

Whoever put this out is not worthy of the name Anonymous, and they should be deeply ashamed of themselves.

If you want something that is more genuinely deserving of the label, "hacker's OS," then I would direct you to OpenBSD.

Unlike Ubuntu, yes, that is probably something which you (and these pathetic script kiddies referring to themselves as Anonymous) genuinely would find intimidating.

Your a bit rough there, and technically OpenBSD is not Linux.
Ubuntu have done a great job of providing Linux to the masses and
for that we should all be grateful.
There is no point in only Technical types having access to LInux, like it used to be. The whole point of "Open Source" is to bring Freedom to all.

Now I think you should be a little ashamed of your self

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I was actually thinking of Damn Vulnerable Linux... but I wish I had written my post like that (to show your point) on purpose...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Theres no need to DL this.. All the stuff on it is available on line and tried and tested.. Dont take the risk...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Anonymous is nothing more then the 7000 or so Jaded Security type contractors. Who was hired to security audits of the internet sites of different states. They made the news when Boris Sverdlik a Israeli who worked for them posted information from the Florida voting database. link He quickly got in trouble for doing so. He burned his CISSP certificate to protest getting in trouble. They got him on ethics for doing a whitehat presitation called hack the interview where he said lie about what ever it takes to get what you want or to get where you want.

infosecisland.com...

This whole thing with Anonymous is a game the government is playing. Did you know these same guys hacked Libya for DHS just befor we did a no fly zone? How about how we hacked China so we could protect their infrastructure?link

Do you know what happened with Sony after they got hacked?

But things have changed a lot at Sony, with Brett Wahlin, former counter-intelligence official in the US military during the Cold War and Chief Security Officer at McAfee, now taking over as the CSO at the company.

The company will put the usual apps used by the staff under surveillance and analysis of the web browsing habits and other abnormalities will help them discover a hiding Trojan or similar threats in company’s systems.

To prevent social engineering attacks on the staff, the system will keep an eye on company’s IP phones and will create a profile of who they are calling and for how long and similar things to find out anything suspicious.

The US put a millitary guy in there who will spy on every body in the company and create a database of anything and everything. Normal US policy on any given situation. I guess they really did not like it when they held back computer technology for so long and a video game system was able to build a super computer to fight the government.

Hell after wikileaks built one the DOD built their own.

blog.cleveland.com...

And what about all the government contractors who have been hacked. Well alot of it is the intentional down sizing that Obama and DOD has been doing for a while.

The investigation's other findings include:

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.

* Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.

* Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year - a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

The problem with many intelligence reports, say officers who read them, is that they simply re-slice the same facts already in circulation. "It's the soccer ball syndrome. Something happens, and they want to rush to cover it," said Richard H. Immerman, who was the ODNI's assistant deputy director of national intelligence for analytic integrity and standards until early 2009. "I saw tremendous overlap."

Even the analysts at the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC), which is supposed to be where the most sensitive, most difficult-to-obtain nuggets of information are fused together, get low marks from intelligence officials for not producing reports that are original, or at least better than the reports already written by the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency or Defense Intelligence Agency.

When Maj. Gen. John M. Custer was the director of intelligence at U.S. Central Command, he grew angry at how little helpful information came out of the NCTC. In 2007, he visited its director at the time, retired Vice Adm. John Scott Redd, to tell him so. "I told him that after 41/2 years, this organization had never produced one shred of information that helped me prosecute three wars!" he said loudly, leaning over the table during an interview.

Two years later, Custer, now head of the Army's intelligence school at Fort Huachuca, Ariz., still gets red-faced recalling that day, which reminds him of his frustration with Washington's bureaucracy. "Who has the mission of reducing redundancy and ensuring everybody doesn't gravitate to the lowest-hanging fruit?" he said. "Who orchestrates what is produced so that everybody doesn't produce the same thing?"

projects.washingtonpost.com...

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release December 29, 2009
Executive Order 13526- Classified National Security Information
This order prescribes a uniform system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying national security information, including information relating to defense against transnational terrorism. Our democratic principles require that the American people be informed of the activities of their Government. Also, our Nation's progress depends on the free flow of information both within the Government and to the American people. Nevertheless, throughout our history, the national defense has required that certain information be maintained in confidence in order to protect our citizens, our democratic institutions, our homeland security, and our interactions with foreign nations. Protecting information critical to our Nation's security and demonstrating our commitment to open Government through accurate and accountable application of classification standards and routine, secure, and effective declassification are equally important priorities.

www.whitehouse.gov...

And according to the military they are busy getting rid of the old and useless. Thats how they plan to fix the problem spoken of in the Top Secret America story.

www.fas.org...

edit on 14-3-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And if you wonder why do the contractors keep quite about what the government did to them. Or why don't they leak the info on how they were hacked and by who. Well just read a login screen they give permission to be hacked by the government at any time. And a quick NSA letter saying shut up or else would be all it takes to shut them up. And they love using those NSA letters.

www.intelink.gov...

video.google.com...#

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do not download this spyware. Only one of two things can come from this. You let the A Team into your comp and they use it as part of their network and maybe get vital info from it, or the CIA does the exact same thing. And either way you could end up on a "list" and in a courtroom or camp. TPTB ARE trying to round up sheep, I feel sorry for the ones that still sleep. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. Not even out of curiosity. Best to stay away from anything A Team/CIA related.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

CHOKAY!!!!

This is dumb people. Clearly anyone who is unable to see this is just a way for the GOV to see who supports ANON.

Hey we are ANON!!!!

Hey we have something good for youze!!!

Download our warez!!!!

Kicks door open...

Does anyone else see right through this???

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Every anon twitter feed I see is warning not to download this, that is loaded with trojans.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Im not touching this thing with a ten foot pole.....doesnt seem right. Thanks for the update on the twitter feed.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by stonebutterfly

also if you have any questions or comments about the os itself or available job opps in development, contact your local federal enforcement agency.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They seem to be revealing their stripes in my opinion. This seems to be a move against open source and the whole world, to make ubuntu into a terrorist tool or something. And to make sure everyone on ubuntu, or linux or any flavor of it feels threatened, and I am on a flavor of it myself, pinguy, which is the best ubuntu based distros I've tried. Not as good as pclinuxos, which is the very best linux or OS there is in my books, except for drivers and their monopoly head games. But alas no 64 bit. I don't do anacondra and having someone dictate where its going down on my computer, not to mention tons of other issues the others all have.

These guys must be working for the man.

They can stay away from open source!!!!
edit on 14-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anon OPsys,..

...pffft,...

Too funny.

Btw,.. I got an anon app for your jailbreak'd iPhone....

Download NOW !!!!

lmfao

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am downloading it now! I am gong to try it on a offline computer. curious to see what it is. my guess it is going to be like backtrack. I will update when I get it

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
ever since the leader of Anon turned out to be a spook, isn't it obvious we can't trust Anon?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
RUN far away from using that OS! Dont even log in unless you want to be a government target.

If any site will be spied on by the CIA, FBI, INTERPOL, NSA, HOMELAND SECURITY and a myriad of others government agencies...it'll be this one!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the stupidest creation since their crappy computerized voice in their videos. I still can't make out half of what they are saying.

Who would download an OS developed by hackers?

Do you know what Linux is? Nuff said ;-)

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join