It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apollo 11 Moon Landing Site --Now Seen in Unprecedented Detail

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by webstra

Hello Webstra
The Apollo rockets didn't go to the moon usually they just launched the command modules and what ever was in them. They were supposed to set the module in orbit around the earth and then a control system would direct it into space at 20,000 miles an hour or so.
edit on 16-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

Citation needed.

Why are you making things up?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Apollo 10 has the world speed record for a manned flight, near 25,000 mph, though it was a bit lighter than the 15-17 Apollos at about 250,000 pounds that reached earth escape velocity. The newton thrust adds up to achieve that, and the whole Apollo system had near a million more pounds of thrust than its launch weight, which decreased drastically after ignition. So it all adds up mathematically.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Worldwide astronomers and the Russians would beg to differ. I have sources, do you?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Worldwide astronomers and the Russians would beg to differ. I have sources, do you?

Are these the same Russians who are the only country who bring people to the ISS at the moment ?

jra

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The Apollo rockets didn't go to the moon...

You might want to read up on the S-IVB. It was the third stage of the Saturn V rocket.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ugh you'll have to tell me what they beg to differ about.
Perhaps if you disclosed your sources i would know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

You might want to read up on the S-IVB. It was the third stage of the Saturn V rocket.

Hi jra

What are you trying to say?
That a part or the last stage or a third of a rocket went to the moon?
I could buy that but certainly no lift off rocket went to the moon.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

The same with my firework rockets, they went too the moon but they didn't reach it ?

****still waiting for some real evidence from real independent source ****

;-)
edit on 16-3-2012 by webstra because: it

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Apollo 10 has the world speed record for a manned flight, near 25,000 mph, though it was a bit lighter than the 15-17 Apollos at about 250,000 pounds that reached earth escape velocity. The newton thrust adds up to achieve that, and the whole Apollo system had near a million more pounds of thrust than its launch weight, which decreased drastically after ignition. So it all adds up mathematically.

So you are agreeing with me here right??? That's a first.
I said 20,000 or so you are sayig the fastest at 25,000.

jra

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yes.

...but certainly no lift off rocket went to the moon.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lift off rocket". Do you mean the first stage of the Saturn V? If so, then you'd be correct. The first stage of the Saturn V (S-IC) is discarded at 168 seconds after lift off at an altitude of about 67 kilometers. So it doesn't even make it into orbit.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

lgb is trolling all of the honest and serious people here, online....

Getting 'trolled' is not easy to grasp....those of us who never, ever partake in that little game generally don't realize it, because we have too much honor and integrity.

UNFORTUNATELY, trolls have no honor and no integrity......they just think it's all about the "lulz".....

I know.....I know......but, welcome to the modern era, and the nastier side of Humanity......

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by paradox

lgb is trolling all of the honest and serious people here, online....

all.....honest......serious.....

Those people must be perfect ?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by webstra

Yes, webstra......there are people online who take some things seriously.

People online who actually CARE about truth.

People online who actually CARE about facts, and being honest with them.

Then, there are others (no names specifically) who see the "online experience" as a 'perfect place' to come into and "tag" with their crap.

Yeah.....I used the term "tag", because it's a lot like that.

Graffiti. That is called "tagging" (in case you didn't know the lingo).

Internet trolling is just a "high-tech" version of graffiti.....it is much the same thing.....

....SO, whether YOU do it (and no one is accusatory here) or it is done to you.....TROLLING is TROLLING...

Done. Period.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by webstra

Yes, webstra......there are people online who take some things seriously.

People online who actually CARE about truth.

People online who actually CARE about facts, and being honest with them.

Then, there are others (no names specifically) who see the "online experience" as a 'perfect place' to come into and "tag" with their crap.

Yeah.....I used the term "tag", because it's a lot like that.

Graffiti. That is called "tagging" (in case you didn't know the lingo).

Internet trolling is just a "high-tech" version of graffiti.....it is much the same thing.....

....SO, whether YOU do it (and no one is accusatory here) or it is done to you.....TROLLING is TROLLING...

Done. Period.

You know Proubird, realizing you have been lied to in the past by your owns, is very painfull.

I am a serious person, 9/11 heart in many ways.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I have come to the conclusion that reasoning with delusional people is useless. They will not listen no matter how many facts you throw at them. They are too stuck in the "life is a conspiracy" mindset.

They are either borderline retarded, ignorant, or refuse to be humble enough to recant their silly statements when proven wrong. It's always one of those three, but in every case you can be sure that none of them are able to think for themselves or research anything they read independently.

In all honesty, it must be a sad life to live where they think everything is a lie and humans are incapable of progress.
edit on 3-16-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Here's the thing:

I have come to the conclusion that reasoning with delusional people is useless.

In these venues (on the Internet) the problem is, not "ALL" of the 'people' you interact with, online, are "delusional"...some are just acting "delusional"....for some twisted reason, they think they are "clever" and "funny"...when they are in fact, merely the lowest of scum....."trolls".

Period.

End.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
After reading all twelve pages in this thread I have an idea. What we need is a multi-million dollar mission the the landing sites so the hoax believers can say " great, there are starving people in this country and NASA is spending all of this money to show us a flag that was clearly planted by a rover". They just won't ever be convinced.
edit on 16-3-2012 by JMech because: forgot people

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2012 by JMech because: double

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Yes.

...but certainly no lift off rocket went to the moon.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lift off rocket". Do you mean the first stage of the Saturn V? If so, then you'd be correct. The first stage of the Saturn V (S-IC) is discarded at 168 seconds after lift off at an altitude of about 67 kilometers. So it doesn't even make it into orbit.

What I was just trying to say to another poster is, that the whole rocket doesn't go to the moon. Maybe if I had said just that there would be no problem.
I tried to make it a quick reply. I have seen a few launches but some new folks may not have.
Alot of these guys on here probably know the serial numbers of each of those stages.
I don't get that retentive.
Thanks for putting some detail to the subject.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Here's the thing:

I have come to the conclusion that reasoning with delusional people is useless.

In these venues (on the Internet) the problem is, not "ALL" of the 'people' you interact with, online, are "delusional"...some are just acting "delusional"....for some twisted reason, they think they are "clever" and "funny"...when they are in fact, merely the lowest of scum....."trolls".

Period.

End.

It's not the end !

Cheer up.Proudbird...realize that much you've been told isn't true....that's a start.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join