It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines told to disarm before Panetta speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Toby Keith seemed okay with weapons.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I believe that a man whose followers are a danger to him is one who should not be followed. What does it say that these men are afraid of their own creations? Obviously a soldier should never kill their leader, but for that leader to be so fear struck as to take measures to prevent such things from happening, it shows that they're doing something that they shouldn't, and that they know it, and that they even know that their men know about it.

I don't endorse a man killing his superior for any reason, but I would suggest that the people look to those that fear death by their own minions, and try to figure out what it is that they are very obviously doing that puts them in the cross-hairs of their own soldiers' guns.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I just started a thread on this but saw that you beat me to it OP!

I find it disgusting and very telling of our civilian leaders, when they can't trust the troops.

This is asinine IMO - I always made some excuse to skip out on these canine equestrian events and I can assure you unless ordered I'd not be in the same room with the Obama. I even tore up the thanks for coming certificate and letter I got when I retired because his signature was on them. I wouldn't put that crap on my wall...

Anyway, I digress - if you make policy that puts troops in harm’s way and then take away their ability to protect themselves you are a piece of # leader IMO.

If they came to my compound in Afghanistan (I was the Commander of a small SF compound) and wanted my guys to disarm I'd have resigned on the spot. Then again in my compound I didn't disarm any of our Afghani partners either - not a great way to gain trust. I even had some known doubles in the compound but they were cowards mostly so I didn't fear a shootout; but I did keep my weapons handy and a team member on their tail at all times... Stupid call to disarm your allies in your compound - no one should be locked and loaded anyway in a briefing. That would have been enough, kind of obvious to lock and load after an NCO inspects the weapon.

Also, for the OP - this "order" while it may have been relayed by some Marine SGM it was certainly not his idea. It's sad that the leaders passed this off on some senior NCO to avoid their accountability.

If anyone gave the order it was the SecDef through his own Chief of PSD then told the on the ground Commander. It's the PSD Leader's job to make the decisions that affect the security of his principal. I will give him the benefit of a doubt -maybe they have some Intel we are all not privy to.

Good enough to carry a weapon for them but not around them is asinine.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin
I believe that a man whose followers are a danger to him is one who should not be followed. What does it say that these men are afraid of their own creations? Obviously a soldier should never kill their leader, but for that leader to be so fear struck as to take measures to prevent such things from happening, it shows that they're doing something that they shouldn't, and that they know it, and that they even know that their men know about it.

I don't endorse a man killing his superior for any reason, but I would suggest that the people look to those that fear death by their own minions, and try to figure out what it is that they are very obviously doing that puts them in the cross-hairs of their own soldiers' guns.

why do they have to be minions? lol.

Panetta has nothing to fear...its his staff and advisers that are doing this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I've been to a couple of retirement parties and you would NOT believe what they've done to those letters (With all due respect, of course).

I've been to enough meet and greets to know that they want to be there just as much as you or I want them there.

But to have Panetta do this, I'd feel insulted.

ETA: I DO feel insulted!

edit on 14-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well people is time you get use to see and feel what a dictatorship really look like, and is not from another country this coming from our own government, still Panetta is going to go into politics and the military as the most hated man as he is all for taking away retirees and active duty benefits and now even death penalty for soldiers.

I say he should be hang from the highest fig tree in Afghanistan by the cojones.

edit on 14-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well people is time you get use to see and feel what a dictatorship really look like, and is not from another country this coming from our own government, still Panetta is going to go into politics and the military as the most hated man as he is all for taking away retirees and active duty benefits and now even death penalty for soldiers.

I say he should be hang from the highest fig tree in Afghanistan by the cojones.

if it were a dictatorship...why would he have to worry about one of his fighting men shooting at him? what kind of dictatorship are you familiar with?

you are obviously someone who doesn't have any idea what it means to be completely dominated over.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

If this be the case then I guess quite a number of USMarines now know the truth about tyranny.
This is not a bad thing for the US, truth can be a powerful weapon.
As the war machine cntinues to churn out hundreds and thousands of Veterans back into society, it seems some become disenfranchised.
Just sit back and soak that last part in.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

If this be the case then I guess quite a number of USMarines now know the truth about tyranny.
This is not a bad thing for the US, truth can be a powerful weapon.
As the war machine cntinues to churn out hundreds and thousands of Veterans back into society, it seems some become disenfranchised.
Just sit back and soak that last part in.

Truth is VERY specific...is doesn't suffer spelling or grammatical errors. Truth requires EXACTNESS in the extreme. For any of us to pretend to know or be able to communicate the truth is delusion.

some become disenfranchised? maybe...but trust in the people that created them will guide them through the confusion. and they will remember who they are and what they wore the flag into combat for.

and when they all remember that...the SOD will give speeches in far off lands without concern of his own fighters fighters firing on him.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

In fairness, Panetta did not bring the death penalty to UCMJ - Regan did in 1984. However, no one has been executed under it since 1961.

With regard to the retirement pay and health care; as a retiree I hope they don't mess with it for me.

If they want to change it change it for new Soldier's (but be ready with the draft cause few will come for crappy benefits) at least that wold be fair. Not for those with whom they already have an agreement.

I want nothing from the people, no thanks for your service, well done, etc..

I just want my retirement benefits delivered on the date and in the manner and amount agreed - like I did what I was expected to do when and how for 24 years. Anything less is breach of contract IMO.

They want a revolution - try pissing off a bunch of trained and experienced warriors then giving them nothing much to lose buy reducing their benefits.

Everyone has a personal threshold for rebellion - that is mine.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Really!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you sould read more into the history of our nation and see how far we have gone when it comes to what was once a great nation.

Now thanks to the whores we call American politicians our nation is nothing but a shell of what used to be.

When government fear its own citizens specially those that follow their orders a nation is not longer stable, the reason for that is due to corruption, political whoring and the pursue of private agendas over those of the citizens.

Wake up mijo you need to get a walk on Americas history line.

I had several members in my family from world war 2 to Vietnam that has died for this nation. I can talk anything I want, as was also marry into the military, now my husband is retire.

I was not born yesterday dear.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I hope that no soldier will be penalized with death penalty either, I am very much angry with the big political mouths since the Afghanistan incident double standards.

Still My husband is a retired Marine also a veteran of the first gulf war.

We are very much in the middle of what is been going on with all the defense budget manipulation, because the defense budget biggest payoff is to private interest invested in the wars, the military part doesn't even come close, pay the profiteers first and cut the military second.

The stench coming from Washington is just too much to handle this days by the American people that doesn't understand who is actually pulling the strings within our corrupted government.

Panetta is a buffoon and a moron.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Really!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps you sould read more into the history of our nation and see how far we have gone when it comes to what was once a great nation.

Now thanks to the whores we call American politicians our nation is nothing but a shell of what used to be.

When government fear its own citizens specially those that follow their orders a nation is not longer stable, the reason for that is due to corruption, political whoring and the pursue of private agendas over those of the citizens.

Wake up mijo you need to get a walk on Americas history line.

I had several members in my family from world war 2 to Vietnam that has died for this nation. I can talk anything I want, as was also marry into the military, now my husband is retire.

I was not born yesterday dear.

i don't have to reread the American history...me and mine were here long before anything called the USA ever existed.

Whores...they exist and don't work just at night, but around the clock...i am aware of this, but the shell isn't a concern, only the core of the system and the source. you go back to ww2...i go back to before what is known as the french and indian war... and the current situation either ends favorably or i'm dead.

when the SOD gives speeches without having to disarm his men...i'll feel better.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Darn I have to take a big breath, here, sorry, this issue when it comes to the military got me all over the place, that is why I avoid this topics lately when it was a time here in ATS that I was all over it, now I just stay mostly on the market data thread.

My blood pressure gets to high.
I guess I will be follow Soficrow threads now and stay away from this one.

I didn't mean to sound so bitter.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
do you other posters realize that SOMETHING so disturbing attacked the USA that the native Indian tribes were awaken from their sleep?

No living thing on this Earth has to ask permission to defend its own life...and in defense of our lives isn't it reasonable to expect that defense to be singular and coordinated?

what exactly is it that many of us should be concerned?

Jesus?
the Mahdi?

what do these things mean to us?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by MrSpad

Toby Keith seemed okay with weapons.

That is a US only event. You did not even bother to read the orginal article did you?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
seriously, can you imagine a situation so extreme that African Pygmies and those isolated Tribes from the South American rain forest woke up and battened down the hatches?

you people that want to take this situation as a joke and tow a policy position...won't survive.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
seriously, can you imagine a situation so extreme that African Pygmies and those isolated Tribes from the South American rain forest woke up and battened down the hatches?

you people that want to take this situation as a joke and tow a policy position...won't survive.

in all seriousness...can you imagine that an event so extreme has occurred that even the creatures of the forest have decided to fight against it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Personally I think this isn't about trusting the 'troops' it was mostly about realizing half of them are going bonkers or are simply holding onto sanity by a thread, and that my dear is not a chance to take when you know how tired and how irked and how 'inhuman' these people have become over the past years of wars and paranoia of constant threat.

He was thinking sane.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join