It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling and A Heartbreaking Tragedy.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ameliaair

Im confused. What enclave? What race was the shooter?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Ignore him, he's trying to troll that "teh joos did it", without coming right out and saying it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Ignore him, he's trying to troll that "teh joos did it", without coming right out and saying it.

If anyone is trolling its the media . You want to blame whites and hispanics for something a white nor hispanic did but ignore the obvious.

Nice way to be part of the problem

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
what a shame RIP

taste the rainbow!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair

He is neither latino nor white

Whites and latinos do not want to claim him as part of their race. Judging by Zimmerman's mug I'd say he looks white. He maybe claiming he's latino now to avoid the white on black racism claims. To me he is a low life scum bag.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

IMO, he had to pull the gun out to shoot him in the chest.

And my opinion is that when you've pulled a gun, you intend to fire it. Whether you pull the trigger or not, there is no more "accidental" discharge. The only time there's an accident is when it's purely mechanical and not touching anyone.

The man deserves first degree murder, not man slaughter. He made a plan, he followed the kid, and he shot him.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Whites and latinos do not want to claim him as part of their race. Judging by Zimmerman's mug I'd say he looks white. He maybe claiming he's latino now to avoid the white on black racism claims. To me he is a low life scum bag.

oooohhhh ok

lolol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Looks latino to me.

Either way, it should not matter
what color he is. He was putting
his life on the line for the community..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Zimmerman looks like a white dude to me. "Putting his life on the line for the community"? please explain.

I am about a 1/4 native american, yet I'm considered white. Zimmerman is no more latino than i am native american.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Zimmerman looks like a white dude to me. "Putting his life on the line for the community"? please explain.

I am about a 1/4 native american, yet I'm considered white. Zimmerman is no more latino than i am native american.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

I'm sensing an agenda.Most people can see and are not buying the blame whitey game this time around

carry on
edit on 20-3-2012 by Ameliaair because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

"Putting his life on the line to defend his community"? please explain.

Does not matter what color he is really, although
reporting a white man shoots black kid is
the only way it is being reported, which is not true.

Albeit, this guy made a mistake, he was trying to help
his community from the recent break-ins, and robberies
happening in the neighborhood.. Should he get a metal?
Yes, IF this was a real murderer/robber he would of,
or if he would of saved someones life.

It was a terrible accident, AT WORST second degree manslaughter
and no more then 3 years in prison..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Wow. Have you heard the 911white tapes? The neighbors testimony that the boy was screaming for help nefore he was murdered?

You share the same attitude as the Sanford cops who investigated the incident. Zimmerman will get what he deserves.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

The thing you fail to understand with these laws is they have become popular and exist because there aren't adequate protections in place for those legitimately defending themselves. Granted this particular law is way too wide open for this kind of nonsense. As details of this come out, it has become increasingly clear that this was in fact racially motivated. And the "stand your ground" law shouldn't even apply. He had no business following this kid to begin with let alone the authority to confront him. But keep your focus where it belongs because outlawing acts of self defense is not the answer. Narrow the scope of this particular self defense law and get this guy behind bars where he belongs.

I'm not saying get rid of the entire self defense laws and whatnot, what I'm saying is that they need to get rid of the "stand your ground" law and/or put a new law in place for legitimate self defense cases. This law is way to wide open, and puts cases like this one in the gutters. People in Florida, with this law, can just go around killing anyone they want to when they get into any sort of altercation without repercussions. That's not right. That's not the way things should work.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What repulsive justification. Doesn't matter what "color" either of them were, a 17 year old boy is dead at the hands of an evil, paranoid prick who needs to be charged with first degree murder.

Dispatcher: “Are you following him?”
Zimmerman: “Yeah” Dispatcher:
“OK, we don’t need you to do that.”

According to neighbors, Zimmerman was “fixated on crime and focused on young, black males.”

Zimmerman was not a member of a registered Neighborhood Watch group. Zimmerman also violated basic Neighborhood Watch guidelines by carrying a weapon.

ThinkProgress

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Wow. Have you heard the 911white tapes? The neighbors testimony that the boy was screaming for help nefore he was murdered?

You share the same attitude as the Sanford cops who investigated the incident. Zimmerman will get what he deserves.

That is another lie you are being told by the MSM..

The person yelling on the tapes is zimmerman..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

IMO, he had to pull the gun out to shoot him in the chest.

And my opinion is that when you've pulled a gun, you intend to fire it. Whether you pull the trigger or not, there is no more "accidental" discharge. The only time there's an accident is when it's purely mechanical and not touching anyone.

The man deserves first degree murder, not man slaughter. He made a plan, he followed the kid, and he shot him.

I couldn't agree more. He had the intent to shoot him by drawing the weapon in the first place. According to some articles, there was an altercation that happened after he drew his weapon. It's rather obvious that Martin was scared for his life (which he should have been), so he tried to defend himself against the monster that is Zimmerman.

There are some cases of accidental discharge, though, without it being mechanical. I know someone personally who shot his brother in the foot while cleaning the gun. Accidental discharges do happen, however, this case was not one of them.

And you are absolutely right. He did make a plan. He followed the kid, he disobeyed the dispatcher, confronted Martin for absolutely nothing, and shot the poor, unarmed kid.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

That is another lie you are being told by the MSM..

The person yelling on the tapes is zimmerman..

And you know this how, exactly? Trayvon Martins mother has come out and identified her son, Trayvon, as the person screaming for help in the 9-11 tapes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

"Putting his life on the line to defend his community"? please explain.

Does not matter what color he is really, although
reporting a white man shoots black kid is
the only way it is being reported, which is not true.

Albeit, this guy made a mistake, he was trying to help
his community from the recent break-ins, and robberies
happening in the neighborhood.. Should he get a metal?
Yes, IF this was a real murderer/robber he would of,
or if he would of saved someones life.

It was a terrible accident, AT WORST second degree manslaughter
and no more then 3 years in prison..

How exactly was he trying to help by shooting a kid that had nothing on him but money, skittles, and ice tea? How is that a threat? The kid was walking home from the convenience store, not breaking into someones home. If he truly wanted to "help", he should have let the police do their job instead of taking matters into his own hands and shooting an unarmed 17 year old kid.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
who needs to be charged with first degree murder.

Please, that would take a pre-meditation,
this obviously was not pre-meditated
he called 9-11 for crying out loud.

A tragic mistake. Keep pushing that 1rst degree
murder crap and he will be charged with nothing..

NO WAY they over charge like that IF he is even charged..
Like i said, second degree manslaughter
AT BEST, and I think the guy did what he thought was right..
A mistake.
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's actually pretty easy to charge him with 1st degree. The 911 dispatch told him not to pursue but he kept going even though they told him police would be there in moments.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join