It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling and A Heartbreaking Tragedy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

More facts are coming out and it appears this 'watchman' made things up to justify the shooting. Had a black man shot a white kid given the same circumstances it would be 1st degree murder.

I am glad I do not know where Zimmerman lives because I would be tempted to take justice in my own hands. This never should have happened and apparently Zimmerman wanted to be a cop but couldn't for some reason. A wannabe cop can be as dangerous as a wannabe gangster.

I really hope the FBI gets involved(if they are not already) and charges Zimmerman with the appropriate crime as well as charges against the officers who decided to let Zimmerman walk free. Obvious racism is going on here and I am sure the cops who 'investigated' this are white. Zimmerman also has called the police something like 40 times over the past year or so to report suspicious activities.

www.floridatoday.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by jrod because: fix link

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Zimmerman isn't exactly a law abiding citizen. He was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest but those charges were expunged. IMO Zimmermman should not have been allowed to carry a gun.
loop21.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by jrod because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by Evolutionsend

More facts are coming out and it appears this 'watchman' made things up to justify the shooting. Had a black man shot a white kid given the same circumstances it would be 1st degree murder.

I am glad I do not know where Zimmerman lives because I would be tempted to take justice in my own hands. This never should have happened and apparently Zimmerman wanted to be a cop but couldn't for some reason. A wannabe cop can be as dangerous as a wannabe gangster.

I really hope the FBI gets involved(if they are not already) and charges Zimmerman with the appropriate crime as well as charges against the officers who decided to let Zimmerman walk free. Obvious racism is going on here and I am sure the cops who 'investigated' this are white. Zimmerman also has called the police something like 40 times over the past year or so to report suspicious activities.

www.floridatoday.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by jrod because: fix link

"obvious racism", well not really eh, although you do seem preoccupied with race (primarily it seems from a bad whitey standpoint, you may well be white yourself, though this is not unusual)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So, where is evidence of racial profiling or racially motivated attack? I dont see any.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

You are really hung up on this racist bit aren't you? Yes, there are racists in this world who will kill people over skin color. The shooter is clearly heard calling the victim a "coon". It's pretty obvious what he is-A racist. I'm not sure why that reality bothers you so much.
edit on 20-3-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
So, where is evidence of racial profiling or racially motivated attack? I dont see any.

The biggest thing for me is when he says

Zimmerman is heard complaining to the dispatcher, "These a--holes always get away."

Again, "These a--holes always get away." That to me is definitely racial profiling.
Not to mention the fact that Trayvon was completely unarmed except for having a bag of skittles and a can of ice tea yet he's dead.
edit on 20/3/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Believer101

To play devil's advocate:

What happens when a white person walks through an all black area? There's a good chance they may get killed if any black person thinks they can get away with it. I'm sure being as a white person shot a black person this news will be viral in a few days and white people will again be judged collectively by the actions of one. KILL WHITEY!

I'm sure that's what Zimmerman was thinking.... Scary idiots, y dont you go walk in a suburban black neighborhood, (not a hood) and see what happens instead of assuming things on your lil computer. I doubt you'll get shot. Idiot

Hey now, there's no reason for name calling in this thread. Others are allowed to have different opinions on different issues.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by birthcannon
i dont believe it was racially motivated. no evidence whatsoever. someone saw a black victim and assumed. that is it. you wanna see profiling? go to world star hiphop and watch all the videos about whitey getting jumped. face facts if it was a white kid that got shot people would not say a word about racial profiling.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

If Zimmerman didn't target Martin because he was black in a predominately white neighborhood, why is Trayvon Martin dead? Why is an unarmed 17 year old kid dead? Why did Zimmerman say, and I quote,

Zimmerman is heard complaining to the dispatcher, "These a--holes always get away."
? A previous poster said in the 9-11 tapes, you can hear Zimmerman use the racial term "coon". If this attack wasn't racially motivated, why did he say that? What motivated Zimmerman to kill Trayvon Martin?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Zimmerman isn't exactly a law abiding citizen. He was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest but those charges were expunged. IMO Zimmermman should not have been allowed to carry a gun.
loop21.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by jrod because: Typo

Hmm, I was wondering why the image they had of Zimmerman looked like a police photo.. As the pieces of this come together slowly, things are coming to light. It seems to me Zimmerman had a lot of issues and should never have been allowed "neighborhood watch captain". Especially with your previous article on how he's called the police for utterly ridiculous reasons.
I agree with you, this man should never have been allowed to carry a gun.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It seems the reason that Zimmerman has not been charged is because of Florida aggressive "Stand your ground" law in which, if you feel threatened, you have the right to use deadly force.

The catch though - to any SANE person - is that if Zimmerman felt threatened IT'S ON HIM! He was the first aggressor and the poor kid was just trying to defend himself.

reply to post by jrod

Yeah, the 911 tapes and eyewitnesses totally support the families claims and refute ZImmerman's story. I think the Sanford Police department needs a total overhaul.
edit on 20-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
What happens when a white person walks through an all black area? There's a good chance they may get killed if any black person thinks they can get away with it.

That is unquestionably an entirely racist assumption.

Wow.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
A white hispanic guy named George Zimmerman? Private police in a gated community? Only one group in this country have their own private police force in their private communities and they are neither hispanic nor white.

There is more of a cover up than what is being told here.

yes, I peeped that. Not only that - if you read closely they state that George Zimmerman is a "Spanish SPEAKER" - its a clever liitle trick of linguistics.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

this is what I don't get about people on here.

People are talking about reptilians, silver supply, WWIII, Aliens, Summerians, Pyramids and Global Voter fraud on any giving day and yet when a unarmed black child is gunned down after being CHASED in America (who has a small history of racism) and his shooter is still walking around "ho hum pass the butter" ;

You need "proof" that the shooting. and more importantly the LACK OF ARREST (because that is what the outrage is about , the petition says "arrest George Zimmerman") was racially motivated..

are you f****ing serious???

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am just getting to this thread.

George Zimmerman is nothing but a cold blooded, murderous, racist piece of ka-ka. It outrages me how he callously went about and executed this innocent child in cold blood.

He clearly mentioned "f****** c***" around the 2:20 mark of the video...in addition to earlier biased statements.

I am surprised that more ATS folks are not sounding off on this reprehensible and despicable act by George Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ahhh New significant evidence has surfaced:

Apparently , Like any child his age, he was talking on the phone to some young woman while the assualt was happening and before he was shot - phone records proove this:

www.nydailynews.com... 7445

"After a few minutes, the girl said, Martin thought he was safe. But eventually the man appeared again.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for?'" the girl said. "And the man said, 'What are you doing here?' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the [phone’s\] headset just fell."

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Then that cinches it. He can't be both talking on the phone to his friend AND be attacking Zimmerman.

This dude is toast.

ETA: Damn I HATE Florida! Nothing good comes out of there.

edit on 20-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yep, this happened in my hometown, im embarrassed

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Yeah, this murderous bastard hunted Treyvon down and executed him.

Simple as that.

There is a Facebook petition to help bring this thug to justice. I believe there are over 300,000 signatures so far. As soon as I get hold of the link I will post it.

SMH

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

You can't post links to petitions of any sort on ATS. One has already been removed in this thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you want to sign the petition just google it.

I missed the part where they labeled Zimmerman a Latino, it doesn't change anything. My understanding is the vast majority of Zimmerman's previous 911 calls were because of a 'suspicious' black male walking through the neighborhood. Race was an issue here.

Also the FBI has gotten involved which is 'good' news(nothing is good news about this story) and I expect justice to be served.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join