It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter is the devil (not really)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Rowling thinly disguised, if disguised at all, use of the Gringotts Goblins as greedy, self-centered and obnoxiously ugly caricatures for Jews certainly did not help her Christian agenda, imo.

actually i think that connection originated in your head, or was planted there by something you read online. i didn't even think of that.

goblins in harry potter aren't human and don't remind me of jews in any way. maybe if you cling to the stereotype that a majority of jews are greedy bankers you would come up with that allegory, but i sure didn't, and no one i know who i've discussed the books with has either.

for your information, i'm part jewish. not sure how much as my grandma didn't pay attention to her mother's teachings, and my grandma passed away more than 10 years ago. not much chance of finding out more without a genetic test.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Rowling thinly disguised, if disguised at all, use of the Gringotts Goblins as greedy, self-centered and obnoxiously ugly caricatures for Jews certainly did not help her Christian agenda, imo.

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
actually i think that connection originated in your head, or was planted there by something you read online. i didn't even think of that.

You're kidding, you made no connection? Thousands of under 18yos have on every major HP discussion forum that exists certainly have going back to the late 90's.

For me, it was immediate upon seeing the book's illustrations.

goblins in harry potter aren't human and don't remind me of jews in any way. maybe if you cling to the stereotype that a majority of jews are greedy bankers you would come up with that allegory, but i sure didn't, and no one i know who i've discussed the books with has either.

Harry Potter is not real so how could he represent Christian themes? See how that works and why your argument is specious at best?

or your information, i'm part jewish. not sure how much as my grandma didn't pay attention to her mother's teachings, and my grandma passed away more than 10 years ago. not much chance of finding out more without a genetic test.

If you take offense, email Jo Rowling, it's her books.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

I think that has more to do with the Gnomes of Zürich
en.wikipedia.org...

These Folks Would Disagree

As Does This Jewish Blogger

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You're kidding, you made no connection? Thousands of under 18yos have on every major HP discussion forum that exists certainly have going back to the late 90's.

nope. i never made that connection, and you're the first person i've ever seen bring that up.

For me, it was immediate upon seeing the book's illustrations.

as i said, probably just in your head. no disrespect, but i've never heard that, nor considered that a possibility.

Harry Potter is not real so how could he represent Christian themes? See how that works and why your argument is specious at best?

do you understand what an allegory is? jesus used fictional parables all the time to teach people, and parables are the precursor to our modern fiction.

If you take offense, email Jo Rowling, it's her books.

there is no offense to take. goblins aren't analogous to jews. i would consider someone who thought they were as misinformed at best, racist at worst.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

the first link is almost verbatim what you said previously without posting a source. more reason to think you read it, and have since taken it to heart.

you said this as "your own opinion":

and "draco malfoy" from the link you just posted said:

JK Rowling( author ofHarry Potter books) created a very thinly veiled caricature of Jews using the Gringotts banking goblins. Oversized noses, money handlers, undersized stature, ugly, controlling and generally despicable.

so it wasn't your opinion, you read it somewhere. as i said, i'm jewish, and i don't find it offensive at all, nor did it ever occur to me that her depiction of goblins was taking a swipe at jews.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Without the Victor Dix Letters you are working in the darke.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

from the transcript :

the devil goes after the young , those who cannot fend for themselves , thats why we...

and what is " jusus camp " doing exactly ?????????????????

that folks is the great hypocrisy -

i particularly savour a liter snippet :

you will serve the lord

and there goes free will

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

do you understand what an allegory is? jesus used fictional parables all the time to teach people, and parables are the precursor to our modern fiction.

I would not be interested in debating the contrived "Jesus is real" mythology.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

True with the inherent problem being that this leaves 99+% of the Potterverse on the outside looking in. U2U in progress.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the first link is almost verbatim what you said previously without posting a source. more reason to think you read it, and have since taken it to heart.

you said this as "your own opinion":

and "draco malfoy" from the link you just posted said:

JK Rowling( author ofHarry Potter books) created a very thinly veiled caricature of Jews using the Gringotts banking goblins. Oversized noses, money handlers, undersized stature, ugly, controlling and generally despicable.

so it wasn't your opinion, you read it somewhere. as i said, i'm jewish, and i don't find it offensive at all, nor did it ever occur to me that her depiction of goblins was taking a swipe at jews.

My opinions are shared by many. many people have quoted my opinions. I have quoted the opinions of others. Who doesn't?

Who among us is inherently original?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Live and learn.

There are two sides to this rather blatant caricature by Rowling, those who see it, those who don't. The issue is subjective much like "is that a nose on your face". Not very imo.

Nonetheless, without being able to produce the Victor Dix letters (yet), which fully support Ms. Rowling's Jew-Gringotts' caricatures, the point is moot, again, due to its (relatively thin line of) subjectivity.

For those who either are familiar with Dix or are of the eye to see the Jew-Gringott's relationships, then the issue is only one of the depth of the relationship as it reflects Ms.Rowling's personal (Christian) philosophies. That is to say, for instance, did she go as physically ugly as she could...or not? And what influence did Warner have in the decisions for makeup, dress and overall physical appearance. Dix speaks to this directly.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Who is this Victor Dix character, and why is what he says so important? What makes him the expert?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

True with the inherent problem being that this leaves 99+% of the Potterverse on the outside looking in. U2U in progress.

I can't UtoU
, send an email address and I will also send you his alchemical symbology treatise.

OK, the alchemical symbology treatise I have, in parts, I think. Maybe not, I will have to look and will reply.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Who is this Victor Dix character, and why is what he says so important? What makes him the expert?

If Jo Ann Rowling had a shadow it would be dix.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Short version, long version would take pages.

Dix is (was? he has not been seen for months) NOC for Army and central intel, was hired sometime in late 90s, early 2000 to oversee the security of the WB/HP operations, this evolved into the personal security of people, manuscripts, and similar corporate "assets". His job function changed dramatically when J, K. Rowling's emotional and mental stability came into question around the time of Books 3 and 4. this is when time demands became essential, books lengthened dramatically and coordination with WB's strategies became essential.

He first came to Internet HP discussion groups anonymously (Mugglenet, Leaky Cauldron) and later to Usenet under his own name (alt.fan.harry-potter). His "theories", insider factual reports and literary works were copied by many including John Granger The Hogwarts Professor, Travis Prinzi of Hogshead Org and Hans Andrea of Harry Potter for Seekers among others (literary alchemical symbology, Christian themes, Rowling's agendas, etc etc etc).

Victor led a group of unknown count, probably 25-50 who he corresponded via encrypted mail (Countermail) and published his thoughts and reports via Jottit. that has now disappeared. Without that resource, it is difficult to remember what was passed in private email and what was for limited public consumption. Which leaves me with this wholly unsatisfactory short version.

What I can say is that he was really P.Offed at Warner, Rowling and the treatment of the child actors, the former with their collusion, the latter with their control.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Dix...His "theories", insider factual reports and literary works were copied by many including John Granger The Hogwarts Professor, Travis Prinzi of Hogshead Org and Hans Andrea of Harry Potter for Seekers among others (literary alchemical symbology, Christian themes, Rowling's agendas, etc etc etc).

Dix called out that right wing Xstian fraud Granger and exposed the Rowling-WB-Xstian faction-Beausignors scam. For what is was, a scam to press her ideas.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I would not be interested in debating the contrived "Jesus is real" mythology.

even if you don't believe jesus was real, you still obviously don't understand what an allegory is.

My opinions are shared by many. many people have quoted my opinions. I have quoted the opinions of others. Who doesn't?

trouble is you said it was your opinion and didn't quote it or add a link, that's plagiarism. you didn't even bother putting it in your own words, which makes me doubt you came up with this concept on your own.

There are two sides to this rather blatant caricature by Rowling, those who see it, those who don't.

it isn't blatant at all. another user provided a much more plausible explanation with history to back it. if you see rowling's depiction of goblins as a stereotype of jews, it suggests that you're racist. only a judgemental, bigoted person would so quickly pick out such an analogy.

Nonetheless, without being able to produce the Victor Dix letters (yet)

again, more evidence that this wasn't your original thought, but for some biased reason you accept it as true to support your beliefs.

all of your evidence (which i haven't been able to review since it hasn't been presented) is from a WB employee and we only have his opinions on the matter itself. employees become disgruntled all the time.

the symbolism you reference sounds like something out of a dan brown book like "the da vinci code". i bet i could come up with any number of "symbols" in any book that "support" any position.

ETA: i was listening to a song on youtube called "mad world" by gary jules, and guess what?! in the URL bar it says "watch?v=UMHTjkCJews" seriously. it does. youtube must be spreading a subconscious message of hate.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Dix...His "theories", insider factual reports and literary works were copied by many including John Granger The Hogwarts Professor, Travis Prinzi of Hogshead Org and Hans Andrea of Harry Potter for Seekers among others (literary alchemical symbology, Christian themes, Rowling's agendas, etc etc etc).

Dix called out that right wing Xstian fraud Granger and exposed the Rowling-WB-Xstian faction-Beausignors scam. For what is was, a scam to press her ideas.

It was that and it took an excellent piece of detective work to expose. Kudos Victor, wherever you are.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Did he post credentials? With the level of trolling, cointelpro, and people straight making stuff up, it's hard to know who to trust anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join