It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in a Photo on the Desk of NASA Ames Research Center!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by The Shrike

Did you get a response?
There's not much to say until you do.

All I was trying to say was that everyone is replying to the other poster who merely said he contacted NASA and the reply he got was nothing to write home about but his efforts are being admired. I went to the horse's mouth! Yet not one reply to my effort.

I didnt see it. There are many pages now, it is easy to overlook a post.

Did you get a response yet?

I do applaud you for contacting him!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RPeternell

hjahahah you peeps are so intense xD gotta love the truth diggers on ats

~ Love is an art

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Did you get a response?
There's not much to say until you do.

All I was trying to say was that everyone is replying to the other poster who merely said he contacted NASA and the reply he got was nothing to write home about but his efforts are being admired. I went to the horse's mouth! Yet not one reply to my effort.

I didnt see it. There are many pages now, it is easy to overlook a post.

Did you get a response yet?

I do applaud you for contacting him!!!

I forgot to add "boo hoo"!

No, I haven't heard from Anthony. He may have received and read my email and he may have ignored it. Patience is a virtue which I have to rely upon.

I gotta tell you, though, that if the side by side photos are real and not Photoshopped we have ourselves a neat mystery.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What you were all waiting for, the official reply from the "horse's mouth"! Way to go Shrike!

Here is Anthony Colaprete (whose arm is resting on the photo in question) reply to my email. Plus he included 2 attachments that are going to blow some minds and will make future lunar anomalies/structures claims fall by the wayside or at least require strict, irrefutable evidence.

First, though, I'm adding my email to Anthony which I already posted here but linking my email and Anthony's reply lead to a fluid reading. So here's my email:

Hi Anthony: A photo showing you at the NASA Ames Research Center has set off fireworks at the Aliens and UFOs forum at Above Top Secret (ATS). A thread titled "Alien Moon Base in a Photo on the Desk of NASA Ames Research Center!" (www.abovetopsecret.com...)has grown to 4 pages, and growing, and they are all speculating because no one has offered a prosaic explanation, yet. And that's why I'm writing to you, so that you can settle the question if you so desire.

The thread activity is centered on the photo that your left arm is resting on. A sharp-eyed member of ATS or, perhaps, Richard Hoagland, has zoomed in on the photo where a rectangular or square area is visible. Of course, members of the above forum smell a lunar alien base. Others have posited that a secret photo, such as this one would be considered if it, indeed, showed a lunar alien structure then it wouldn't be featured on a photo shoot.

The area/craters have been identified so we can skip the whereabouts, and the same area has been found on other photos except the area showing the rectangle/square is in shadow in the other photos so we can't see what is in the shadow.

We will appreciate it if you could provide an answer to this "mystery". You can reply to me and I will post your answer on the thread with or without your name. I include the photos of you at Ames and a closeup of the alleged anomaly shown in the photo that your arm rests on and as an attachments. I have magnified the section of the photo in question 400%.

BTW, a couple of members have shown admiration for your wristwatch so if you could include its brand also, it will make them happy and there might be a run on sales! :-)

To: me
Date: 3/16/2012 12:23:11 AM
Subject: RE: Please solve a mystery

Hi Edward,

Sorry for the slow reply, I have been in a workshop the last couple days and am way behind on email.

First off, the image isn’t staged! It was taken during the final descent of the Centaur stage to the moon. Kim and I (and another person behind us) are in the Science Operations Center (SOC) for LCROSS. What Kim and I are looking at are displays of our instrument data (cameras, spectrometers, etc….several of the camera feeds we streamed real-time to the web during the mission). The image of interest is a simulation of the moon’s surface generated from a digital elevation model and illumination models. It was made prior to the impact of the Centaur with the same lighting conditions as those at the day/time of impact. We knew where we wanted to impact (based on our expectation of the most likely location of hydrogen/water), but there was some uncertainty as to exactly where we would actually impact. We had a number of observatories on the ground (for example in Hawaii) trying to look for the impact plume (most didn’t see it, but some did) and we wanted to be able to tell the observatories if they needed to adjust their pointing based on the actual impact location. To do this we placed a grid on the image and provided the same grid to the observatories (in the perspective they would see it from on the ground). At the time of impact flash or plume detection in our cameras I was to identify the grid point and call it out to the person behind me (the person behind me was in direct communication with all the ground observatories, coordinating that part of the observation)…sort of like calling out a letter/number in bingo. The image with grid and the one corresponding to the view as seen from Hawaii on that night is attached to this email.

So, no it is not a base, but rather just a reference grid, and that watch has since broken, so I wouldn’t recommend it. I hope this helps.

Tony

edit on 16-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

edit on 16-3-2012 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Classic! That's exactly what it is! Love the effort shrike, outstanding.

Case closed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

kewl
So it really WAS there in the photograph and NOT over pixelation like Phage tried to tell us

Yup putting them side by side with NASA's version and my copy... looks like the ANOMALY was INDEED an artifact on the image...

That meand Exuberant1, who spotted it and Arken deserve an APOLOGY from all those people who said THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Not a Moon Base but most certainly a real image artifact. I give you a star for the email

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

kewl
So it really WAS there in the photograph and NOT over pixelation like Phage tried to tell us

Excuse me?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Excuse me?

No.
Just a case of overzooming.
Overzooming an image is never a good idea.
Here's what a straight pixel resize shows, a lot of jpg artifacting.

Over zoom those artifacts with a typical zooming algorithm and you end up with garbage.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Way to go Shrike!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

kewl

Yup putting them side by side with NASA's version and my copy... looks like the ANOMALY was INDEED an artifact on the image...

Well how about that, it really was on the image.

Great work Shrike. You were definitely on the ball this time. I wish everyone was as diligent as you are.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thanks Shrike.!!

for the Info and Contact the guy who arm is on the Photo

a Grid location for Grounded Observatory makes sense..

same as Block Grid's use in by German U-boat Commanders for Location

( Video ) MPG Format

Palomar observatory was watching the Event and from the Precise Location from the Grid ...
www.astro.caltech.edu...

Still Could be a Place for a Base !! a Perfect Place as Planned ?

well Some Official Site's have Said a Lunar Resource Base may be Put there
For Helium 3

I guess Amateur to Pros Astrologers Keep an Eye on the Location Why !!

Buzz Aldrin Dreams of Mars

Oct, 19 2010
buzzaldrin.com...

Aldrin endorses the formation of an International Lunar Development Corporation to begin commercial enterprises on the moon. And a broad collation of governments — Russia, China, India, the U.S., and others — should form this quasigovernmental organization, which would help private enterprises capitalize on the lunar resources. Together, these nations can build that lunar gas station.

There are real commercial activities that private enterprises could develop on the moon as well: Helium 3 can be mined, and heavy metal meteorites could be a source of rare earth metals. And the presence of water ice would make great rocket fuel — and rocket fuel is gets us to Mars. Aldrin thinks that base could form part of a transportation infrastructure that would enable us to get to near Earth objects such as asteroids, Martian moon Phobos, even Mars itself and beyond.

Well read the Article ATS it get 's more Interesting .....

Who What & How can we Put a Base on the Moon

It get's Better and Better

Starbooster
A family of reusable, flyback rocket boosters
.Changing the way rockets are designed would pave the way to transporting more people into space. It could lead to a next generation type of space shuttle carrying up to 100 people..

Buzz Aldrin – Founder, Starcraft Boosters, Inc.

Link : Starbooster
buzzaldrin.com...

Stranger the Fiction ....

edit on 16-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

kewl

It did not say it was "over pixelation". I said I thought it was a marking on the image.
Posted before my comment on artifacting (in the link in my previous post):

It seems to be a marking on a hard copy which indicates the exact location of the impact. A visual aid for the scientists examining data from the LCROSS impacts a few days afterwards.
www.archive.org...
blogs.airspacemag.com...
www.youtube.com...

My comment about artifacting was in response to this post:

Wow, that's an awesome mark!! It totally looks like it's INSIDE the crater. I could swear it's a huge building in the Cabeus. It's so realistic that the shadows of the mark perfectly melt with the shadows of the crater, but naaah... I must be suffering another outbreak of Pareidolia.
That is the artifacting I was talking about. The "shadows of the mark".
I did not say the marking itself was an artifact.
edit on 3/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, and since a picture is still better than a thousand words, I'll post again the comparison I've made p2 of this thread:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Plus he included 2 attachments that are going to blow some minds and will make future lunar anomalies/structures claims fall by the wayside or at least require strict, irrefutable evidence.

No, someone is probably using them in a new YouTube video as we speak.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm sorry, how do we know this has anything to do with aliens or for that matter an alien base? For all we know this could be an image of the surface of the moon with diagrams added on top to show things of interest. It would be great if we could see what is written on the side of the photo because that would undoubtedly tell us what the picture is or include some kind of reference to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Attaboy, Shrike. Thanks for asking and then for sharing.

This should be a model for other anomaly investigations.

Also, let's do what we can to encourage NASA workers to be similarly cooperative in the future.

How about suspending, for one month, use of

Never
A
Straight
Answer

???

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well done, Shrike.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Arken

Now, even though we know that this picture shows nothing and this is just another example of ignorance......I will say this.....the things some folks keep on their desks are crazy!

I once did a job working on a weapons system. It was classified and before I could enter the room I had to wait while they covered up the majority of it with blankets except for the exposed part I was there to work on. When I was done we were all "kicking back" in their engineering office shooting g the breeze. One guy had a cool framed pic and a model something really cool on his desk. I asked him what it was and they all started laughing. Told me it was what I just got done working on! I laughed and said something along the lines of "hell, doesn't seem the best way to hide something, why bother with the blankets and such if you knew I would see it on your desk "

What he told me is pretty funny. It's all about provisions in their contract. They have to conform to ton of security procedures in order to get a contract. For the most part it is just beurocracy. They get inspected all the time and just go through the motions all the time in order to make them a habit.

Funny thing was, the thing I was working on was a component of another part, they could have left it uncovered and I wouldn't have known what they were using for (it was just a motorized mount, literally nothing special or even cool).

But yeah, it's amazing what these people keep on their desks. I know one dude that uses a detonator as a paperweight and another that has a real hellfire missile hanging on his wall (I assume without the explosives, lol). So you never know, you very well might see pics of people in offices that have stuff on their desks we might be interested in.

OP, you and I butt heads all the time, and even I think you know that there wasn't anything in this picture, but your heads in the right place, star and flag ol chap!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That is the kind of drive and effort and search for truth that deserves lots of kudos!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Before the thread disappears below the horizon, let me reactive it just to say that it was fun.
I thanked Anthony.

Let's do it again!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join