It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Looking at the artifacts I would say they are almost certainly fakes. The patina in all of them is virtually the same which if they were authentic would be impossible. Mayans, like all ancient civilisations used natural plant, vegetable and mineral paints and their "art" regardless of what it depicted it was usually brightly painted. As the dyes were natural no two shades were exactly the same and after all this time there would be a huge variation in the patina and colour of the remaining paint of the figures and stones. Even if there were buried in the same place there is still variation in the soil acidity which would make some of the artifacts more faded and worn than others. These look like they have been dipped in tea and roughed up a bit at the edges.

Have any tests that can be authenticated been carried out to see if there are traces of modern tool use on them ?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I believe these are modern day forgeries. The Mayans could not have known that there were planets with ring systems...and even if 'galactic' visitors came down from the deep depths of the Cosmos just to tell them that Saturn had rings, they also would probably have taught them how to draw better.

edit on 3/13/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

Really? You know this for a fact? If the Mayans could not have known about Saturn, how did the Dogon Tribe in Africa know about the dog star Sirius B (a binary star system) which we could not detect or confirm until the 1990's? Surely, confirming Saturn has rings would be easier than knowing about Sirius B, wouldn't it? It's so much closer and you really should try and study what knowledge ancient tribes and aboriginal people had/have because it would probably astound you!

Let me ask you a question, what if civilisation has reached our level of technology (and far beyond) before? What if it's happened more than once? Our planet is far older than originally thought and no one knows the full truth. I believe we have reached this level at least three times before destroying ourselves (or being destroyed) and having to start again (thus the stories of Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu and Hypoborea civilisations).

All i know is the history we are taught is full of lies! We (humans) are so arrogant we think we know it all, we are so snobbish we think we know more than the ancients and aborigonal peoples. maybe if we just stopped mouthing off and listened, we might actually learn something? Just my opinion from 30 years of studying various subjects, surrounding archeology, history, paranormal and conspiracy subjects.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by purplemer

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

It also looks like it could be a hat.

point out where the hat is please..

kay-o?
edit on 14-3-2012 by MorkandMindy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yes i believe this to be true and would explain my findings in relation to Saint Helena.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
For all those mentioning the Dogon (although that has nothing to do with the OP anyway) check out - this site.

There is much evidence from many sources that the Dogon knowledge is a deliberately crafted myth.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

here here! agree with you totally!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Just show us all how they knew about and drew Saturn's rings accurately.

According to mainstream history, there was absolutely no way they could have known what it would have looked like in this sort of level of detail.

Debunk that.

Mainstream history
!!!!

I am afraid you just shot yourself in the foot there.

Nice 'self-debunk', saves us believers a stupid argument with a close minded brute.

Haha
edit on 14/3/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
they also would probably have taught them how to draw better.

Right, because thats the most pressing matter to hand at the time....

No. Read a book by Zecharia Sitchin. He paints a great picture of life before us. He has sources in the back but yet again like everything we talk or wirte about, its our own view on the matter, we'll never know what happend so long ago unless, I think he does a great job at connecting the dots.

A) we go back in time some how.
B) Aliens do indeed exisit proving most of our wildest guesses right
C) we find a frozen body and thaw him out! ( unlikely)

I for one like the Thread creator's find! maybe with abit more research we cold get a better unstanding of what they are rather than DE_Bunking everything we see. ATS members are emtremely high maintaince.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well its difficult to say weather any of this is authentic. However, the same can be said for many of the things we base what we teach in school on. Yes, most "ancient astronaut theorist" probably are not accurate with their theories. However, its even more doubtful it happened exactly as is taught in school, and its no coincidence what ancient people are more focused on in regular public school. Like they hardly even mention the Sumerians, the Akkadians, the Maya, Or the Aztecs. In fact the more enigmatic things I see in a civilization, the less dedication that civilization receives in schools. Sure we can sit here all day and dispute the specifics, but we can not ignore the fact that something strange is at hand here. As corny as it sounds its becomes more and more true every day: Truth is stranger than fiction. Also, there are just far too many serpents in history for their not to be a connection there. Dragons existed damnit. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Been on ATS for years now and still makes me sad that most people deny all the evidence there is out there about this ancient alien phenomena. What else you want to believe that people in the ancient times helped humanity? What else you need for you to believe that NASA is hiding the truth or knows more then it is telling? The evidence is all in your face and you still deny everything that it is being discovered or better it was always there for you to see. Of course not everything you read or see is true but i truly believe due to many research that, Yes Ancient Aliens did exist and other planetary beings did visit earth both in the past and ever. Can't wait until the day when most people wake up and realize how wrong they were, that we live in a huge universe, with billions of galaxies and that NO, WE WERE NEVER ALONE!!

Regards

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You posted some pictures of objects of unknown age with unknown inscriptions, but claimed you had proof of alien contact. Can you please explain what the proof was?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Seems to be some missing information in order to define these objects as mayan.

- Where are these objects, in what museum or similar.
- How did they conclude the objects are mayan.
- Details of how these objects were discovered.

I'll check your link again later, maybe I missed it.

No you have not missed it. I would really like to find out where these objects came from. I do agree with you they dont look Mayan to me, But heck what do I know.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would love for these artifacts to be authentic but it's worrisome that they aren't presented with any information such as who found them and where and what does radio carbon dating suggest for age? They don't particularly look Mayan either. I hope they are though as it is pretty clear what they are depicting.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriltosthe2nd
I for one like the Thread creator's find! maybe with abit more research we cold get a better unstanding of what they are rather than DE_Bunking everything we see. ATS members are emtremely high maintaince.

The reason why we do not blindly believe is that we need evidence, otherwise we are indeed BLIND! Perhaps you have forgotten the theme here at ATS.

People are constantly trying to scam some "sheep" because of their belief system. It has been going on from the beginning of time. What is the ol' saying; "There is a sucker born every second".

Don't get me wrong. I've have had my own sightings, I have had my own unusual experiences. But because they do not fall into any logically known science, then as far as being credible, they mean nothing outside of my having an personal unexplained experience. There is a reason why they call one group "researchers" and the other "Believers".

Myself.. I'm of the unholy trinity.. I'm a believer that's a skeptical debunker.. try sleeping on that one..!

edit on 3/14/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Lol you people here are so gullible, take a look a real mayan art, then look at these silly looking carvings.

My 5 year old nephew could draw those.

I petty the gullible.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I cannot find much on the origins of these artifacts.. Found two snippets on other sites...

**UPDATE: THESE ARTIFACTS WERE FOUND 55 YEARS AGO BY A TRIBE IN CENTRAL MEXICO...THEY HAVE BEEN USING MANY OF THESE ARTIFACTS AROUND THEIR NECKS AS DECORATIONS, NECKLACES, ETC...RE-DISCOVERED TO THE WORLD IN 2011! TESTS REVEALED THAT THEY PRE-DATE THE MAYANS...A documentary is to be released by the mexican goverment at the beginning of december..artifacts will also show a landing pad thats been found in the jungle plus much more..

www.aliensloveicecream.com...

So maybe this is the stuff the mexican government is going to release...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

A recent batch of astonishing archaeological artifacts from Central America has recently surfaced on youtube and is causing quite the stir. As of now, there still seems to be very little information available on the complete origin and authenticity of these artifacts but I imagine we’ll be hearing a lot more on the subject in coming months. If these artifacts can be appropriately authenticated, we’re indeed looking at one of the most profound discoveries in recent history.

www.galacticresonance.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

What part of this proves they had alien contact?

Oh that's right, because modern aliens supposedly look a bit like that according to some eye-witnesses who have no evidence other than their personal experience. (this is ignoring the more unique sightings of Reptilians, insectoid aliens, human-like aliens such as the Nordics, etc).

There's no "proof" here, just some ancient artifacts (assuming these are legitimate and not fake) robbed of any cultural or historical context they actually possessed in order to fit the narrow and very recent "Grey" interpretation of extraterrestrials.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

two more interesting ones from a different site..

www.galacticresonance.org...
edit on 14-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join