It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The biggest indicator for me that this is fraudulent is the fact that it is being posted on in5d.com and not.. oh.. I don't know..

..anywhere else?

These guys YEARN for fame and credibility, but they know their artifacts can't stand criticism. The is why you won't see this crap in any credible journal of science.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have to say that those artifacts do indeed seem to suggest aliens. I am however highly sketpical about the authenticity, I used to make pots and stuff similar to this back when I was doing art so it could well be someones project. Are there any more credible sources with these findings, surely that site is not the first to find/publish it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I believe these are modern day forgeries. The Mayans could not have known that there were planets with ring systems...and even if 'galactic' visitors came down from the deep depths of the Cosmos just to tell them that Saturn had rings, they also would probably have taught them how to draw better.

edit on 3/13/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

Yes, these could be forgeries.....but what evidence is there that Mayans could not have known about planets with rings? Perhaps they have seen pictures from visitors. As far as drawing....just like today, maybe not everyone was an artist. These are just "maybe's" but there is too much assumption going on there in your post. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I believe these are modern day forgeries. The Mayans could not have known that there were planets with ring systems...and even if 'galactic' visitors came down from the deep depths of the Cosmos just to tell them that Saturn had rings, they also would probably have taught them how to draw better.

edit on 3/13/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

Your wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Your wrong.

Kamn420, you have just won the "Greatest comment on ANY ATS thread EVER!" award, and a place in my signature...
Seriously, WTH?
edit on 14/3/2012 by Gramlengo because: Moo

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kman420

*You're* wrong

Also, what happened to a sense of humor?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Could be a hat, I guess. Although I have never seen a depiction of a Mayan wearing a hat.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don’t believe that 'Mayan style of art' is a method to debunk this.

I grew up and went to the same school as my sister. We both had the same art teacher and parents. Our 'Art style' is nothing alike - Granted, some styles of art usually do reflect on a 'people' however I believe this to be a totally invalid argument and method of debunking. Same thing could be said for hand writing styles today for example, We are all different despite our teachings / backgrounds.

Going by these images provided by the OP. They are all in relation to a similar topic. Planets / circles / other beings seem to be common, To dismiss one image as a 'hat' when there is a similar pattern is a joke. They wouldn’t make a 'hat'. ¬_¬' If there was some form showing they wore hats of this nature with a small face on the front then granted this could be valid, however they don’t. Anyone dismissing that image as a hat needs to stop as its not even funny anymore tbh, just boring to read.

I do agree without solid evidence of the origins these CANNOT be classified as FACTUAL evidence from the Mayans however this to me is the only method to debunk this, the rest is laughable.

I also believe that the Mayans had contact, received information and I do believe that it was not just the Mayans but various other civilisations through-out the globe. The difference is, some people had power to dismiss the information, and others to hide it.
For example.

If you were to present information on an alien race outwith the planet to Christians, it would totally destroy their religion. If they were to contact the heads of power they would ensure this would not happen. Without full faith and control it would not be possible to maintain power. However the information can be used to 'help' them with such talks of 'Angels' etc.

There is a far greater chance of Aliens coming here .. than there being a God and anyone who disagrees really needs to take a step back, and re-look at the facts here. I don’t mean youtube videos and hillbilly abduction claims.
I mean, religion is based from a book, written by humans. It is in their opinion. A book despite the name or location of religion, dictates more or less the same thing. Written by people on this planet.

Science has proven to us, we are a new planet, in a new galaxy in a very large system. Infact, we are so tiny on the scale of things, that there could be billions upon billions of other species. This scares the religious type as we no longer become 'Gods people' - we become another species in a larger collection. This is not a possible thing to happen, and considering religion is through-out history in such strength, its is entirely possible that this information was collected, stored or destroyed for the benefit of those in POWER.

To believe that we are alone is the most closed minded thing I have ever read and the soul reason we will not find the truth because its people like that, who are forcing the masses to think similar. I have said this already that religion will do nothing but hold the people back, and if you think how many people actually believe in a 'god' and dictate their life’s around a fairy tail YET there is far LESS proof.. Then question for a moment why the chance of Alien life is really hard to believe? Frankly it’s just a waste of people’s time to explain this. To me, it’s obvious. To those, it will destroy and embarrass their life.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am very skeptical of this.

1. The artwork appears to be one artist. Each piece though different has a similar look as if by one artist.
2. The artwork looks inspired Mayan but not classical mayan work.
3. There are modern day Mayans...so it could truthfully be Mayan but not ancient.
4. Where was this excavated?
5. By who(m)?
6. Where are these 1000 codices?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: worthless

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Although an interesting find, i'm leading towards fakes, otherwise these things would be all over the news.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why is there no credible links of these discoveries? Only ancient alien 2012 sites.

Because most likely, they are forgeries.

Even if they weren't, there are numerous explanations instead of aliens. For example, many African masks have similar characteristics, so how do we know these images aren't indicative of similar motifs in South America? Without seeing these pieces in other sources though, I'd think them to be highly suspect.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

These are not forgeries. There are plenty of main stream links to back up the discovery of the artifacts. They appear to be the real deal. Here is one

Secondly, no............... There is no other explanations about there meaning. There is no other way to view them outside of an alien presence. If you review all of the artifacts on display and you would need to review all of them as some pieces are not as prolific as others you will find there are pieces that can not be dismissed as anything but alien contact.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

First of all, Thank you Purplemer, for this fascinating find. Yes, we all want proof and evidence and blessings from the all knowing. But without all the vetting, it is still fun to read about this topic and to look at the pretty pictures. I love to read about ancient history and the possiblity of visitation by aliens. S & F for you.

Secondly, wow - such negativity regarding the authenticity. As far as I can surmize, this was posted in the correct forum being that this subject is indeed "Highly Speculative". I rarely post or comment on this forum because of the poor attitudes and snarky come backs. All you were asking for was interpretation and comments.

Lastly, and sadly, for many, aliens would have to show up for dinner before they will believe. Somethings in life are just a leap of faith. I for one tend to lean towards the belief that these may be real and the reason its not all over the front page news is well - because they may be real.

Peace and Love.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmagic

Actually, it is. Just like Japanese comic books favor a "manga" style and American comic books favor a "superhero style" there are styles of art for every culture and every century. You get the occasional oddball, but there's a lot of conformity because that's the style everyone wants.

A number of those are clearly frauds. The genuine ones have been enhanced (sometimes by adding color or extra lines) and shown out of context. This is reminsicent of the Ica Stones and other frauds, where some goombah tourist shows up and sees a carving and says "Ooooh! That looks like a dinosaur!" and pays $30 for the thing (a lot of money.) Soon, everyone who can scratch something into pottery or bone shows up with an "ancient Mayan dinosaur" for the tourists.

Even if the Mayans didn't live in the area.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VDJ10
Although an interesting find, i'm leading towards fakes, otherwise these things would be all over the news.

The people who own the majority of what we know as the main stream media, would dismiss this instantly regardless of proof. It happens all the time.
People who believe in Aliens / UFO's are laughed at by our society. Its the way people have been engineered to react due to those in power. Is this not obvious to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by mrmagic

Actually, it is. Just like Japanese comic books favor a "manga" style and American comic books favor a "superhero style" there are styles of art for every culture and every century. You get the occasional oddball, but there's a lot of conformity because that's the style everyone wants.

A number of those are clearly frauds. The genuine ones have been enhanced (sometimes by adding color or extra lines) and shown out of context. This is reminsicent of the Ica Stones and other frauds, where some goombah tourist shows up and sees a carving and says "Ooooh! That looks like a dinosaur!" and pays $30 for the thing (a lot of money.) Soon, everyone who can scratch something into pottery or bone shows up with an "ancient Mayan dinosaur" for the tourists.

Even if the Mayans didn't live in the area.

Manga is a style drawn not just by the Japanese. Same goes for 'Superhero style' - However this does not mean because your are Japanese you must draw Manga art.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I got to look at this on my home computer and may comment then.

Til then..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

they'll never find anything loike that,cos im not giving them it...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Can I assume from the thread, that most here are interested in the 2012 topic?

I love this subject because it is a GREAT social experiment.
Facts .. Please pay close attention.
1) Mayan calendar was established in the year 3372 BC ( It is a very complex calendar system and predicts the end of the word to happen in 2012. Or Not )
Julius Caesar was behind the origin of leap year in the year 45 BC.

There have been roughly 514 Leap years since created by Caesar in 45BC. The Mayan calendar did not account for Leap Year… so technically the world should have ended around 7 months ago.

How can you argue that? You can't!

Unless you think they meant our Dec. 21 2012 and NOT their own Dec. 21 2012 on their calendar. Which, we all know that would be the single most ignorant, thought one could have.
The Dec. 20 2012 that is depicted on the Mayan calendar went past several months ago....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join