It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Just to reiterate to those who don't know.

The Dogon tribe also has 'Cave' paintings of Saturn and it's rings, Jupiter and it's four large moons, the correct direction of the circulation of blood within the human body and most intriguing of all:

The orbit of Sirius B, the dark star, around it's more visible brother, Sirius A.

This tribe OPENLY tells that beings came down and taught them this info.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Swills

You are probably correct. I just copy and pasted the title of the article as I was in a bit of hurry at the time. Its hard to provide real proof for anything... Let alone alien contact.

It's best to put quotes around the article's title then. This doesn't seem like proof at all.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just my $0.02 or £0.0126,

If galactic visiters DID indeed land on earth, and visit the mayan civilisation, not too take anything away from the human intellect...but wouldnt it take a long while to try and get a human, from that period of time in history, to understand such complicated astronomy???

That requires or involves principles such as, dynamic modelling/mathematics/dimensioning/physics at a fairly intermediate/high level of knowledge even for an average mature person today...( i know there are kid genious's out there)

..you would need to cover a lot of groundwork on fundamentals PURE BASICS, i mean how did they overcome the language barrier, or train of thought? everyone has a different way of explaining things, methods of deduction and analytical approach to things that only a comprehensive education can provide you with.

we see how peoples and groups/tribes whatever vary GREATLY across the globe, you cant just integrate into a tribe in the heart of the amazonian jungle due to customs/traditions/principles/ideals, you would NOT just run in there and explain to them what a core i7 intel processor does and why they should save up and buy one? not being a smart ass, but what i am IMPLYING is that imagine how galact travellers would be so much different to us!!!!

Realistically, were not taking these things into account at all, and jumping the gun A LOT, imagine star trek and the universal translator, you think they had one of those? even if aliens were telepathic, does telepathy have dialects and languages? how the hell would we know.

I think what i mentioned serves as solid framework for this type of thread and discussion, yes those artifacts are interesting, i dont believe in aliens, but they caught my attention and triggered the questions i stated.
edit on 14-3-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Chapter Six of Carl Sagan's "Broca's Brain" White Dwarfs and Little Green Men:

In my mind's eye I picture a Gallic visitor to the Dogon people, in what was then French West Africa, in the early part of (19th) century. He may have been a diplomat, explorer, an adventurer or an early anthropologist.

Carl goes on to imagine this man telling the Dogon about our own astronomical "myths." How easy it would have been for the Dogon to assimilate this received knowledge and wrap their own cultural entanglements around it. One does not have to believe that aliens from across the Cosmos came and told just these people all about Saturn's rings and Sirius A and B, let alone visited the Mayans to tell them how to build pyramids---but not how to create electricity, the germ theory of disease, or even how to stop killing each other in pointless religious rituals.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
this is great we are close to knowing the truth there is so much evidence we just need our government to to say what we are all thinking !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Peace. I wouldn't trust anything the media throws out regarding the Myan's. I wouldn't trust the media period. The artifacts can definitely be fabricated. I mean come on, the calender only represented the end of a cycle and they've completely corrupted it into meaning the end of the world. When it's regarding a well established, highly advanced and civilized nation and that nation is a people of color then they always twist the influence of those people. They Myans were dealing with mathematics, sciences, highly advanced arts, architecture and agriculture when Europeans were literally savage, living in the hills and caves of Europe without a culture. They can't understand how the Myans were so advanced at that time, so they say Aliens had to have taught them. How foolish for people to believe this. All they are doing is taking away from the people who actually created such wonders. Perfect example that show and proves my point. Today America and the western world are so advanced in technology, yet they still don't understand how pyramids were built thousands and thousands of years ago. So what do you see in the media constantly, that aliens did it. So ashamed to say that black people (people of color) did it that they say aliens did. You never hear anything about Aliens building the monuments in Greece, or Italy or Rome. The alien crap is just propaganda. I wouldn't even pay any attention to it. Also when I speak of they throughout my response, I am specfically speaking of Europeans. Just to clarify my statements. Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Even early 19th century astronomers could not accurately know of Sirius B, and especially not it's actual orbit. IT'S A DARK STAR. It's orbit was discovered in 1950 I believe and CONFIRMS the Dogon's knowledge.

C'mon man. Some things cannot be explained. I know it's hard to accept....but the truth sometimes is.
edit on 14-3-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by autowrench

Well I was just about to bring up that one

This one here...

Looks like a direct take off from this one;

But there you have a REAL example of a Mayan work that may point to Ancient Aliens

edit on 13-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Can I have some fun here

I think this the earliest known methane gas recycler. Also notice the figure's left foot. His toes are barley touching the ground, thus reducing his carbon foot print.
Apparently the smell was so bad in these recyclers that they had to put in fresh air tubes that reached to the persons nose.
Even eons ago, they knew that the discoverer of the internet would attempt to charge them a carbon footprint tax.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Again, quoting from Carl's incredible book, Broca's Brain:

In 1844 the German astronomer F.W. Bessel discovered that the long term motion of Sirius itself (A) was not straight but, rather, wavy against the background of more distant stars. Bessel proposed that there was a DARK companion to Sirius whose gravitational influence was producing the observed sinusoidal motion.

He goes on to enlighten us that 18 years later an astronomer named Alvan G. Clark discovered, accidentally, that Sirius DID have a companion by direct visual observation!

So, I think you're wrong in your history...this would give people like French science popularizer Flammarion enough time to include it in one of his books. Etc, etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/14/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by LightAssassin because: double post dammit.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yes, they saw it's companion. They did NOT track it's orbit yet the Dogon already had this up on a cave wall!!!

Quote the great Carl Sagan all day long. You will not convince me otherwise.

Watch this. You may learn something.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I am not trying to convince you of anything except that you were wrong. I will continue to quote people who actually know history, science, and astronomy all day long.

edit on 3/14/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thank you - that's really interesting - I've got lots to read up on.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have some issues with these newly found "artifacts"...

For some reason, I have had a nagging in the back of my mind regarding project blue beam...I don't know why it seems far fetched...but dammit I can't help but consider blue beam whenever I see new evidence like this.

First: Those new artifacts are suspiciously obvious...like horrendously obvious, not to mention the "artists" looks like a 5 year old child or like it came from someones phone book doodles...it in no way seems consistent with Mayan art or artifacts etc...it seems forged to me they are too convenient...In my experience life is rarely convenient if EVER...this makes me uncomfortable.

Not to mention the project blue beam theory seems to have predicted something just like this...artifacts that would shatter our current model of human history will be discovered etc...

Second: I love the ancient aliens series on TV but again, when I consider blue beam and the purpose...I get uncomfortable with the notion that a TV network owned by people who have proven themselves to be liars, misleading and constantly using their TV network power to influence and manipulate...It makes me very uncomfortable..

Third: The disclosure project and Dr. Greer piss me off to no end...Greer (at least to me) has shown himself to be a snake oil salesman...selling 10k a pop trips to see "aliens in action" or whatever...dammit how does that not bother anyone?

Fourth: Nassim Haramein...was featured in the "Thrive" documentary...I really really like Nassim but he lost points with me appearing on that for profit documentary constructed by the elite elbow rubbing son of a titan-corp...Foster Gamble...Don't get me wrong a lot of the information in the documentary was good but the solutions they pose are more of the same. No different than "The Venus Project" and the Zeitgeist movement, more of the same...selling you out to a social design that is better than now but won't evolve and will ultimately again end up ruling its people and/or unwilling participants.

Im very skeptical of these artifacts atm, who knows my views might change. Im not denying they are legit just skeptical they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
Just my $0.02 or £0.0126,

If galactic visiters DID indeed land on earth, and visit the mayan civilisation, not too take anything away from the human intellect...but wouldnt it take a long while to try and get a human, from that period of time in history, to understand such complicated astronomy???

That requires or involves principles such as, dynamic modelling/mathematics/dimensioning/physics at a fairly intermediate/high level of knowledge even for an average mature person today...( i know there are kid genious's out there)

..you would need to cover a lot of groundwork on fundamentals PURE BASICS, i mean how did they overcome the language barrier, or train of thought? everyone has a different way of explaining things, methods of deduction and analytical approach to things that only a comprehensive education can provide you with.

we see how peoples and groups/tribes whatever vary GREATLY across the globe, you cant just integrate into a tribe in the heart of the amazonian jungle due to customs/traditions/principles/ideals, you would NOT just run in there and explain to them what a core i7 intel processor does and why they should save up and buy one? not being a smart ass, but what i am IMPLYING is that imagine how galact travellers would be so much different to us!!!!

Realistically, were not taking these things into account at all, and jumping the gun A LOT, imagine star trek and the universal translator, you think they had one of those? even if aliens were telepathic, does telepathy have dialects and languages? how the hell would we know.

I think what i mentioned serves as solid framework for this type of thread and discussion, yes those artifacts are interesting, i dont believe in aliens, but they caught my attention and triggered the questions i stated.

You do raise some very valid points and apart from me thinking 'well they may have hung around for a long time and the teachers among the tribe used these artifacts or their religious leaders used them to record the visit' we don't know.
But I'd be interested to know - how do you think they came about ?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Where was I wrong? Here's my post:

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Even early 19th century astronomers could not accurately know of Sirius B, and especially not it's actual orbit. IT'S A DARK STAR. It's orbit was discovered in 1950 I believe and CONFIRMS the Dogon's knowledge.

C'mon man. Some things cannot be explained. I know it's hard to accept....but the truth sometimes is.

I bolded the most accurate part of my statement. I also did not state they definitely could not see it. I said they could not ACCURATELY know of Sirius B. They could certainly guess its existence due to known factors. The info the Dogons have is above and beyond what an early 19th century astronomer had, of Sirius A and B.

Have fun with your quotes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Just thought I would share this as I have not seen these artifacts before. I remember a thread not long ago talking about some Mayan stuff that would be released and I wondered if this was it..

Amazing new Mayan artifacts prove the extraterrestrial connection between the Maya and their galactic visitors, furthering the preponderance on the December 21, 2012 end date to the Long Count calendar.

Many people have speculated that the Maya were visited by extraterrestrials and that at least one of their deities, Kukulcan (also known as Quetzalcoatl by the Aztecs), may have been a galactic visitor who taught the Maya about agriculture, mathematics, medicine and astronomy. How else could one explain the Mayan calendar, a calendar that to this day can accurately predict every lunar eclipse within 30 seconds?

www.in5d.com...

Some of these do look like your typical alien heads.. With the big instect type eyes. Not that I have ever seen an alien.

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

I think this is the most intresting image. It looks to me like a some kind of machine and depicts planets around it too....!

Theres plenty more images on the site and some youtube videos. I cannot comment on them as my internet connection will not allow me to watch them.

So if anyone wants to write some spec about them it would be nice...

I started reading the responses to your thread and began to feel sick.
That was after I noticed something interesting about the 'spaceship' picture, so I came back home to respond to your OP.

It is facing right.
The first compartment contains the 'human pilot'.
The second compartment, left of the first, contains the 'engine room': the furnace of whatever power that was used to propel this space capsule.
The third compartment appears to be somewhat symmetrical and could be a giroscopic navigational tool?
The fourth slot, I'm not sure of yet, but for its semi-circular connection with the left end, the backside of the 'capsule', which is sure to be the navigational rudders and wings of this spatial time-traveller, just like in our own rockets.

This capsule is navigating the Solar Ecliptic, passing via Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc.
And yes, Pacal Votan and his crew surely knew more about the Galaxy and Cosmos than ever we could hope to, as long as we persist in electing to stay dumb and void of our senses.

The Mayan, Pacal Votan, was depicted, in vivid detail, as being the navigator of a space capsule.
His research into space is how the Mayans deciphered the codons of the Cosmos...their 'calender'.
He will soon return and help us dummies out as to what the early Mayan civilization was all about and what they knew, regarding our Galaxy and the rest of the Cosmos

I hope they get back here soon, because I'm about fed-up with the ignorance and stupidity that the majority of our civilization is demonstrating, right now, regarding the ancient aliens, who came here to Earth, to make us dummer than nit-wits. They sure as hell succeeded, and I'm interested in how they plan to proceed to wipe out the rest of the excess stupidity that prevails.

Come back, Pacal Votan!.....Even the Australien Aborigines could not succeed in teaching us 'Modern Folk' anything about their Song-Lines: those which spelled out the vibrational connection patterns between Planets and Earth!!!

Yeah! We're that dumn and sense-less!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

And for all those reasons - we're all going Nuts - we can no longer believe ANYTHING! That is scary - I mean how do we know when the truth stares us in the face? This is the problem with the world today.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by Sly1one

And for all those reasons - we're all going Nuts - we can no longer believe ANYTHING! That is scary - I mean how do we know when the truth stares us in the face? This is the problem with the world today.

Good point, reminds me of Aldous Huxley's vision of the future world where instead of censorship like Orwell thought, we would all be inundated with so much information we wouldn't be able to identify the truth. It would be akin to finding a needle in a haystack...and I would have to agree with that assessment.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I looked at them all and I really only seen one or two that comes close to resembling mayan artwork that I have looked at for a while .

The vision serpent , coming out of an object
thats about the only one I would say is close

as others have said , cool evidence but it means nothing until its confirmed.

Zorgon , I love the cover plate of Pakal , its crazy

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join