It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Adam and Eve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The very beggining of human kind did not develop from Adam and Eve and the reason why is if Adam and Eve had kids then we would be the cause of thousands and thousands of years of inbreeding and there is no chance inbreds would live this long, or we would be such disfigured ugly buggers.

Heres my proof of any religion that uses A+E as the beggining of human kind to be untrue, enjoy.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You mean Adam, Eve and Lucy (was that the name of Adam's first wife?), right!?!

But regardless, your point is unchanged.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Wrong....Adams first wife was Lilith

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ah, but the Bible thumpers would simply point out that Adam and Eve were of a more pure genetic crop (that's why they lived hundreds of years), and it's only the more diluted offspring that have problems with inbreeding...

You can't argue against blind faith...you'll smack into the wall of belief every time,

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

No need to get huffy! I did put the statement in the form of a question.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I started a thread dealing with this issue some time ago, here is the link, it may answer some of your questions.

Is Everyone Inbred?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No need to get huffy! I did put the statement in the form of a question.

No,no...you took me wrong there! I was not being huffy at all!
Hard to tell though on a bulletin board where you can't see expression....sorry....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No,no...you took me wrong there! I was not being huffy at all!
Hard to tell though on a bulletin board where you can't see expression....sorry....

My bad then! I must have been thinking about that missing link skeleton, Lucy.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Lilith is'nt mentioned anywhere in the Bible. I think I read somewhere that the story of Lilith was an old Sumerian fable. Since Lilith refused to submit to Adam she became a killer of newborns or a some kind of vampire.
I'm not saying she might not have existed. I'm kinda curious myself about whether she did or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lilith is mentioned in the old Hebrew texts. She was cast down by God for questioning the authority of man, which is odd because she was created as man's equal, and when she acted that way, she was punished and demonized as a baby eating blood drinker. Hmmmm, biblical woman bashing. Who'd da thunk it?

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are certain natural evolutionary factors that play in here though which sort of assist in disproving this idea - to share a common origin on the species level and and to share a brother with your father are two very different things

Just some of the factors:

• Genetic drift: Random fluctuations in the frequency of the appearance of a gene in a small isolated population, presumably owing to chance rather than natural selection.
  • Gene flow: The passage and establishment of genes typical of one breeding population into the gene pool of another by hybridization and backcrossing.
  • Mutation: A change of the DNA sequence within a gene or chromosome of an organism resulting in the creation of a new character or trait not found in the parental type.
  • Punctuated equilibrium: Theory of evolution holding that evolutionary change in the fossil record came in fits and starts rather than in a steady process of slow change.

Just out of pure laziness I got those definitions from www.dictionary.com

At any rate, cool topic...I could see reason for sway on both sides...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A story of Lilith:

Now Lilith was the first wife of Adam, well before the creation of Eve. She had been created along with him to be his helper, as the Torah states "Male and Female He created them."
However, Lilith was not so suited as a companion for Adam. There was little on which they could agree In his attempt to mate with Lilith, Adam demanded missionary position. However, Lilith refused. "We were created equal, and thus we shall make love in equal positions."

Adam replied that he, being the Image of the Elohim, would not stoop to such a level as to be equal to Lilith, who was simply one of the many beasts of the field She was created as his helper, and that is how she would remain.

Lilith, however, was far more than Adam had imagined. She went straight away to Yahweh, and used her prowess of seduction upon Him. Yahweh, known for his soft heart toward women, was finally lulled into revealing His sacred Name unto her. Thereupon Lilith pronounced the Divine Name, and flew away from the Garden and Adam forever.

She took residence within a cave upon the shores of the Red Sea, where to this day she finds Her shelter Within. She accepted the demons of the world as her lovers, and spawned many thousands of demon children in only a short time. It is thus that the world became populated with demons, and how Lilith came to be called the Mother of Demons�wife of Asmodeus, the King of Demons. In this aspect, she was called the Younger Lilith.

Adam, meanwhile, found that he regretted wishing Lilith away. He went to Yahweh and stated his case for the return of Lilith. Yahweh agreed that a creature of Eden should not so easily depart that realm, and dispatched three Enforcer Angels to retrieve her.

These three, Senoy, Sansenoy, and Semangeloph, soon found Lilith within her cave, and demanded her return unto Adam by order of Yahweh. If she refused, they informed her, they would slay one hundred of her demon children each day until she decided to return.

Lilith exclaimed that even this fate was better than returning to Eden and submission to Adam. As the Enforcers carried out their threat, Lilith also made a terrible proclamation. In return for the pain delivered upon her, she would slay the children of Adam. She swore to attack children, and even their mothers, during child-birth. She also swore that all newborns were in danger of her wrath�baby girls for twenty days after birth, and boys for eight. Not only this, but she vowed also to attack men in their sleep. She would steal their semen to give birth to more demon children, which would replace those slain each day.

However, even Lilith was not without feeling. She also made one other promise: wherever she saw displayed the names of the three Angels who opposed her, no one in that place would be in danger from her actions.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting, LadyV. Lillith must've given rise to the "succubus" legend then. The female demon that attacks men in their sleep.
Not to veer off the topic of this thread though.
Adam and Eve are in the Genesis part of the Bible. Has anyone ever noticed that Genesis is very different from the rest of the Bible. Almost like it does'nt belong or is perhaps missing some parts?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Lady V-

That shore wuz alot purtier of a story the ways yoo told it. Me not talk good.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There are so many books and scrolls that are part of the Bible and were thrown out that it is ridiculous, hehe...

BTW, Lilith is thought to often be the mother of all vampires as well....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Adam wasn't the first ever man, he was the patriach of the Adamic races, from him and Eve sprang forth the Jews, later on the arabs (Abraham & Hagar begat the sons of Ishmail) then most of the peoples of europe as 10 of the twelve tribes were exiled from Israel by the Assyrians in approximately 730 b.c.e.

It would be just plain dumb to think that Adam was the first man ever, recent archeology in Indonesia suggests that modern man has been present for over 800,000 years. Far, far older than ever before predicted or surmised. Adams succession would mean he would have lived some 6000 years ago.

Adam and Eve are however important historical figures whose legacy has changed the world forever.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
The very beggining of human kind did not develop from Adam and Eve and the reason why is if Adam and Eve had kids then we would be the cause of thousands and thousands of years of inbreeding and there is no chance inbreds would live this long, or we would be such disfigured ugly buggers.

Heres my proof of any religion that uses A+E as the beggining of human kind to be untrue, enjoy.

You're eliminating the key factor which makes all this nonsense make sense.

God.

And that's not fair.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't call Adam and Eve "historic" figures...."mythical" sure, but not historic....as aside from one book, there is no other basis for their existence... Jesus is more borderline, as at least there are numerous texts of various religions that give accounts of him.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
But who's to say that A+E were anything like us? There is no proof to suggest that we're not horrible disfigurments of the orrigional conception.

thoughts?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The twelve tribes of Israel are descended from the family of the patriach Abraham. In the first books of the bible we're talking family history....

If Abrahams forebears were not Adam and Eve who were they....

It seems to me a reasonable proposition that they existed and had a family which eventually became the jewish nation...someone had to do it

It would seem to me a little churlish to insist that it has to be somebody else...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join