It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
End the war, cut our loses and bring the soldiers home.

You cannot keep doing this to our men and their children, women and men. Time to end war.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed
Personally I'm fragged
As stated my operations in Afghanistan alone equates to 6 different years
This isn't including all the other places I go / have been in those and other years
I keep going for a number of reasons not all of which many can understand
But one of the main ones as I've stated before
Is to make sure its done as right as possible
ME applying My morals and humanity to any given situation and advising from experience
not some zombie product of the killbot factory blindly following the blind
My knowlege my skills my understanding my ethics
So that I and mine can make a positive difference
But troops breaking is going to happen more frequently - hell it's happened to me and I'm still dealing with my ghosts
My 'event' was not aimed at any native or enemy - but at the people who we are meant to trust to lead us
Very VERY few of whom I do

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
Definately going to be reprisals following this.

Nine children amongst the fifteen confirmed deaths and US ambassador has warned of a backlash.

Afghans are, understandably, going to be very angry.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11/3/12 by logicalview because: Forgot Link!

Agreed. These people riot, kill people and tear things to pieces because of a cartoon or a book...or the burning of another book. How will this be taken, when plenty will help with gasoline to whatever fire it starts anyway.

I have a bad feeling..and I hope the U.S. bases are properly supported and reinforced. There is one thing we haven't had happen since Vietnam.....but Afghanistan would be the place capable, if any would be. That is the outright over-run of an American combat position. With these incidents building, the Taliban and Jihadi fighters may very well get the tribal support they've lacked for the kind of hit that would take.

The faster we can get our people out..the better. If that means spiking equipment and guns in place, so be it. I really want to see our guys not simply withdraw, but bug-out. This isn't going well in one heck of a hurry.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Who knows.. Maybe he will get the same as the Afghan soldiers who murdered American military personnel over the idiotic over reaction to the Quran burning?

While I agree it was excessive to kill someone over the Quran, It would not have happened if we were not there in their lands.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I wonder how many of these psychos will be going berserk once they head back home.
What goes around comes around.

...those 'psychos' are the same ones that you would be praising and begging for if our own nation was ever invaded. so easy to talk trash now, but if these 'psychos' didn't fight for our country while it was being invaded you would be calling them cowards and wondering what to do to save your a**. now they are psychos, when you need them they are heroes. support the troops is a joke...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
In my opinion there is no excuse for what this soldier did, mental breakdown or not. As a US serviceman he is held to a higher bar. Service in the US military is voluntary, not mandatory. He enlisted, he was well aware of all the consequences of his enlistment. The buck stops with him. Whether or not his commander missed the signs of his mental duress or not, he is responsible for his own actions. The point is not whether our military should be there, or not. They are there. In a theater of war. Loosing one's friends and comrads is not legal nor moral justification for murdering civilians.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

I wonder how many of these psychos will be going berserk once they head back home.

...those 'psychos' are the same ones that you would be praising and begging for if our own nation was ever invaded. so easy to talk trash now, but if these 'psychos' didn't fight for our country while it was being invaded you would be calling them cowards and wondering what to do to save your a**. now they are psychos, when you need them they are heroes. support the troops is a joke...

It's these psychos that'll be the front line for you all in the streets
When our governments enact the plans and events we see or think are coming, when our government is pushing hard
You'll be thankfull for the vets in your hood that'll know how to push back
It's coming
edit on 11-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the troops are burnd-up...the afghan's are sick of the american occupation..
time to stop the madness!
you just can't implement an coca cola democratie or communist regime in an islamitic country...
russia diddnd make it...america also not....
no force can take over afganistan..history proven!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-3-2012 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We are at war. People die. People lose it.

People are, well, people.

Here's real neat idea!

Surrender. Have all the people who are trying to kill us, stop. Raise the white flag.
Quit.

Once you do that, we leave, have a parade, give a few speeches, and it's done.

We could also encourage peace by getting out of a country we never should have invaded in the first place. We would be even safer if we pulled all of our people out of the middle east.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Im not American. I hope thats cool with you.

I see the crimes of American soldiers in the same light as the crimes of anybody else.

That said, what if your women and children were killed by an occupying force?
Would you like to be in the shoes of the family members of those killed by that "psycho" in uniform...the one that this thread is about?

edit on 11-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Danbones
...unforgivable and undefensible about the children

He and his actions will be well defended by the US military court. If the Haditha massacre trial is anything to go by the worst that will happen to this marine is that he will get a pay cut.

It is right and proper that he should be turned over to the Afghani officials and tried by them. If he has the guts to discharge an automatic weapon into the face of a child he should be brave enough to stand up and face the consequences in a court of the people he murdered.
edit on 11-3-2012 by torsion because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by blueorder

I don't understand your insertion of "what goes around comes around", as, if in the scenario where a GI returns and kills women and kids in the US, how is that their fault or how did they in anyway deserve it

No one deserves to die because some psycho with a gun and military training was feeling "stressed". I've noticed that its the usual excuse made when an American soldier goes berserk on unarmed soldiers.

Now, read back through this thread and count the number of posts excusing this act as a result of stress.
Then count the number of posts that sympathize with the dead Afghans. What does that tell you?

Speaking for myself, if I knew somebody who got back from a war having purposely killed civilians, I would not want to be anywhere around him.

edit on 11-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed
Personally I'm fragged
As stated my operations in Afghanistan alone equates to 6 different years
This isn't including all the other places I go / have been in those and other years
I keep going for a number of reasons not all of which many can understand
But one of the main ones as I've stated before
Is to make sure its done as right as possible
ME applying My morals and humanity to any given situation and advising from experience
not some zombie product of the killbot factory blindly following the blind
My knowlege my skills my understanding my ethics
So that I and mine can make a positive difference
But troops breaking is going to happen more frequently - hell it's happened to me and I'm still dealing with my ghosts
My 'event' was not aimed at any native or enemy - but at the people who we are meant to trust to lead us
Very VERY few of whom I do

Thank you for your service, and I agree that this "war" has gone on far too long, with very little concern of how these multiple extended deployments can affect those in the field. They remain under tremendous stress, and although there is no "excuse" for what this soldier has done, it's only a matter of time until something like this occurs again. We need to get out, we cannot "win" this engagement.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yep that fine with me dude
As I'm not American either - assumption eh ! Mother of all f**k ups
And maybe because I'm not American I have been in a position of being 'occupied' As you so put it
I've seen war from both sides buddy lets not forget what www. Stands for eh !

Now I do not condone his actions nor do I believe he has any excuses, what he did was wrong
However for some to simply ring the psycho soldiers bell is also wrong
What I try to pervey is that events like these are regrettably inevitable and that the individual responsible can also be a victim of what we often comment about here on ats
So I will have a different view to many of you -I actually know what I'm talking about- as to pun a phrase BEEN THERE SEEN IT DONE IT
Not just what I'd seen on the telly or net .............if that's alright with you ?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

However for some to simply ring the psycho soldiers bell is also wrong

The "psycho" comment in my first post in this thread referred to unstable types like this guy...and the kill team that collected body parts as trophies...and so on.

Many might hail them now as war heroes for killing the "bad guys" with beards and turbans...
but would they really want these guys to move in next door? Or take up jobs where their spouses work....or where their children study?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Danbones
...unforgivable and undefensible about the children

He and his actions will be well defended by the US military court. If the Haditha massacre trial is anything to go by the worst that will happen to this marine is that he will get a pay cut.

It is right and proper that he should be turned over to the Afghani officials and tried by them. If he has the guts to discharge an automatic weapon into the face of a child he should be brave enough to stand up and face the consequences in a court of the people he murdered.
edit on 11-3-2012 by torsion because: (no reason given)

1. hes not a Marine if he was a Marine it would have labeled him as one in the story.

Now back to the thread, I always defend the military personel on this site since I am a Marine I know what they go through, but for this one im not going to be defending him. He had a breakdown and killed innocent civilians its that simple.

He will be brought up on a Article 32 hearing infront of a military tribunial where he will be sentenced to Fort Levenwood much like the people who were involved in the Mai Lai Massacre during Nam.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Xcathdra

Who knows.. Maybe he will get the same as the Afghan soldiers who murdered American military personnel over the idiotic over reaction to the Quran burning?

While I agree it was excessive to kill someone over the Quran, It would not have happened if we were not there in their lands.

Right because theyve never acted violently before when it came to "pictures" of allah or their holy book.......

Do you even believe what you say half the time or do you do it intentionally
edit on 11-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
After their countless propaganda campaigns to vilify people who follow alex jones or david icke, it is the soldiers (gee go figure) who are the most likely to go mental since (gee go figure) they were trained to kill. Do I blame him? No, I blame the invasion. Yes invasion, not liberation or freedom war, invasion. But will things change with Romney or Santorum? No. Only one man can stop this.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I will never agree with one Human denying another the Right To Live, however whose4 idea is / was it to 'Go To War???'.

Take a look at World War 2, 55.000.000 Humans Killed. The Majority were Innocent, Unarmed Woman and Children who sat in their own houses until a group of overhead Bombers delivered their so called Cargo of poxy Bombs.

Think in this case of what this Soldier has so far had to Experience. Think what its really like to have a beloved friend Killed for no given reason and think how that slowly builds up inside such Servicemen and Women.

Note how earlier this week 6 UK Servicemen thought they were somehow protected as they rode out in a Solid Steel Tank. Some Afghan jerk changed all by planting a massive explosive that managed to kill the 6 within the said Tank.

Take a look at how so called Afghan Police and servicemen, who our troops thought could be trusted as they setout to help train them to run their own country. For no given reason these supposed Afghan friends flick the swith and kill their UK / USA Colleagues.

Imagine you are out their watching all this gradually build-up over a given period of time. Suddenly inner emotions swing into action and before anyone can say 'Peace' or 'Stop', the trigger flipped and a group of Innocent Civilians are gone. I can fully imagine how such can really happen and now all I can do is sit back in silence as the Media, the homeland Government voices, other PC users etc. swarm in to slap a multitude of condemnations against one fellow Human being, namely the Soldier who this incident refers to.

Many years back I read how large numbers of American Soldiers / Marines etc. had been highly trained in how to Kill quick and with expertise. These Sevicemen later returned back home , but explained how they somehow found it safer to not go home, but to find a place high in the Hillsides where they could set-up a whole new, lonely home and practically start all over again. They feared going back to continue living with their original Familes, WHY ???? They were scared their Military driven instincts would maybe waken them quick and cause them to attack before having time to think.

Did the Government MoD step forward to offer help and now show their highly trained Killers, how to step down, one step at a time, and return to leading a Normal Life., well Did they ??????? The answer of course is NO.

So everytime we hear of this type of thing happening, Dont slap the Servicemen, Slap their Trainees, namely the so called Government, who could'nt care less who gets Killed.

PEACE, PREVENTION, are 2 words our Government jerks refuse to learn, WHY ????????

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

well, over the last 30 years or so, when have the soldiers
been fighting for their country? It beens pointless wars tht
benefit the rich. They are not fighting for their country, they
are fighting for these wealthy criminals. Country patrioism
is a horrible brainwashing tool

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join