A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 3
69
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Shotgun with a deer slug should do the trick , how many people were in the copter ?


I couldn't see, wasn't thinking of that, the sun was facing it and it all happened so freaking fast.




posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's a video of a student flying a R-22 without their instructor. Is this the type of copter you saw? And after seeing this video I'm inclined to agree with GEL that it was a newbie to flying. Maybe some rancher as mentioned above wants to learn to fly so he can hunt from the air? I live in Texas too and I gotta say ranchers are some of the craziest people I have ever met. I wouldn't put it past them to buy one, ship it out to the ranch and just jump right in without instructions.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to embed this video, would someone post it for me? Thanks,

STM
edit on 3/10/2012 by seentoomuch because: clarification


+20 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


There is no need to get rude here.
You posted a story here for people to discuss. We are all civilly discussing it. Nobody has insulted you or been rude. We are addressing points made and trying to figure out what happened. You made some serious claims that they were trying to kill you, and you want to charge for assualt & battery and that you would shoot them down if you had a gun and the opportunity. Those are serious comments....and we are addressing them.

While i understand you being shaken up....maybe take a break and go make some phone calls to local airports, schools, etc....or see who owns private choppers in the area.

Then go and relax.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Jesus Christ everyone!! Why has everyone jumped on-board the "Kill-em" wagon!! Calm down ok, if you took a chopper out with a gun can you imagine the repercussions??


Chill out gun lovers!

Now back to the details and.................



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ok I didn't realize how small a two seater was until I started looking at pictures online.
edit on 4-16-2013 by Springer because: Removed image at owner's request



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
To me, your description of the events that took place sound less like they were trying to kill you and more like they were trying hard "not" to crash. That type of flying, especially in a helicopter is as likely to kill them as you. I truly hope no one is intentionally trying to kill or intimidate you and/or your family.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That is a eurocopter.


+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I call bs. Surely if somebody experienced this, they would be researching to find what and who the hell it was instead of arguing about it on the internet.

Actually, nevermind. I wouldn't put it past some people. lol
Deet da doo...



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Judging by your story in its full context and the crazy maneuvers they were doing....this person had no idea how the hell to fly. Glad you're okay but I'm sure they weren't 'trying' to kill you and your son.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


There is no need to get rude here.
You posted a story here for people to discuss. We are all civilly discussing it. Nobody has insulted you or been rude. We are addressing points made and trying to figure out what happened. You made some serious claims that they were trying to kill you, and you want to charge for assualt & battery and that you would shoot them down if you had a gun and the opportunity. Those are serious comments....and we are addressing them.

While i understand you being shaken up....maybe take a break and go make some phone calls to local airports, schools, etc....or see who owns private choppers in the area.

Then go and relax.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)


I am incredibly upset and while telling me to calm down is completely understandable, it's going to take me a bit. I am overly sensitive and hyped up, I tried to convey this to you without going off on you. I have not insulted you either, just told you how I feel. It is normal in a situation such as this to make sweeping claims that you feel are equal to what just happened to you against the person(s) who did it. I mean no offense to you.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Ok I didn't realize how small a two seater was until I started looking at pictures online. It was a lot like this
so maybe more than two.


Just one question was the rear rotor in a cowling like the picture you have pasted ? or was it naked, * without a cowling , are you able to remember that.
edit on 4-16-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I call bs. Surely if somebody experienced this, they would be researching to find what and who the hell it was instead of arguing about it on the internet.

Actually, nevermind. I wouldn't put it past some people. lol
Deet da doo...


I am on the phone with friends, on chat with friends, in here replying, and finding out where to call.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


No worries...

Sounds like you need a long hot bath with candles



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Like this?????




or like this?



Or??????? Like this.....





posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


If you mean the round part on the back then no, I do not recall that.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


No worries...

Sounds like you need a long hot bath with candles


I absolutely do. You are right.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Shotgun with a deer slug should do the trick , how many people were in the copter ?


I couldn't see, wasn't thinking of that, the sun was facing it and it all happened so freaking fast.


Is there any chance it was just some idiot out of control that was putting his flight instructor thru a stress test ?

Did his rotor blades ever come close to hitting the ground ?

It seems very odd that someone would purposely terrorize you with a helicopter , unless you are some kind do Gov agent working with secret squirll and morocco moal



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
That is a eurocopter.


It may be a corporate helicopter, its why i asked if the rear rotor is within a cowling. It does narrow everything down as you can now determine the fuel capacity and what local landing zones you may have within the fuel range. But as green said, this does look as

A) Possible Master Alarm
B) Health related pilot problem
C) Drunken Fools (unlikely but possible)
D) If you have been a member of a black ops team, then i suggest you call your commander.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I call..........Flight training.

Autorotation practice and you were in the field they normally use. Or the field the instructor pulled the engine on the student, he panicked and either both or just the student tried to recover (Badly) First thing you learn when learning to fly is what happens when the big cooling fan up there stops......apart from sweating bullets, you gotta land the sucker! Sounds like you may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, rota heads like to show off...............
[snip]
edit on 11-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Okay I called the small local airfield, it's past business hours no answer. Left a message. I called all surrounding air fields that are small, same story.

I looked up flight schools in the area and found nothing, they are all about three hours from me. Should I still call them or is that too far?





new topics

top topics



 
69
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join