It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wow! Um, are you sure it wasn't just some farm boys messing around? Don't get to freaked out just yet! Can you get Air traffic control transcripts in your texas area? It should give you all the call signs that were airbourne at that time, then just google them for the chopper description? May work? Plus, they had to get fuel from somewhere, BP, SHELL, ETC ETC from a local airport maybe? Give em a call they may be able to tell you a rego from the description you give? Hope you both are ok?

link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

First off, I'm glad you and your son are okay.

Second, you have to ask, what is their motivation? If you aren't involved in anything that would merit that, then it'd be just on them and you were a random target for some stupid games.

Glad you're okay.

beez

link   

This is a long shot but perhaps the pilot saw a danger to you and your son? Feral hogs?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Someone could have been learning to fly....

My mom flies helicopters and her and her instructors have sat around and told me all kinds of stories of people learning and nearly crashing....

Or the pilot could have had something physically wrong (like a heart attack or something) with him and a co-pilot stepped in to help and recovered before crashing....

So far, there is nothing that says they purposely tried to kill you.

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

Im sure it did scare you, but I wouldnt jump soooooooooooo far to say they were trying to kill you. That is a mighty big leap to take before ruling out other normal things.
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I felt my life was threatened. That's enough to have someone arrested for Assault and Battery 3rd degree, so yeah.

You do not even know the situation going on. You are assuming they purposely tried to kill you. What if the pilot had a heart attack and it was going down because of it?

Did you call any local airfields and report it? Any local flight schools? There are avenues to take.....

I just dont understand the huge leap to attempted murder....

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

Well,if i was in your shoes,and if i had a rifle,or even a pistol-i would shoot at(warning shots) it if it came back and harassed us further and endangered my child.Bit drastic,i suppose.Stick close to your house and if it does return,get the number.Phone 911.And then shoot at it. (Dont sound like the weirdo idiot flying it has any concern for his own safety,anyway,leave alone you or your child's.)

While I have been contemplating getting a firearm, today has sealed the deal.

link   
From your descripton sounds like the most common type of two seater........Robbinson R22

link   

Rouge Military types - Like to intimidate civilians by their own initiative - if their commanders learned of it they would be in deep trouble.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

Well,if i was in your shoes,and if i had a rifle,or even a pistol-i would shoot at(warning shots) it if it came back and harassed us further and endangered my child.Bit drastic,i suppose.Stick close to your house and if it does return,get the number.Phone 911.And then shoot at it. (Dont sound like the weirdo idiot flying it has any concern for his own safety,anyway,leave alone you or your child's.)

While I have been contemplating getting a firearm, today has sealed the deal.

NO - Please think for a moment - sure you are angry - who wouldn't be - think what would happen ifyou took a pot shot at the military - By all means get a gun but be wise how you use it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Glad you and son are OK. First, look at photos on google...military helicopters. Find the photo that looks like it. Next, google the base phone numbers of the one's near you, and tell them you are making a civilian report/COMPLAINT, and calling the media. Tell them you are calling the media so they will follow through....

Some rogue pilots may misbehave, and their base commanders will want to know. The base will know if it's their chopper based on the time it happened and location. All military flights are recorded on base.

Des

edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Glad you and son are OK. First, look at photos on google...military helicopters. Find the photo that looks like it. Next, google the base phone numbers of the one's near you, and tell them you are making a civilian report, and calling the media. Tell them you are calling the media so they will follow through....

Some rogue pilots may misbehave, and their base commanders will want to know.

Good Luck Dear....

Des

it was not military. her description:

I saw a small blue helicopter in the sky, what looked to be a personal copter for maybe two people

why is everyone jumping to the conclusion of some rouge military person trying to kill or scare civilians?

what happened to a process of elimination first?

further

I watched this helicopter for a minute, then it started to fly erratically, all over the place, dipping down sharply and going up sharply. It started descending almost vertically and FAST, I thought to myself oh #, this copter is about to crash!

sounds like someone was NEW at flying or INJURED and it was about to crash...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yo! Think for a minute..........Guns = Bad.

I know your pissed at the mo, but seriously, guns help no one.

I'm sure you will get to the bottom of this soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Agreed about jumping to conclusions. My first thoughts aren't military at all, but the recent stories about airborne hunting and using helicopters as the platform to shoot from in Texas, as at least one I'd read about this being suggested in. Maybe a couple people decided it sounded like too much fun not try. If that was the thinking behind this crazy stunt, I'm awfully glad they didn't have guns. They sounded dangerous enough with just the helicopter.

link   

Glad you and son are OK. First, look at photos on google...military helicopters. Find the photo that looks like it. Next, google the base phone numbers of the one's near you, and tell them you are making a civilian report, and calling the media. Tell them you are calling the media so they will follow through....

Good Luck Dear....

Des

I saw a small blue helicopter in the sky, what looked to be a personal copter for maybe two people

why is everyone jumping to the conclusion of some rouge military person trying to kill or scare civilians?

further

I watched this helicopter for a minute, then it started to fly erratically, all over the place, dipping down sharply and going up sharply. It started descending almost vertically and FAST, I thought to myself oh #, this copter is about to crash!

Mea Culpa missed the part on civilian chopper. The reason I posted what I did is, my rural area is used for military training and have had them do everything from chase cattle to people.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   

Because realy,if it was a prank,what a dangerous,idiotic thing to do! So easy to lose control,effing around like that with an aircraft,bad enough around adults,but to endanger a kid like that-unacceptable.A warning shot,or the pilot just seeing you point a fire-arm,might make the ass realise his joke stopped being funny.IF it was a prank.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Shotgun with a deer slug should do the trick , how many people were in the copter ?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ill ask again, put aside the trauma, but what type of copter was it. You need to think about it and write down characteristics of it now that its fresh in you mind. Any details that you remember will help.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Someone could have been learning to fly....

My mom flies helicopters and her and her instructors have sat around and told me all kinds of stories of people learning and nearly crashing....

Or the pilot could have had something physically wrong (like a heart attack or something) with him and a co-pilot stepped in to help and recovered before crashing....

So far, there is nothing that says they purposely tried to kill you.

Choppers crash all the time and it is never on purpose....

Im sure it did scare you, but I wouldnt jump soooooooooooo far to say they were trying to kill you. That is a mighty big leap to take before ruling out other normal things.

I felt my life was threatened. That's enough to have someone arrested for Assault and Battery 3rd degree, so yeah.

You do not even know the situation going on. You are assuming they purposely tried to kill you. What if the pilot had a heart attack and it was going down because of it?

Did you call any local airfields and report it? Any local flight schools? There are avenues to take.....

I just dont understand the huge leap to attempted murder....

I will merely state again that I felt our lives were threatened, if it bothers you so much then change it to "I feel like a Helicopter tried to kill me and my son". Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Good Luck Dear....

Des

further

Yes true - Good points - It was I who raised the idea of rouge military types but I could be wrong and often am.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have lived on a number of military bases all over the country....and my mom flies...ive been around choppers for god knows how long.....

while there have been reports of boys behaving badly, as in the video linked above shows...
this does not sound like the case here at all....

the description was not military....and the behavior sounded like that pilot(s) nearly died themselves.....
doesn't sound like they were out to kill or scare someone.....

im just surprised at the "blame the military" or jumping to "attempted murder"....

JMO...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Might I also add that this is a conspiracy forum

con·spir·a·cy the·o·ry
Noun:
A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for an unexplained event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join