It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prison System Is Becoming Big Business in America - The American Gulags

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Hey now I hope you don't think I was ranting against you in any way partner. I know exactly where you're coming from and agree with, hell everything you've brought to the table so far. Nothing against you mon. But yes of course, that's a deal. No hostility intended. I just get worked up when I think of all the crap that really doesn't even have a place in the right kind of world. The world that was supposed to be. But we lost paradise and are left with this crap trap that we have created. Serves us right I suppose. At least I can see that it can't possibly go on.
It will change someday and the extent of that change, I believe, is something no one can even imagine. Paradise
will return.
edit on 10-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

i have a few friends in jail and prison for drug use and wish to god there was another way for them. drug abuse is weakness and pain, not crime. lack of will power is not a crime. i livied in a crack house when i was 17 bacause my mother was in jail and dad not around but had the will and foresight to control myself in that time and others, it could've been different though. TREATMENT NOT PRISON!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

your hopes are right , now you need to spread them with humble grace and understanding

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It really need not. I have had many people offer me a great deal of money to run for office when I made this or that speech that fit into there world view. But then I told them "Oh I very much am a hawk but I'm also pro choice." The fact is I don't fit into anyones political camp, at least not politely.

And you know why, God I hope its because I have a brain.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

It's insane. I know people that drown their sorrows in liquor, myself being one ATM. I used to do more illegal things back in the day, but that is another life for me. People that choose to shed reality with a toke, a line, a needle bad! Those that choose to shed their reality in a bottle, in the idiotbox, in MMORPG, in videogames... Perfectly legal. Even though the sentiment is the same, shed the reality, dive into fantasy.

The powers control the latter, I think that is the only difference.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I don't fall in line with any group think myself really. I believe people should be able to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Back in the day I was what you call a doormat. I would keep my mouth shut if I thought I would hurt someone's feelings. Not so much anymore

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

addiction is everywhere man, girls are literally addited to tanning and are going to be ugly hags in 15 years with skin cancer but we just tax tanning salons an extra 10% for healthcare purposes. it's all a joke. my friend jamie is in prison rightr now for being addicted to heroin..DRUNK DRIVING tickets for almost dieing in a parked car of an overdose. i used to stay with her just so she she wouldnt get hurt or burn the house down with a ciggarette and now she's in a place where she's suffering more and getting no treatment.. AGAIN. F-ING JOKE!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Perhaps you would be surprised at what Americans can believe, or forgive. I was attacked when I was 6 years old walking home from school. By a kid in the 8th grade which would have put him somewhere between 12 and 14 years old. It was nasty. I remember going up to a house naked, and this was in the middle of a Chicago winter so it was friken cold. I was bruised and bloodied.

But before I showed up at there house, my Mom got on the phone and called "The first ' Mayor Daly. And because I was stupid enough to b break off from the other kids, long past the time I was supposed to be home, my Mom started working the phones.Thank God. At that time every police car every fire truck was sent out to look for me. That was just what we expected would happen. we called it "Chicago Power"

It does not matter that I acted like a dumb ass, that I broke away from my friends. Hell I was an a adventure then and an explorer and I am to this day. So friken sue me.

But if you are wrongly accused of such a crime, then fight it! Thats your right.But I can honestly tell you if you had just been labeled as as a " sex crime" suspect in the 1960's, the cops in Chicago would have shot you on sight.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Life was so much easier when I had nothing to lose. I wouldn't trade my life now for what it used to be though. If I fail, then I fail two beautiful young girls, and it is not an option. I only get drunk now, when they are not home, let alone the other crap I used to do. They are my saviors, as much as I might be theirs. They are my angels until I draw my last breath, I can only hope to be the same to them.
edit on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:24:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I wish things were that easy, I really do. But when you see your own community, people that knew you for years turn on you.... it is a wake up call. People that knew me as a teddy bear, cursing me because of what a police force accused me of, and because of how the local media reported it. It is enough for anyone to lose faith in humanity.

Picture being accused of a crime, and having people that believed you were guilty take the law into their own hands. Picture being tortured by people you once thought were neighbors, trying to get you to confess to a crime you did not do. I have to face this reality everytime I go to sleep. People do terrible things, thinking they are doing the right thing. I just hope people that do these things in the name of goodness, have as much trouble sleeping as I do.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Frankly as far as I'm concernedI I don't care what you do in your personal life. Or anyone else of course. This whole issue of any government trying to control the use of drugs or anything that makes people " happy, or better" is nothing short of useless. The problem our limited sense of history some times imposes on us, trust me if enough people want it, they will get it. So why not do what is rational?

Granted. Some drugs particularly some of the poisons being created are just plain poisons,so why not deal with this current problem by making certain drugs legal from the get go? For Christ sake the legalization of certain drugs would do two things immediately. First you would have more money in the US Treasury then we could spend. The government would be awash in money from the heavy taxes on and the fact they would come under the FDA control, so if people what to use drugs? Its their right to do dumb things, but hey this way we all benefit! I would love my taxes to go down despite the fact I have more money then God...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey dude, good for you! being a doormat can get a bit old real quick...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Research: Vanguard Group + CEO + Dick Cheney.......

Vanguard Group "Prisonville"

Lucio and Cheney tied into GEO prison company

WILLACY COUNTY - Vice President Dick Cheney and Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr. are tied to the GEO prison company because they both made money off the GEO group.

The indictment says that the Vice President has $85 million invested in a company called the Vanguard Group. The Vanguard Group has investments in prison companies such as the GEO group. The indictments states that the Vice President has a say in how much money the federal government pays those prison companies to house inmates. According to the indictment, it's a conflict of interest because the more money prison companies make, the more money that goes back to the investors such as Cheney.

As for Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr. the accusation against him is that he was paid to be a consultant for the prison companies and that he made a profit as a result of his senate office.

What a good boys....

edit on 10-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Serco runs prisons here in australia, ! in western australia Acacia, amedium security prison. The prison will get a additional yearly bonus of upto $200,000,00 if they dont have a death in the prison for that year, at least 50% of the bonus goes directly to the warden. also if your in a privately run prison such as acacia prison W.A. your chances of parole is greatly reduced, towards the end of your sentence, they the prison will try any excuse to have further charges (prison charges) to keep you there past your release date. I know this because they tried that on me. and a prison guard told me about the bonus and that each prisoner is worth some $100 grand each
per year.
Hence why the system WANTS YOU IN JAIL. its huge business in humans

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Did Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan get the same sentencing as say a "common person"?????

If you are going to have laws than they should work the exact same for everyone.

1) You are found under the influence while driving and you are to go to a "rehab" (not prison) for 6 months) EVERYONE...........Same state run rehab center.

Addiction is a severe problem - why? That's another thread that would take pages upon pages to cover. In one short sentence, we all know whether we choose to consciously or subconsciously acknowledge it, that something isn't quite right with our "reality"...........someone or a very small group of someones are running the planet at the expense of humanity.

2) If beyond a shadow of a doubt you kill someone - you go to prison for the rest of your natural life period. No time off for good behavior, no other nonsense (I still don't believe in capital punishment or war - death even by state/country sanction is still murder / My own opinion).

There is no justice in the country I reside in, it's all a big farce.

If one does the research on the death penalty in America you find they were poor, most non white and most of average or below average IQ.

If you are a Harvard Grad (and member of Skull & Cross Bones/research that strange group) your chances of being imprisoned are nil - zilch almost non existent, even if you outsource jobs and than steal 2,000 houses from people (which I'm sure results in suicides, addictions to alcohol / drugs and lower quality of family life for the children involved)

Do you all see where I'm going here...........how we all of us are interconnected and what the big $hits are doing to y'all and everyone keeps letting Wall Street sleeping with our now corrupt governments (for this is now global and England's bank is as interwoven with Bank America as Charles is with Camilla).

And nobody seems to know how to stop this or fix it, it just keeps getting more and more unjust.

On track, with the prison system is the ultimate price for prison life - the dead man's walk, the final journey to the hangman's room..............how many have been found innocent after DNA forensics came about?????

I'll betcha a rich man has never been executed.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

In Illinois, the prison population has grown by more than 60 percent since 1990. That growth has been fueled especially by Black admissions, including a rising number of nonviolent drug offenders. Two thirds of the state's more than 44,000 prisoners are African-American. According to the Chicago Reporter, a monthly magazine that covers race and poverty issues, 1 in 5 Black Cook County (which contains Chicago and some of its suburbs) men in their 20s are either in prison or jail or on parole. For Cook County whites of the same gender and age, the corresponding ratio is 1 in 104. Illinois has 115,746 more persons enrolled in its 4-year public universities than in its prisons. When it comes to Blacks, however, it has 10,000 more prisoners. For every African-American enrolled in those universities, two and a-half Blacks are in prison or on parole in Illinois. Similar racially specific reversals of meaning can be found in other states with significant Black populations. In New York, the Justice Policy Institute reports that more Blacks entered prison just for drug offense than graduated from the state's massive university system with undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees combined in the 1990s.

In some inner-city neighborhoods, a preponderant majority of Black males now possess criminal records. According to Congressperson Danny Davis, fully 70 percent of men between ages 18 and 45 in the impoverished North Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago's West Side are ex-offenders. Chris Moore, director of the Chicago Urban League's Male Involvement Program, which provides support services to 16- to 35-year-old fathers in 2 high poverty South Side neighborhoods, reports that the same percentage of his clients are saddled with criminal records. Job placement counselors at the League's Employment, Training, and Counseling Department estimate that half of their 3,742 predominantly Black clients last year listed felony records as a leading barrier to employment. Criminologists Dina Rose and Todd Clear found Black neighborhoods in Tallahassee where every resident could identify at least one friend or relative who has been incarcerated. In predominantly Black urban communities across the country, incarceration is so widespread and commonplace that it has become what Chaiken calls "almost a normative life experience." Source: www.thirdworldtraveler.com... (2001)

"And justice for all."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You Christians want a anti Christ and Cheney would get my vote, a toss up between him and Henry Kissinger.........both nasty pieces of work.

Just research some of the quotes coming out of their mouths.

I'm not surprised, would be like Cheney to profit off the misery of others, he relishes it.

Excellent video. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So at 17 you didn't have a father or mother and that was not fair to you as a kid.

Wonder what you grew up around???

See again, until ALL CHILDREN get a fair shake at having a half way decent life with love and being watched and cared for this prison frap will continue and now that they want to privatize it
They are privatizing it

Oh people, if we really don't get off our arses and revolt we are really, I promise you in for some pretty rough times.

You all haven't seen anything yet..............they, whomever they are, have some evil, nasty $hit in store for your babies and mine.

And I don't see the majority of people fighting it, just going along and allowing this to continue and get worse.

That is what scares me the most.

The apathy and quiet compliance.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This problem can be summed up with one old saying, just wish I could cite it properly.

Prisons are for people you are afraid of, not people you are mad at.

We have it backwards.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I can back you up with one name. O.J. Simpson. Even tho they did finally get him some time. He is a prime example of what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned he still got away with murder and is guilty of crimes far worse then anything Manson actually did himself. However, I also believe it is the blame game that humanity itself takes way to far. Something that began in the garden and still curses us today.

When Adam pointed the finger at his own spouse in a cowardly fashion ? You will notice that at that point God had enough. And the paradise God intended for man to thrive in became off limits. We were kicked out of the perfect world that was our home. Because we were no longer GOOD in the sight of God. But he did not totally give up on his prize creation. Or we wouldn't even be here at all.

I digress.
The point I'm driving at is when man sits in judgement of another man. He doesn't realise it. But he is judging himself. "Judge not lest ye be judged." The truth of everything in the Bible to me runs so much deeper than people are willing to look at or even try to understand. I try to think in those terms very much about it. And it brings me to some great understandings of what we have to endure in this world.

So what do we have today ? A system based on that old cowardly blame game that allows us to sit in judgement of ourselves. What gives any man or any system the right to do that ? I see what God is getting at and it does apply. This is the lesson that mankind needs to learn. This is why Christ came demonstrating that love is greater than judgement. I believe our Heavenly Father sent his son to show us how to live and also how to die with out being a coward.

I'm sorry. this is turning into a rant but I don't believe it is just that we are all connected. I believe we are all connected to and by everything that has ever happened on this planet. So we need to stop the blame game
because what one single human being is capable of, in their blackest of hearts. Every single one of us is capable of and therefore just as guilty. If Christ didn't come here to judge not a single person. Then by what authority
do any of us have to do so. I believe that authority call it what you will is an evil one. The Devil is a liar and the father of lies.

What would happen if we instead of judging and sentencing people for their sin / crimes. We grieved over them and showed them love. I mean no matter how many times they went off and continued. I don't think to many would ever continue. Judgement will come, but it isn't ours to render. Some here go so far as to say there is no death but that isn't true or Gods warning would not hold water.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey now I hope you don't think I was ranting against you in any way partner. I know exactly where you're coming from and agree with, hell everything you've brought to the table so far. Nothing against you mon. But yes of course, that's a deal. No hostility intended. I just get worked up when I think of all the crap that really doesn't even have a place in the right kind of world. The world that was supposed to be. But we lost paradise and are left with this crap trap that we have created. Serves us right I suppose. At least I can see that it can't possibly go on.
It will change someday and the extent of that change, I believe, is something no one can even imagine. Paradise
will return.

Bravo, my friend.

You said a mouthful.

edit on 10-3-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join