It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the offtopic board the "old folks home" of ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for a little over 5 years now (!), and it occurs to me that I find myself reading/posting more and more on the offtopic pages (or what other oldsters will remember as "BTS" from back in the stone age). I also see names here of others with a similar length of time who seem to be posting less on the main forum. So the question comes to mind....is this the old folks home of ATS?

Does anyone else find themselves falling into this pattern? If so, I wonder what the explanation could be. Maybe there are only so many threads about Nibiru and Obama-as-Antichrist that a single mind can absorb. Or maybe its a desire to get to know people here in a more relaxed setting as people, rather than only in arguments. It's interesting. I wonder if there is a psychological explanation for this. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

...just another old stick in the mud...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think you may have answered your own questions. There are only so many Nibiru, Anunnaki, NWO threads one can absorb before they revert back to the latest video games, movies, car wreck videos, etc.

I find myself straying in there more as time passes, it's a lot more relaxed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I wouldn't say its the old folks section... maybe the more down to earth side?

A more personal side? *shrug*

Above or Below?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Silent thunder, what you say? Please speak up, I can't quite hear you and I have an appointment with my urologist soon ya young whipper snapper!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Is that a cell phone in that man's ear?

*Chaplin time traveler reference.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes but it's a very old model requiring you to stand very close to the person you are talking to.

ETA Doh! missed the Chaplin reference.

edit on 8/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
How many more threads can ou tolerate that bash Christians or religion? ... That say Jesus was an alien?...

Wow, the Sun is not where it was 2 months ago?

Or my favorite... Austalia has moved. OMG!

No... I find myself here more and more because here, people actually have a sense of humor... actually rationalize and are capable of critical thinking.

And they posts rants in the appropriate forums and topics.

Actually, BTS can be quite refreshing sometimes.

top topics

join