It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Break = Free Time = Introduction...and beer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I came here in September and have been too busy to do an introduction, though not so busy that I couldn't check ATS religiously. I have a HEAVY load with school, but hope to be able to contribute more in the Summer. I'm an Engineering major, not because I am most interested in it, but because I feel that will be the best/safest option for supporting my family. I live with my girlfriend of 5 years oh and our cat. I'm 20 by the way. ANYWAYS, this community has been a catalyst for researching topics that I am interested in. Hopefully it will provide me with discussions that are hard to strike up with friends and family as those always end in me calling them ignorant and them thinking I am crazy and defensive. Nevertheless, I will get through to them. I feel like this site is especially beneficial to me because I don't fall prey to disinformation easily. I don't believe anything until I research and even then I understand that I can only form an opinion, not a conclusion. If anyone is interested enough to ask a question or two, I will be up another hour or so catching up on Boardwalk Empire.

Thanks everyone

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...buckle up and enjoy the ride......

Here's your Beer....

Des
edit on 7-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Welcome!!! You will love it here. I must admit that it was the beer that made me check out your introduction, for some silly reason I thought you were giving out beer...........hahhaha.

I do have a question though; you say you are an engineering student, may I ask which type?

Welcome again.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des, I have read a few of your posts (I think the last tornado thread) and you seem like a very genuine and caring person. btw, nice addition with the beer lol that's great.
edit on 7-3-2012 by FelixFelicis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Welcome to membership. Hope to see you out there on the boards!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Haha, Thank you. I thought I should have put something in the post about beer, but I am enjoying a Newcastle from their DraughtKeg as my spring break present, since I haven't gotten to drink much due to school. I am in Mechanical Engineering though I would rather be in aerospace. The Aerospace industry does employ a lot of ME's though, so who knows. The curriculum doesn't differ much either.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FelixFelicis

Thank you Des, I have read a few of your posts (I think the last tornado thread) and you seem like a very genuine and caring person.

Fooled another one.......

j/k....Thank You very much!

Des

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by FelixFelicis

Thank you Des, I have read a few of your posts (I think the last tornado thread) and you seem like a very genuine and caring person.

Fooled another one.......

j/k....Thank You very much!

Des

And here I was thinking I didn't fall prey to disinformation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FelixFelicis

Beer? Ah yes...the good old days. Welcome on in and Cheers!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you, everyone's welcomes are very warm.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hello, the beer is around the corner with proof of age. And while your enjoying that ice-cold-mug, please review over these terribly important links in the presentation below...

Welcome FelixFelicis

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

An Easy Way to Upload Your Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the vid. There's something very funny about intellectual reporting on a bicycle bar.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks Johnny! I'd pour you one if you were here...that is with proof of ID haha...but really I'm gonna need to see some ID.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FelixFelicis

Technically your not bringing beer, but I have some in the fridge, so I'm cool with that.

I look forward to your bringing a engineering approach.

Should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you. Admittedly, at this point I would be of more contribution in the math department than Engineering, but I'm learning every day.

edit on 8-3-2012 by FelixFelicis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join