It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I be for Ron Paul, but also bringing down Warlods like Joeseph Kony?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
As some of you may know this Joeseph Kony thing is already hitting the internet hard
www.youtube.com...
this video right now has over 500,000 hits in a day. I watched it.

I am a staunch Ron Paul supporter, but he's basically for no intervention, does this mean the United States would not be helping these children who are being raped, maimed, and slaughtered by this man and his followers?

Would the type of intervention they're doing now, essentially sending some Americans, to train Ugandan troops, and really any other country in this situation be "acceptable" to him, and for us supporters?

I have been very anti-intervention, and anti-war and still am, but when you actually SEE the faces of those struggling you can't help but atleast somewhat question your position. You think about if it was your people, your children, friends etc.

Would America actually be better off, instead of actively going to war in Iraq, they simply have a mission to go into these countries that need training, and train up their troops to 2012 standards?

We have many many things to fix here at home, but are we somewhat, morally obligated to atleast try and help these people? and instead of giving crooked governments money, sending some people on the ground to train these countries up, so they can defend themselves against tyranny?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
ilto.wordpress.com...

And back to Uganda. Uganda is no longer experiencing violence from the LRA. Yes, I said it. It’s an uncomfortable truth, but it is a truth. For about the last year, since before IC hit the scene, Kony and his troops have been pushed into Congo, into the Garamba National Forest there. He’s sick, starving, and on his last legs. For the first time, Uganda is in the middle of real peace talks and the rebels have laid down their arms and are assembling to make peace. Why? This is happening because Joseph Kony was defeated. The Uganda People’s Defense Force (UPDF) has beaten them back and Kony was sitting in Congo starving to death.

Invisible Children was founded in 2004, with the film crew filming in Uganda in 2003. Watching Invisible Children is watching old news. Will watching it alert you to what has occurred in Uganda? Yes, but it will not let you know what is happening there today.

Invisible Children is too late. It has taught us that MTV type media can get university students interested in a world crisis, the problem is it took too much time.

I hope the above isn't true, because if it is, then we are too late, and when compared to the alleged terrors in Iraq from Saddam, this looks bad for the US & UK's real agendas and concerns.

Black and/or African children's best interests have never been in the corporations' budgets.... until now? Something smells rotten with this topic's recent popularity.

edit on 7-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Jibby....wtf. You criticize me 20 min ago about posting about the same topic in another thread....

edit on 7-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Jibby....wtf. You criticize me 20 min ago about posting about the same topic in another thread....

I did? I've just been repeating the same info without repeating the exact same comments. I suggested reading the latest on this guy, no criticism at all. We're all trying to play catch up on this old news I figure... no malicious intent on anyone involved in the ongoing discussion.

No criticism intended my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I love this story. Thanks for sending a whole 100 troops to find Kony.

Insane.
Bullsnip

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

President Barack Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to Africa to help hunt down the leaders of the notoriously violent Lord's Resistance Army.

Was it "troops" or "advisers"?
This story gets more warped and distorted the more I hear about it.

The US didn't-doesn't really care, just because you do does not mean the puppet does.
I'm getting pissed off about the distorted facts. Pretty soon I'm going to hunt down Kony just to put an end to this confusion.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
ilto.wordpress.com...

And back to Uganda. Uganda is no longer experiencing violence from the LRA. Yes, I said it. It’s an uncomfortable truth, but it is a truth. For about the last year, since before IC hit the scene, Kony and his troops have been pushed into Congo, into the Garamba National Forest there. He’s sick, starving, and on his last legs. For the first time, Uganda is in the middle of real peace talks and the rebels have laid down their arms and are assembling to make peace. Why? This is happening because Joseph Kony was defeated. The Uganda People’s Defense Force (UPDF) has beaten them back and Kony was sitting in Congo starving to death.

Invisible Children was founded in 2004, with the film crew filming in Uganda in 2003. Watching Invisible Children is watching old news. Will watching it alert you to what has occurred in Uganda? Yes, but it will not let you know what is happening there today.

Invisible Children is too late. It has taught us that MTV type media can get university students interested in a world crisis, the problem is it took too much time.

I hope the above isn't true, because if it is, then we are too late, and when compared to the alleged terrors in Iraq from Saddam, this looks bad for the US & UK's real agendas and concerns.

Black and/or African children's best interests have never been in the corporations' budgets.... until now? Something smells rotten with this topic's recent popularity.

Very interesting thanks for sharing. I think anything that shines light on people like this is good but I also am weary of our continuing to send our troops into every country imagineable

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I dont know but I doubt this is what RP means by a non interventionist policy

This is the sort of thing a country like the US with its technical know how and technology should be involved in. It shouldnt be sending in troops to do the actual fighting but sending in experts to help the locals do it effectively.

I think they got this right by sending in the 100 advisors, Lets just hope they stay the course and get him before leaving.

I cant imagine RP would reject a country asking for help to catch a man like this

link   

reply to post by amongus

President Barack Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to Africa to help hunt down the leaders of the notoriously violent Lord's Resistance Army.

The US didn't-doesn't really care, just because you do does not mean the puppet does.
I'm getting pissed off about the distorted facts. Pretty soon I'm going to hunt down Kony just to put an end to this confusion.

From what I've read they sent the troops to train their military better.
anyway this topic wasn't completely about this one guy, but how my belief system lines up with something that also hits you morally

link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
I am a staunch Ron Paul supporter, but he's basically for no intervention, does this mean the United States would not be helping these children who are being raped, maimed, and slaughtered by this man and his followers?

It's upto the citizens and charity to deal with their crisis', and according to the above piece, it looks like that has happened. To me, this is no different than what we did with Bin Laden, which I also opposed.

link   

reply to post by amongus

I'm with you.

I'm so tired of trying to figure out this world.......so tired.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Been discussing this here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come join the fun and the new reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
As some of you may know this Joeseph Kony thing is already hitting the internet hard
www.youtube.com...
this video right now has over 500,000 hits in a day. I watched it.

Would the type of intervention they're doing now, essentially sending some Americans, to train Ugandan troops, and really any other country in this situation be "acceptable" to him, and for us supporters?

Why start caring now? The only thing the feds cared about in africa was the flow of diamonds and precious metals. This is not a new story; more like par for the course in africa, sad to say.

Would America actually be better off, instead of actively going to war in Iraq, they simply have a mission to go into these countries that need training, and train up their troops to 2012 standards?

We would have been better off not advocating foreign policy that supported dictators all over the world for the last 60 years. Our own fault for the iran hostages....we installed the shah....our own fault for both gulf wars...we supported saddam....our own fault for the towers coming down....we supported, armed and trained al-quaeda and the taliban (to fight russia in afghanistan, remember?). ..bin laden was a friend from the house of saud....etc etc etc.

We have many many things to fix here at home, but are we somewhat, morally obligated to atleast try and help these people? and instead of giving crooked governments money, sending some people on the ground to train these countries up, so they can defend themselves against tyranny?

The problem is can we fix ALL problems like this in the world? The answer is not a chance. Can we afford to pick and choose? Not really because it looks like we favor one country over another. And where the f**k is the UN on all of this? Being part of the problem.

I think Dr. Paul realizes we can't fix all the worlds' problems which is why he would rather withdraw and take care of america first. My opinion.

Apologies for answering within your post. Had to take it point by point.
edit on 7-3-2012 by dagon because: Adding to post

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Withdrawing our troops from illegal wars and closing our intrusive bases on sovereign land will not spell the "end of interventionism". What it will do is make war a heavy decision again and not something a president can declare on a whim. Congress always could and always will be able to declare war.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Ron Paul voted for intervention..
Here's the Roll Call.

maplight.org...
edit on 7-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

I'm with you.

I'm so tired of trying to figure out this world.......so tired.

Maybe ATS could set up a PayPal account so folks could donate for your travel expenses and armaments. Will you need civilian clothing or military camouflage?

top topics

join