It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
It's not a "kill shot" that so many apparently are hoping for in here.

Yes ... why is that? Why do so many people here hope for a massive flare that will wipe everything out? Don't they understand all the suffering and death that will go along with such a massive flare hitting us? :shk: Everything will stop. Babies in incubators will die. People with pacemakers will die. People who need medication daily will die because their meds won't be able to be made. Massive numbers of people will painfully starve to death because food and water won't get to them.

I don't get the high hopes for a 'kill shot' from the sun ...
It would not cause some nice garden of eden here ...
It would be a painful and death filled hell on earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE: Big sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another major flare. This one is the strongest yet, an X5-class eruption on March 7th at 00:28 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme UV flash:

This eruption hurled a bright CME into space. First-look data from STEREO-B are not sufficient to determine if the cloud is heading for Earth. Our best guess is "probably, yes, but not directly toward Earth." A glancing blow to our planet's magnetosphere is possible on March 8th or 9th. Stay tuned for updates.

From space weather. Seems like we dodged this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

Nice one for finding that.

That pic www.spaceweather.com... is a really good shot!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
WARNING - Time code skips from 2012/03/06 22:24 to 2012/03/07 07:00 The blast peaked on March 7th at 00:28 This part is MISSING!!!

THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE MISSING OR ALTERED DATA WITHIN HOURS OF THE BLAST. On guard!

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mattodlum
reply to post by RealSpoke

You must lose your life to gain life. My old self died, and I'm born a new. I'm just wanting Revelation to be fulfilled. Someday the earth will cleanse itself of the wickedness that is here. Just waiting for that to happen. If you are really interested read Revelation 16. I'm no judge but it sounds like you are worried about it. Remember people and things can harm your body, but they can't touch your soul. The only thing that can touch your soul, is the one who decides if you go to Heaven or Hell. (Plus everything in life is metaphors.) Your pre-concieved notion of what this means was implanted into your mind by society or the "world". Break free of the world, and you have no worries. Here is Revelation 16 starting at verse 7
7 And I heard the altar respond:

“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
true and just are your judgments.”

8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Mattodlum because: Added Scripture

I get it... That doesnt mean i want the sun to " bring it" im mean c'mon im not going to hope to die soon...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As like always, allot of screaming....... And nothing happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

You can watch the flare on Lasco C3 here:
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
Just type 2012-03-05 as starting date and 2012-03-07 as end date.

This one today was HUGE compared to the one on 5th. You get many distortions on the last pictures. Wonder if the instruments got damaged. Also look my other post about the gauges.

Edit: If you play the last pictures in slow motion it looks like its directed to LASCO C3, have to look up where it is now
edit on 7-3-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Anybody has a microwave big enough so I can fit a 42inch LCD and a Xbox 360??? Its all I need really to make it through Armageddon...

Kidding aside yes its big but I don't think it might affect much its probably just going to be a nice light show but as one guy said awhile back keep and eye on the space shuttles/stations when they start taking the people down it'll be close... Make sense too...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So..Anything to get excited about in the next day or two?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeillieN
WARNING - Time code skips from 2012/03/06 22:24 to 2012/03/07 07:00 The blast peaked on March 7th at 00:28 This part is MISSING!!!

THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE MISSING OR ALTERED DATA WITHIN HOURS OF THE BLAST. On guard!

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Wow, really dude? I simply don't understand how people like you have the ability to access the internet to post such complete ignorance...unless of course the library is along your bus line.

But hey, if you put it in all caps people will think you really know something...lol.

And thus, by association, we all are painted with the broad brush that makes us all look like idiots. The fact that majority of people don't bother to point out this OBVIOUS fact means you don't really care, everything is entertainment to you, facts and truth be damned. There is a place for that nonsense, its called glp.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think one thing has been left out which could have a substantial affect on these solar flares and that is that their emerging directions might not actually end up where they have been calculated to end up. Rather we have a wild card in our favor in the dynamics of directional orbits of the planets around the sun. Watch this video, and for the 'gist' of it move to minute 3:40 if you don't have the ten minutes to watch the whole thing. I think we all knew this somewhere in our consciousness, but it would take until this time to emerge.

www.youtube.com...

Or for a even more simple view of the orbit of the galaxy try this

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

As like always, allot of screaming....... And nothing happened
Yet.

But why they say this?

"X5.4 Eruption
Ar 1429
CME/EUVME
Double Wave
Heading toward a
Planet near you"

source(www.lmsal.com...

edit on 7-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
DUN DUN DUN!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The high energy proton levels continue to rise following the strong solar flare from very early this morning.

A moderate S2 Level Radiation Storm is in progress andcontinues to rise. Strong S3 Level Radiation Storm levels are imminent.

The increase in proton levels are a direct result of the major solar flare activity from early Wednesday morning around Sunspot 1429.
source(solarham.com...

source(solarham.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
any CME would have to have been shot from the Solar Surface at the precise latitude as the Earth's orbital plane

or else follow an arched trajectory ti intersect Earth...all-in-all the Sun would be throwing a 'blind shot' into space and the Earth would need to be in a 1/360th position...

a 'kill shot' may happen once in a 10 million year epoch is my guestimate...anyone with a better odds maker stand kindly tell us

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
X5, a killshot? No. Could, repeat could, cause some serious communications issues as satellites shut down or go offline to protect themselves. And there is the remote possibility that northern grids, (southern grids for you in Oz and NZ) north of lat 40, could go down. We will know on Thursday/Friday when it arrives. Basic awareness and preparation is required.

Now the question is, will SSN 1449 throw out a bigger flare as it comes head-on?

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just checked the SolarSoft Latest Events and it tells me it's a X-5,4 ! And it's still raising!! Watch your heads!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Wow, read into things a bit too much? im a video editor just pointing out the fact that the time code skips. Thanks You can due better without the insults.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, this is definitely not a "kill shot" and in my opinion is nothing close to what has happened in the recent past. HOPEFULLY the Sun will calm down as the sunspot becomes more Earth directed.

For those of you throwing around the "ignorant" word.. all I can say is my heart hurts when I say people hurting others with their words.
It just sucks. Everyone has an opinion and just because it is different from yours does not make it wrong. Geez people... have some compassion for another pov.

I don't think anyone WANTS to die... we all have a life span on Earth that does not last. Time ticks away and none of us know when our last breath will be. IF shtf though and there is a massive extinction then at least one could say they didn't die a slow death of cancer or torture.... Just saying. A slow suffering death is not one I would wish on anyone...thats for sure.

For the poster who posted "Power of Spin" video... I watched the videos a few weeks ago....pretty cool stuff imo! Of course some will disagree... but I feel as though what they say is spot on. Mathematics could definitely be where we as a species went wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
heres a bbc horizon doc that aired last night here in the uk warning of such flairs.

bbc iplayer

I haven't watched it yet but will in the next day or so, otherwise I would give you the breakdown...

enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join