It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Vs. Obama, Does Anyone Think About This? Really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I understand that this time of the year everyone pretty much chose their frontrunner, but with all those that want Paul to win, have you really thought about his chances against Obama?

Do you think that he truly has a chance? This race is more or less who will debate a.k.a "popularity contest" and have a real chance at winning the presidency.

If Paul is chosen what do you think he will bring to the table to make his chances higher then Obama's or at least go head to head.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe the truth? No one else will give us that.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No chance

If Obama picks Hillary as his VP then it's game over for the GOP

But of course the Paul cult will continue to be delusional and think that 99% of America wants Ron Paul as president and anyone who doesn't agree with them is a traitor

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Traitor? Not necessarily. Fool??? I think so, yes.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Thanks for proving my point
But to be honest, everyone is like this. They think people who don't support Ron Paul are fools and brainwashed.

Why is it hard for you people to accept that not everyone in America is a crazy libertarian?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ron paul will bring the constitution to the table. Paul's pretty much the polar opposite of Obomba. Polls show paul doing just as good as the others if not better. The delegate hunter (cnn's term) will prevail. Despite media blackouts, unfair debates, electoral frauds on many levels, Paul's support is still growing. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

But to be honest, everyone is like this. They think people who don't support Ron Paul are fools and brainwashed.

Why is it hard for you people to accept that not everyone in America is a crazy libertarian?
Why can't you understand that the O is a lying sack of sh*t? He has sold us down the river at every single opportunity. How can you continue to support him?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

link   
I am not a faithful Paul supporter, however, I will say that he SEEMS to be telling more truth than any other candidate in the running. Also - he is rather consistent in his beliefs, which also makes me sway more towards him. Obama on the other hand has lied to us like the rest of the candidates and also been very inconsistent. He swore an oath to uphold the constitution and he has done nothing but pass on bills such as the Patriot Act. Yes, I realise he is not the sole power of the US government but he should have the most influence seeing as he IS the President and all. Just seems as if Paul is the lesser of evils in this situation. Although I am still not quite sure exactly who my full support goes to as of yet.
We shall see in time, I suppose
edit on 6-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: Small typos

link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ron Paul will present an argument and ideology that is the polar opposite of Obama's. Mitt Romney will present an argument that is very similar. I would hope that people would see past Ron Paul's lack of public speaking skills and hear his message, because Obama is a great public speaker as long as the teleprompter is up and running.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow.... just wow

#1. There are plenty of polls which suggest Ron Paul could beat Obama. Searching for them is easy.

#2. Why would Obama choose Hilary as a VP? Did you miss her announcement last month where she said she was leaving politics?
Source

I wouldnt be shocked to see a future run as President, but there will be no VP spot, no State Department.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

So they can't say your fools but you can say they are a cult...I want Paul to win and I'm part of no cult nor am I a libertarian.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
personally i don't see how romney or paul could lose to B.O. what does obama really have to run on? he can't spew the same lies as in 08, and he certainly cant fall back on his record over the past 4 years, so again what does obamanator have? i can see santorum losing because he is a frickin nut job, and poor newt im still not sure what he's hanging around for. all the hope and change people wanted lays within ron paul, he is the only one with a real plan for spending cuts and his view on freedom and liberty should appeal to everyone. i lost HOPE that any thing will ever CHANGE. OBAMA= OneBigAssMistakeAmerica can we fix it? yes we can, RON PAUL 2012 or romney if need be

santorum wins im moving to canada ay!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Do you think that he truly has a chance?

It depends on the people who are looking at it. Some people will only look at it one-sided, and say no he doesn't have a chance. Someone with that mentality is one who has been brainwashed by the MSM. And you have others who will look at the situation 3 dimensionally and allow room for some reason to suspect that there is a high chance of him winning. We will just have to wait and see how this all turns out.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a fraud, controlled opposition. He has been in the sleazepit for over thirty years. Do you think they would allow him to be there if he wasn't on the team?

He is serving the same purpose Ross Perot did. Most of you are probably too young to remember him saying that the NAFTA treaty would cause a "giant sucking sound". Of course, he turned out to be 100 percent right. He was there to keep any awake people thinking they maybe actually have a chance, when they don't.

Ron Paul is playing the same role. It's to keep us wingnuts thinking that things might change, working within the system, and keep us from realizing that civil war is the only way things are going to change.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The Big Media Cartel has worked very hard to convince Americans that there is only the two party system and if your own party isn't behind you - you may as well be a "third party (dirty word) candidate".

The choice of political thespian/celebrity is based upon the machinations of the duopoly and the money behind the talking heads. Guaranteed this election will be called long before the last American vote is cast. Just like last time. The time before that doesn't count... it was the Judicial branch that decided.

I might be imagining it, but it appears to me that the GOP candidate already KNOWS he will be "the one." And whether Obama gets reelected depends almost entirely on ..... THE MEDIA.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I agree with you in a way, dear friend.
I think "Why would they even let him be in a position to run at all if he were truly this good, and revolutionary?"
I realise he apart of "the team", however as I said in a previous post, I sense he may be the lesser of the evils. Or maybe not. Only time shall tell.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

You can't compare a Billionaire to RP haha, that is actually a bad example very very bad example...Two different principles, your mixing oil with water there.

RP = Being Ron Paul not Ross Perot!

I might as well add, you claim they are a like, in some things that were good yes, but other things that were bad no...
edit on 6-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes of course Ron Paul has a great chance against Obama. He is the only one for real change, like a noninterventionist foreign policy and sound constitutional money. That is what he brings to the table. What does Obama bing to the table? More wars and sanctions. More debt.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

If one were to argue that we can say you know what. Give Ron Paul a chance and lets see if he can really do what he said. You can't knock him until you witnessed it. We witnessed Obama, we gave him a trial, he also pleaded to America that he can make a change. He won his plea became president almost 4 years later its like WTF? I don't see a change. Ok, your fired next...Ron Paul you will be graded on your performance you say this, and that now you need to perform for the audience that you can indeed restore America...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join