It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Vs. Obama, Does Anyone Think About This? Really?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Obamanauts are like battered wives. Been being abused for three years and just keep coming back for more. It's time to break the cycle of abuse.

This, not to mention that they support Obama for doing the same things that they hated Bush for.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luccadeo

Yes, this is exactly where I fail to understand the continued support of Obama. Although I am not an Obama hater, I supported him during his '08 campaign, but I am also ashamed to admit to that nowadays. In retrospect though, McCain couldn't have been much better himself.

Seems to me we're being fed different brands, but they still have that fattening, unhealthy center underneath all of the different colored packaging and advertisement.
edit on 6-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Obama has had everything plus the kitchen sink thrown at him. Paul has never been the target of national campaign against him. All that nutty stuff he has said over the years would be in full public disclosure. Of the Republicans only Romeny has come close to having to had to deal with that kind full on attack being the front runner most of the time and survived. Others who have surged up tend to because people hear just a little and think they like them and then BAM!!! They get the full on treatment and are gone. Paul has been lucky enough to have never surged in the polls and just coasts under the radar. Man those ads write themselves. Has your daugter been sexualy harassed at work? Ron Paul says tell her to quit. Have you ever been to Yellowstone National Park? Ron Paul wants to sell it to developers. Have you been in a natural disaster? Ron Paul says its not his job to help you. And then when they start hitting the college kids with Ron Paul wants to take away your student loans that will be the end of youth support.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Hey mrs.pad, do you have any links? Where paul says any of the stuff you claim is part of his platform. Not that I don't believe it, just would like to check it out.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Ok, now your rambling on and on. Its just a basic yes or no answer. Not a summary on what you think about each one...Especially being that you put in the extra effort to bash on Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Hmmm,

Just because Obama is constantly under the microscope does not mean that Romney, Gingrich, Santorum and Paul are not. The public closely inspects each statement made by each of those candidates, including Obama. They have all been under fire at one point and Paul himself is generally made to look like a crackpot.

I will not go as far to say I am a 100% Paul supporter, BUT what I will say is that I can simply relate to his views the most out of any of the other candidates listed. I will also say that I do NOT agree with every statement he makes, nor do I believe he is the messiah or any other of the extremist conclusions that may be drawn from what I say here.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I understand that this time of the year everyone pretty much chose their frontrunner, but with all those that want Paul to win, have you really thought about his chances against Obama?

Do you think that he truly has a chance? This race is more or less who will debate a.k.a "popularity contest" and have a real chance at winning the presidency.

If Paul is chosen what do you think he will bring to the table to make his chances higher then Obama's or at least go head to head.

Peace, NRE.

I am pretty much politically apathetic, having watched administration after administration both democrat and republican, steadily working together to destroy our nation, while bickering over a hand full of insignificant issues just to pander to their voting block. So, having said that, I am not really a pro-Paul or anti-paul person.

Just looking at it from an objective view; since I don't have a dog in the hunt, so to speak, I do find it funny that so many hard core republican voters and talking heads, keep saying Ron Paul has no chance against Obama, when he is the only one of the candidates in the republican pool that have a chance.

Why do I say that, well it's simple, elections are never decided by hardcore/ the base of the republican or democratic party, those groups will always vote for who their party puts up regardless of how they feel about them; they are in fact "party" voters. Elections are actually decided by independents and swing voters; people that can and do shift their vote based on many factors, when election day occurs.

Interestingly, enough Ron Paul has a lot of support with the independent and swing voters, his only real problem is support from the hardcore republican base. The thing is if the republican party actually puts him up, the hardcore base as much as they distaste it will vote for him anyway, they will do what they always do vote for the lesser of two evils, and ron paul will be less evil; in their minds, then other independents and for them "shudder Obama. And, with hardcore republican line, plus some of the independent voters and swing voters, it will push him over the top and give him the win over Obama.

The thing is, the republican party is going to shoot themselves in the foot, just because of their distaste for Ron Paul, they will probably put up one of the other lame horse candidates; and yes they are lame horses, who will have the support of their hardcore base, but who will turn off many independents and swing voters and end up just like with McCain last time, barely squeaking by in second behind Obama in the general election. Then, we will have four more years of Obama and a bunch of foolish republicans running around blaming Ron Paul and independents for the failure of their own shortsighted and stupid political strategy.

Just, the way I see it. Doesn't really matter to me anyway; I don't have a dog in the hunt, I don't think the republic will ever be saved and I am just waiting for it's eventual collapse.

edit on 6-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 6-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The last thing that RP belongs to is the establishment in the way that Capt/chaos would portray, he has been ignored by those complacent f-ups for time immemorial, and too late then to try to make him establishment. Sure, he is known as controversial and a Maverick, but mostly from his own party and partial media. RP's biggest difficulty may lie in the allegiances that he needs to form a like minded administration.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Wow.... just wow

#1. There are plenty of polls which suggest Ron Paul could beat Obama. Searching for them is easy.

Now that just isn't true...I can't let you get away with that.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

There has been ONE poll since November that shows Paul beating Obama. It was the same poll, Rasmussen
, where I think most the Republican candidates beat Obama. And that one still only had Paul a +2...which is a statistical tie.

But the average margin is +7.5 for Obama...if you take out Rasmussen's poll (which now has Obama winning a +2) that jumps up to a +8.6.

So no...he really doesn't beat Obama in plenty of polls.

<< 1   >>

join