It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother Returned From The Grave

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess everybody mourns differently......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Highgate Cemetary Vampire Hunt Of 1970 > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Twilight has so much to answer for.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

I really like the vampire movies that hammer studios in england made during the 1960's and 70's like "taste the blood of dracula" "to love a vampire" "scars of dracula" "twins of evil" "dracula has risen from the grave" "the vampire lovers" and many more,they're very gothic and extremely gloomy,just like new england and the "bridgewater triangle" where i live...

edit on 9-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That was NOT your grandmother but something else that was giving you this impression. And while I could say straight up negatives/demons playing with you, there is also the possibility it was a cover for an abduction. For they put implanted memories and alter what you do remember.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
That was NOT your grandmother but something else that was giving you this impression. And while I could say straight up negatives/demons playing with you, there is also the possibility it was a cover for an abduction. For they put implanted memories and alter what you do remember.
I know i was awake when i saw her,because the sounds she was making against the glass is what woke me up...

Which is worse anyways?

To know that a demon knew exactly where i was and had the ability to impersonate exactly my 90 year old grandmothers face and body,just as she appeared and was dressed when she was waked and buried?

Or to know that she actually was my grandmother returned from the grave?

Either way,they both represent terrible and horrifying realities...

Maybe in days gone by,when people were buried as they were when they died,without being embalmed and even now where they still dont embalm their dead,lifeless bodies may have been taken over by demons who posessed and animated their corpses and then they were able to walk or climb out of their tombs and crypts to attack the living...Unlikely?...Yes...Possible?...Yes...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
The Highgate Cemetary Vampire Hunt Of 1970 > en.wikipedia.org...
Did you happen to read the link?

From your link

The growth of its reputation, which can be traced through contemporary media reports and subsequent books by two participants, Seán Manchester and David Farrant, is an example of modern legend-building

Manchester's story is full of melodramatic details mirroring the Dracula mythos: the sleepwalking girl; the vampire transported to England in a coffin; a coffined corpse 'gorged and stinking with the life-blood of others', with fangs and burning eyes; his own role as a Van Helsing figure. If he did indeed act as he describes, it can be regarded as a good example of what folklorists (following terminology established by Linda Degh) now call 'ostension' and legend tripping. This means the real-life imitation of elements from a well-known tale, often involving role-playing, and sometimes leading to ritual acts of vandalism and desecration.

Reading the link, I see where two superstitious fools caused a media driven mini-frenzy.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I never thought or said it was a hunt for "real" vampires,i just thought it was a rather unique event worthy of posting into this thread and numerous people did see phantoms and ghosts inside that cemetary prior to the vampire hunt...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Dang!! That would have made me run and keep running.

Have you seen her any since that incident?
The terror i felt is hard to describe and no i never "saw" her again,but years later i answered the ringing phone,only to hear what i believe were demons imitating my long dead grandmothers voice and she sounded furious and vengeful and she knew it was me on the other end of the phone,although i never said a word,because she proceded to scream my name like some kind of enraged monster,i was so horrified that i could not speak...

If this would have happened to me, I would have needed a clean pair of undies. That gave me goosebumps reading.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by jam321
Dang!! That would have made me run and keep running.

Have you seen her any since that incident?
The terror i felt is hard to describe and no i never "saw" her again,but years later i answered the ringing phone,only to hear what i believe were demons imitating my long dead grandmothers voice and she sounded furious and vengeful and she knew it was me on the other end of the phone,although i never said a word,because she proceded to scream my name like some kind of enraged monster,i was so horrified that i could not speak...

If this would have happened to me, I would have needed a clean pair of undies. That gave me goosebumps reading.
Imagine how i felt at the moment i thought she was about to burst through the glass and attack me like a wild animal,which is why i screamed noooooooooo! really loud and thats when she drifted upwards as if taken away by the wind...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The demon part is built into the duality and the tests, before there were some fallen souls, ie, those who followed the wrong side, this was AI, just a part of the coding. In other words, we have to choose, and grow here, no matter how long it takes, get it right so we're a gift to others and would never harm.

Its far worse if your grandmother is trapped into mean, cruel existence and needs to be rescued and set free. Most people go home, and don't regress like that, some may need to repeat tests but most don't regress like that.

It is a horrible tragedy to family above, so much suffering that doesn't have to be gone through and Family work overtime, to try and ensure we start to listen within, and grow.

So its far worse if its a human soul in the tests with free will, who's goal in life was to polish up, shine up their light, and grow bigger, and came into very hard tests, very dense gravity, low frequency.

Don't wish that on your grandmother. Also, that kind of thing is the result of something that someone did to harm another with intent, not just stumbling through life and making mistakes.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It seems to me these experiences are always tied up with just waking up or just going to sleep.
OP you should look up 'waking dreams'. It is quite common to wake up but have the remnants of a dream staring you in the face. Me I saw my mother stood in my bedroom doorway. Then she slowly disappeared like the Cheshire Cat...
. I was seriously freaked till I realised she was very much alive and downstairs in the kitchen..
edit on 9-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
reply to post by blocula

It seems to me these experiences are always tied up with just waking up or just going to sleep.
OP you should look up 'waking dreams'. It is quite common to wake up but have the remnants of a dream staring you in the face.
I have experienced at least 30 paranormal situations and perhaps 1/5 of them happened within the semi-consciousness of falling asleep and awakening,or actually asleep then awakened by them,times when we are at our most vulnerable,is often when these "things" reach out to us from beyond the grave, from other galaxies, from other dimensions, from the past, from the future, from far below us underground, from deep within our oceans and from alternate realities...
edit on 10-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thats a great story...very frightening. Its making it hard.for me to sleep even though im tired and its already12:30 where I live. It also reminds me of a dream I had last night. That was creepy. I might post about it soon just to see what people think

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Right after i screamed noooooooo! and she drifted upwards away from the window,as if taken away by the wind,i was struck with another terrible and very real horror,because i thought she was climbing around on the roof,trying to find another way in...Damn...and i'm rather disturbingly visualizing her animated,blood spattered corpse floating and flying around outside in the darkness right now, watching me through the windows,waiting for me to go outside and i'm scaring myself quite intensely...

edit on 12-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Aim for the head.....
Nah dude you just had a dream due to your Grandma just passing away, nothing paranormal its quite common.
edit on 12-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula,
This is a very scary, cool story! I do hope it was just a bad dream! I recently lost my grandmother as well and have been experiencing weird things concerning her as well.
Now for the no teeth and demonic eyes, and bloody clothes.. THATS VERY SCARY!
Hope you are feeling better!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula,
This is a very scary, cool story! I do hope it was just a bad dream! I recently lost my grandmother as well and have been experiencing weird things concerning her as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Originally posted by Unity_99

Which is worse anyways? To know that a demon knew exactly where i was and had the ability to impersonate exactly my 90 year old grandmothers face and body,just as she appeared and was dressed when she was waked and buried? Or to know that she actually was my grandmother returned from the grave?

The latter would be much worse (besides being physically almost impossible). If we are able to realize something is “artificial”, it should be less frightening than when we think it’s real.

Maybe in days gone by,when people were buried as they were when they died,without being embalmed and even now where they still dont embalm their dead,lifeless bodies may have been taken over by demons who posessed and animated their corpses and then they were able to walk or climb out of their tombs and crypts to attack the living...Unlikely?...Yes...Possible?...Yes...

The real core of vampirism is …. “reptilism”.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by blocula

blocula,
And i saw withered petals from some of her funeral flowers tangled up in her grey hair...And to be honest,i never looked under or around that window i saw her through,or up on the roof either,to see if i could find any of those petals that may have fallen out of her hair,i didnt dare to and i didnt want to even try...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join