It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother Returned From The Grave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana
reply to post by blocula

Pray tell you got this from an actual document or there "IS" a real document involved in your findings. I swear to god I've heard or read something about that meadow before but I can't put my money on it or my finger for that matter.

I provided links about the mora sweden witch trials and about the blocula in my previous post and the first time i ever heard about "the blocula" was in a very good book i bought when i was around 15 "The Encyclopedia Of Witchcraft And Demonology" published in 1959 and for some reason i seemed to have retained a "strange" image of that eternally sunlit meadow where it never rains for many years now,like i can actually see it and perhaps its a real place that exists within some kind of alternate reality?
edit on 7-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Blood? Doesn't it all get pumped out and replaced with embalming fluid?

I think you just had a bad dream.

I agree, you had a bad dream friend. I see the dead, and have never seen a dead soul dressed like your description. Most look pretty much like they did in life at about age 30, without disabilities or sickness. What you describe has been depicted in more than a few horror films, "Night of the Living Dead" comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This ^^^ is what makes me think this is a story, nothing more....people just dont write that way on experiences, its a very odd thing to write IMO (and just my opinion there)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

My wife's Grandparents live in Plymouth. I was there last summer. I am sure I will be back there in September.

Thanks for the link. I never heard of this growing up there. I will check it out

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Heh don't get me wrong..... its there..... in an alternate reality. ~Sigh~ Its not normal knowledge but regardless... I'm gonna have to search for that book. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by blocula

This ^^^ is what makes me think this is a story, nothing more....people just dont write that way on experiences, its a very odd thing to write IMO (and just my opinion there)
The "this" you were referring to is this > Not if she was a vampire and her stomach and mouth were filled with the blood of some person or animal that she just gorged herself with and spilled some of it on her clothes...

My grandmother could have been a vampire,so her stomach and mouth might have been filled with blood,which may have came from an animal or person she perhaps attacked...

I dont see or read anything unreal or fake in that and if i use highly desciptive and visual words to enhance what i'm saying,so what,their meant to give people a better understanding,a clearer image about what i saw and what it felt like seeing it...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

My grandmother could have been a vampire,so her stomach and mouth might have been filled with blood,which may have came from an animal or person who she perhaps attacked...

You do realize that many people are of the opinion that vampires do not exist.
They hold that opinion because there is no scientific proof that vampires (of the supernatural type) do exist.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by blocula

My grandmother could have been a vampire,so her stomach and mouth might have been filled with blood,which may have came from an animal or person who she perhaps attacked...

You do realize that many people are of the opinion that vampires do not exist.
They hold that opinion because there is no scientific proof that vampires (of the supernatural type) do exist.
I realize there were real professional vampire hunters employed here in new england right up into the early 20th century and old graves in new england have been opened by accident and by design and the skeletons within actually had wooden stakes driven into their chests...These things were not invented in hollywood...New England Vampires > crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm pretty selective about what I choose to believe on here... and I've got to say, this is one of those things that I don't believe happened.
Not to say you're lying. After all, I love the way your mind works. A lot of your threads (although I don't agree with a few) really help me to think and consider new possibilities. So yeah, even though I don't agree with some of your conclusions... I still enjoy the ride you take my brain on (so much so, that I always try to read your threads).

Anyway, I don't really believe this story just because of the cookie-cutter horror style apparition. But who am I to say? I've never experienced anything paranormal, so for all I know you're speaking the awful truth.

Also, I've never heard of the "Bridgewater Triangle" before. Definitely interesting, especially since I've lived about 20 miles away from it my whole life and I party right next to it in Avon every Friday night. I'm gonna read into it since I'm so close... maybe even visit some of the more paranormal sites within the "triangle".

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hmm im pretty sure if that happend to me id be still wearing dipers

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

You've taken my brain on a ride just by saying "the ride you take my brain on" what a mind opening statement and all the weird things i've experienced throughout my life have taken me on an incredible journey through the mysterious world of other realities and i'll post another "bridgewater triangle" link again,its where i live > www.cellarwalls.com...

edit on 8-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I realize there were real professional vampire hunters employed here in new england right up into the early 20th century and old graves in new england have been opened by accident and by design and the skeletons within actually had wooden stakes driven into their chests...These things were not invented in hollywood...New England Vampires > crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com...

True, but the Aztecs cut the hearts from sacrificial victims to make various gods happy. Do you really think that the act of cutting the heart from a living person made it rain? Just because superstitious villagers paid a guy to drive stakes in exhumed corpses.... That doesn't prove the existence of vampires.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hi Blocula, sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that a family member you loved and respected appeared to you with such a horrible visage. I know the pain that causes and how it hurts the grieving process. Such a thing happened to me when I was a child and is readily explainable, not paranormal at all, but it still is painful to go through. For me our beloved family dog ran away without her collar and tags on. Weeks passed and we could not find her. My dad finally gave up after hearing that a dog fitting our dog's description got euthanized at the county shelter the next town over. We had looked for her at shelters but somehow missed her. If it was indeed her that got put down, it was ironic because we adopted her off doggie death row at that same shelter. We had only delayed that sad fate.

For years afterwards, I was haunted on a recurring basis by dreams of her showing up at the door. I would be so overjoyed to have her back, but she would go from sweet to this horrible demon thing. She would hover off the ground like you say that grandmother thing did. And she had hate filled eyes and a snarl. I would wake up thinking she turned into a demon who hated me because I let her down by not finding her in time.

But I was just a little kid then. As an adult I look back on two possiblities. The most logical one is that I felt guilt thinking we could have saved her but failed by not keeping in better contact with the shelter. And that was playing out in my dreams. The other possibility is paranormal. Around that time I often saw around the house an entity that sometimes mimicked my mother. Such a thing could have been giving me bad dreams, I suppose. But I don't entirely buy into that when the first possibility is more logical and we know people get guilt induced nightmares all the time.

I don't know what you saw hovering outside your window that night. A hallucination or an entity or a tortured soul? But I know it is a hard thing to live with a memory like that.

I do not mean this in any way of disrespect whatsoever, but was your grandmother in any way even accidentally an accessory or partly causing the deaths around her? I wonder if any part of her remaining energy is working through such a possibility, caught in sone cycle of unresolved guilt feelings twisting it. Otherwise, it's more probable a different entity is behind this. I do think the core of who she truly was has moved on. Anything left behind, if there is anything, is negative energy she shed. Maybe lower level entities feed on or play around with these leftovers the way scavengers eat cast off skins of bugs and reptiles. And possibly use these castoffs as "bait" to provoke negative energies in surviving loved ones to generate and feed upon more negative emotions.

There is just so much we still don't know about the energy we are composed of and generate as living beings or what happens to it when we die. There are many theories in religion, philosophy and even science but we don't truly know.
edit on 8-3-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Shortened it up, too long of a post

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

True, but the Aztecs cut the hearts from sacrificial victims to make various gods happy. Do you really think that the act of cutting the heart from a living person made it rain? Just because superstitious villagers paid a guy to drive stakes in exhumed corpses.... That doesn't prove the existence of vampires.
It does'nt disprove it either and why would so many people over hundreds of years throughout new england,spend so much time and effort roaming the countryside,exhuming corpses,opening family crypts,entering sealed tombs, beheading the recently deceased,employing professional vampire hunters and driving stakes into the chests of something that did'nt exist? Those and other common,widespread practices must have originated from something factual and real...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

They did it because they were undereducated country bumpkins that were superstitious.

The same reason that the Aztecs slaughtered thousands of people to an imaginary god, believing that they were appeasing him, thereby insuring rain would fall, the sun would rise again in the morning and other ordinary things that will happen whether superstitious people do stupid things or not.

If there were such things as vampires, don't you think they would have killed us humans off long ago? Face it, they can fly, change forms, dig themselves up and then rebury themselves by morning, all without disturbing the grass growing over the grave. They hunt at night while we sleep, come in silently and.... Suck all of our blood out of our bodies. How could we not be wiped out in a short amount of time?

BTW: It is difficult to prove a negative. As in... Vampires don't exist. If they do exist, it shouldn't be a problem for you to prove it. At one time, no one believed that the gorilla actually existed. Then someone brought something special to the table, actual proof, evidence of their existence. That is the problem with vampires, no one has proven that they exist. Look it up in the dictionary, they are fictional at this time.

edit on 8-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not that I believe in vampires.

However, they do need food. Don't they? We're their food. Theoretically it might be some rule that vampires would only kill what they need to. Otherwise we would be wiped out, and so would they.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Maybe they farm us like cattle, if they exist. That has been the premise in movies before.

In real life, aggressive, predatory species tend to multiply and eat themselves out of a food source until they have 'lean years', when they tend to die from starvation and disease. It goes in cycles, then the food species multiplies rapidly, after which the predator again well fed, multiplies again. Our species seems to be over-multiplying, in my view because of the distinct lack of a predatory species to feed on us. We have killed off most of the human-predatory species in civilized areas.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

They did it because they were undereducated country bumpkins that were superstitious.

I never ceases to amaze me how most modern people casually and thoughtlessly stigmatize those who lived before them and automatically assume that the people who lived during days gone by were stupid,niave and something less than we are now,which isnt true at all...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I've been following this, and you do make a good point there. People that lived earlier were, if anything, smarter than us now as a whole. But I still don't believe in vampires except the kind that are just self proclaimed, made up wierdos that sometimes actually drink blood... yum, yum.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Maybe in days gone by,when people were buried as they were when they died,without being embalmed and even now where they still dont embalm their dead,lifeless bodies may have been taken over by demons who posessed and animated their corpses and then they were able to walk or climb out of their tombs and crypts to attack the living...Unlikely?...Yes...Possible?...Yes...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join