It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother Returned From The Grave

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I didnt wake up after i saw my dead grandmother hoovering outside in the darkness,while lit up by the lamp light shining through the window,i was already awake,the tapping and scratching against glass sounds are what woke me up,then i saw her...Why would i lie?
edit on 6-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Just to say...

Vampires by regions

Legends of vampires have existed for millennia; cultures such as the Mesopotamians, Hebrews, Ancient Greeks, and Romans had tales of demonic entities and blood-drinking spirits which are considered precursors to modern vampires.

Blood drinking spirits, as in dead grand-mother...

I read an article about Bram Stoker who would have used a vampire like story from a town nearby his to write Dracula. That was years ago and I can't find a link for now... bummer. But it was serious.

Blocula, maybe you saw something that seems to have been seen through time...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It was a dream in the literal sense that I was asleep and having a dream. There was, however, a very surreal quality to it; it was far too *real* seeming. I'll recount the brief details of it: when the dream began, I was standing inside of a house I did not recognize, and I was in a doorway between rooms. The room that I was looking into contained only an old, wooden, ladderback chair. In the chair sat a woman that was facing the wall. I recognized the woman as my grandmother, but I could not yet see her face.

I immediately noticed that she had all of her hair again--that beautiful white hair. In life, she had been completely bald as a result of chemotherapy. I began to walk around the circumference of the room, and I was looking at her as I walked around. She started to turn her head to look at me but immediately stopped and remained rigidly facing the wall. Her eyes, however, followed me. She continued following me with her eyes until I was standing directly in front of her.

When I stood directly in front of her, I seen a look of love and grace on her face. It was my Granny, and she seemed happy to see me. She looked as if she were going to stand up from the chair and hug me. Suddenly, however, her face became engorged with rage, hatred, and absolute malice. There was pure Hell in her gaze, and I could do nothing but stare in disbelief at what I was seeing. I was afraid in the dream--afraid in a way that is hard to explain.

Then, it's as if something in the dream that was just out of my sight called to her and was beckoning to her. I had the distinct feeling that I had just been saved somehow from an inevitable and frightening attack. The dream ended at that point.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sorry blocula, but this feels more like a creative writing piece...

How do you know what demonic enraged eyes look like?
edit on 6-3-2012 by selfharmonise because: Spelling!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Among bram stokers documents,found after he died,were articles and stories about new englands vampire mercy brown,that i linked to a few posts back and mercy brown existed before he wrote his vampire book,she died 19 years old in 1892 and he wrote dracula in 1897 crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Let's hope the people found turned in their coffins were not in a coma looking like death, only to find themselves buried and dying soon after...

When my father-in-law died, his oldest son went home to get some papers, and he found his dad's chair turned toward the TV set, as he used to do when still alive. Yet, the chair had been put under the table before leaving to the hospital and mostly, his son was a total unbeliever in any kind of spiritual after life.
He was shocked when he was back at the hospital.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Unfortunately,in the past people were actually buried alive and so often that they used to sell coffins that had ropes or thin chains inside that were attached to bells up on the surface,so if someone woke up in their grave,they could ring the bell,imagine hearing one of those bells ringing while walking through a cemetary late at night...Damn...Safety Coffins > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

Legends of vampires

Yep, legend and folklore have existed for a long time. I agree... Today we have legends of the boogie man. Monsters under the bed, alligators in the sewer....

Blood drinking spirits, as in dead grand-mother...

My grandma has been dead for several years now...She has never once tried to suck any ones blood.

I read an article about Bram Stoker who would have used a vampire like story from a town nearby his to write Dracula. That was years ago and I can't find a link for now... bummer. But it was serious.

So he considered using a local myth....Good for him. Who ever would have thought about writing a book based on a myth?

Blocula, maybe you saw something that seems to have been seen through time...

Honestly, My money is going on either this is completely made up and nothing, or it was just some weird dream....I am putting the majority of my money on the former though...

Also,before anyone jumps in and calls me some kind of non believer...I would like to make it know, I do believe in other things... I just have done the research for myself. Investigated for myself... found answers for myself.

Hey, maybe I am wrong. Maybe the OP saw their dead grandmother come back from the grave as a vampire....But....I don't think I am.

Anyway, no more of this thread for me... I sense from the OP no real wanting to discuss or come up with any real answer...Just that it has to be what they say and they will ignore any other suggestion.

So, peace and love to all.

edit on 6-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I agree that what blocula saw was probably not a vampire, but I wouldn't rule out some kind of spiritual manifestation.

The question is why was ( is ) it angry at blocula...

No idea, blocula?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

I agree that what blocula saw was probably not a vampire, but I wouldn't rule out some kind of spiritual manifestation.

The question is why was ( is ) it angry at blocula...

No idea, blocula?
Was a demonic entity impersonating my grandmother?...Probably...

Was my grandmother allowed to visit one person before she was taken to hell,as punishment for something terrible she may have done before i was born and she chose me?...Maybe...But i hope not...

Was she a tulpa,a psychic thought form that i unknowingly projected out from within my subconscious mind?... Thats another possibility...

Was she a holographic projection?...By aliens?...From where?

Was she,is she a real vampire?...Unlikely...But still possible...

Was she a dream?...No...I wasnt asleep when i saw her...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What a scary experience for you, although I do have doubt in my mind that this was real, it sounds like a dream. I say this because over the years I have seen many spirits (one of whom was in a motorbike crash) and I have never seen them with blood on, or wounds or screeching etc.

This is either a dream, or a story. I cannot fathom why your Grandmother would come to see her grandchild all bloodied up with mouth wide open, toothless and screaming.

How did she pass, if you dont mind answering? If she passed in her sleep, or from an illness, then I would have to go with dream.

If a Demon appeared as your grandmother..well, I dont know what to think of that, I just edited this because you are saying that it wasnt a dream, that you were awake. Sometimes, we think we are awake when we are alseep...I have vivid memories of a nightmare about the 3 Bears from when I was small. Even today, I remember this and it feels so real, because they were in my house, on top of the porch outside my window, and generally scaring the bejesus out of me. But my rationality takes over, and tells me, I must have been sleeping, even though I remember running downstairs away from them. Our minds can play tricks on us for sure.

edit on 6-3-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by blocula

This is either a dream, or a story. I cannot fathom why your Grandmother would come to see her grandchild all bloodied up with mouth wide open, toothless and screaming.

How did she pass, if you dont mind answering? If she passed in her sleep, or from an illness, then I would have to go with dream.

If a Demon appeared as your grandmother..well, I dont know what to think of that
Life wasnt very nice to my grandmother...

When she was around 20 one of her sisters fell through the ice of a pond they were both skating on and never resurfaced until the firemen dragged her lifeless body out of the cold water...

When she was around 50 one of her other sisters was hit and killed while backing her car out of my grandmothers driveway...

When she was around 60 her mother fell down the stairs and died...

When she was 65,just before i was born,her husband started having chest pains in their bed next to her and she managed to get him into their car and as she was driving down the street to the hospital,which was only a mile away,he collapsed onto her dead and she didnt say a word to anyone for over a month until i was born...

When she was 78 she was pulled over by her dog that she was walking and broke her hip and her wrist...

When she was 80 she got cataracts in both eyes and was operated on to remove them...

When she was 82 her 59 year old daughter died,her only child and my grandmother collapsed onto her dead body during the wake...

When she was 85 she had a heart attack but lived and soon after the visitng nurse let in two jehova witnesses who were knocking at the door and they told my grandmother she was going to die and go to hell if she didnt buy their books...

When she was 90 she fell down from another heart attack and broke another hip and died of yet another heart attack during surgery...

The time i heard her angry voice screaming my name on the land line phone,whatever or whoever it was "knew where i was" "knew my name" "knew how to manipulate our phones internal mechanisms to make it ring" and "it was exactly my grandmothers voice" there were a couple of other people with me when i answered that call and i ended up throwing the phone across the room and it landed near them "and they heard her as well"...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'd be willing to be that 'your vampire grandmother' was really something you ate for dinner that wasn't digesting well and it set off your dreams, or perhaps you had one too many beers with shots of whiskey before going to bed. Seriously ....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have to ask...what part of Massachusetts are you in? I grew up in Worcester.

Another thing...I think you had a dream too. I have had things like this happen to me, and they seem quite real, and are rather scary because we believe we are awake.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
you might've had a sleep paralysis spiced up with some hypnagogic hallucinations.
line #2.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Blood? Doesn't it all get pumped out and replaced with embalming fluid?

I think you just had a bad dream.

No you do not have to have embalming fluid put into the body.

that is for those who think that their body should not decompose.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Unfortunatly, I believe everything you are saying because I expirienced something similar with my own grandfather. He died in 1999. Some months later my mother went to talk to a medium to ask about his money that nobody seemed to be able to find. That medium said he got in touch with my grandfather and that he was going to come back one more time to show us where he had left his money.
We didn't really believe this and tried to forget about it. What never really works because there is an unsolved question.
Several years later, I think it must have been 2008, one morning around 8 am when I was driving home from work (I work nightshifts) I saw my grandfather physically standing next to the (busy) road staring at me as I was passing in my car. He just stood there! Only moving his head while his eyes folowed me. And I shall never forget what I saw/felt coming out those eyes! It was pure demonic,evil. At the same moment I heard his voice shoting at me:' don't look at that, it's not me anymore!' But nevertheless, I got really frightened. And although I was tired, I was also really awake! Up untill this day it's really difficult for me to think about my grandfather and not remembering this as well. Over the years I tried very hard to forget it, but what came out of those eyes, I can not forget. When I talked to my mother about this she told me she saw him standing next to the road ( a diffrent road as where I saw him) the night before I saw him, and he also stared at her with those dark eyes!
And another weird thing is that he was cremated, so there is no physical body of him anymore!

I really wish I didn't had to see this. For a very long time after this I was scared in the dark, what is a bit of a problem when you work at night. And I hope that you will do better in trying to forget this, because it also ruins all the happy memories that you share with your grandmother. And just as your grandmother, my grandfather had some painfull emotionel difficulties in his life. So at the moment I have the theory that when a person dies the unsolved lower and darker energies of that person stay on earth, and that the rest of the personality crosses over to the Light.

I hope somebody that reads this does have the answer and wants to post it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Jezus, do you want us all to have horrible nightmares
? Anyways, you were awake right? I had one of my cats who just died come back to me alive and all. I suddenly woke up to him being on my bed and it took me a split second to realize that that wasn't possible (he was already taken away to the animal crematorium). I also touched him...he was way more silky and fatter than in live.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by blocula

I have to ask...what part of Massachusetts are you in? I grew up in Worcester.

Another thing...I think you had a dream too. I have had things like this happen to me, and they seem quite real, and are rather scary because we believe we are awake.
I live in plymouth county,on the south shore and i actually live within part of the infamous "bridgewater triangle" and i have my whole life and that may play a part in explaining the wide variety of paranormal activity that i've experienced ever since i can remember...The Bridgewater Triangle > www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amar11

i own and have read two very interesting non-fiction books..."The Guide To Phantom Hitchhikers" and "Phone Calls From The Dead" and as i mentioned in an earlier post,i received a phone call from the dead,from my grandmother,or something evil that was impersonating her...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join