It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother Returned From The Grave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

And just imagine the chilling possibility that some of the people we see and talk to from day to day could actually be ghosts and we dont even realize it and people have suggested the bizarre possibility that we are ghosts and when we die we transcend into the real world,perhaps the fourth dimension, where the ghosts we see reside and thats how they are able to levitate and move objects,pass through walls and windows and float in the air...

edit on 6-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I recalled something today about this terrifying incident that i didnt mention in my opening post,when i was awakened by the tapping and scratching against glass sounds,then opened my eyes and saw my dead grandmother hoovering in the air through the window looking at me,i remembered that i screamed really loud saying nooooooooo! and thats the only time i've ever screamed about anything in my whole life and as i screamed,thats when she floated upwards out of view,as if taken away by the wind...

edit on 6-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sorry about the death of your grandmother. Thanks for sharing here. I think others have had the same or very similar experience.

I have had a similar experience and therefore I have a very specific question. This may seem a bit strange, but I have a reason for asking.

How would you (being as honest, detailed and accurate as you can be) describe the relationship your grandmother had with her children, particularly the child she gave birth to, who is your mom or your dad?

How would your parent describe her as a mother?

What was the relationship like -- not necessarily before she died, but in general and throughout most of her life.

Thanks for sharing - JANA
edit on 6-3-2012 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I just want to say that I definitely believe you aren't here to feed us lies as some claim. I have been through too much paranormal to discredit another person seeking the truth of reality and possibility, hence my signature. Thank you for sharing your story, every true story a person shares is a nail in the coffin of the belief that the spiritual realm does not exist. I believe that what you have seen and heard was not your grandmother but a demon imitating with the intent to intimidate you. Years ago my younger sister saw me leaning on the doorway facing her with one arm up against the door frame dressed all in red, a red sweater and red pants, she knew it wasn't me because I had just left the room to use the bathroom and I wasn't wearing ANY red at all that day and as soon as I was walking upstairs to get back to my room she came to me scared and told me what she saw. Obviously it wasn't me, it wasn't my spirit, it wasn't my soul. It was something else. I think that there is so much about the spiritual realm that people are not willing to learn about, and that is too bad, but with more and more people being honest about their experiences, and with a desire to understand the world and life we live, we can put the pieces of the puzzle together because ignorance stinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
reply to post by blocula

I just want to say that I definitely believe you aren't here to feed us lies as some claim. I have been through too much paranormal to discredit another person seeking the truth of reality and possibility, hence my signature. Thank you for sharing your story, every true story a person shares is a nail in the coffin of the belief that the spiritual realm does not exist. I believe that what you have seen and heard was not your grandmother but a demon imitating with the intent to intimidate you.
I would'nt lie to myself or anyone here at ats about what has happened to me,what would be the point of lying and what would i gain? and yes i also think that it was "something" impersonating my grandmother,the same something that imitated her enraged voice yelling my name that i heard on the phone...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12
reply to post by blocula

How would you (being as honest, detailed and accurate as you can be) describe the relationship your grandmother had with her children, particularly the child she gave birth to, who is your mom or your dad?

How would your parent describe her as a mother?

What was the relationship like -- not necessarily before she died, but in general and throughout most of her life.

I should clear something up,my grandmother who i saw through the window and heard over the phone after she died was my great grandmother,so even though she was actually my great grandmother,we still called her grandma,or gramma i should say,so as not to confuse her with my mothers mother who we called nana.I called her my grandmother in my threads headline,not my great grandmother,but either way,i really saw and heard her after she died...

Me,my mother,my mothers mother,my nana and my nanas mother,my great grandmother,all had a friendly,open and loving relationship together,but as i said,life wasnt very nice to my "great" grandmother...

When she was around 20 one of her sisters fell through the ice of a pond they were both skating on and never resurfaced until the firemen dragged her lifeless body out of the cold water...

When she was around 50 one of her other sisters was hit and killed while backing her car out of my grandmothers driveway...

When she was around 60 her mother fell down the stairs and died...

When she was 65,just before i was born,her husband started having chest pains in their bed next to her and she managed to get him into their car and as she was driving down the street to the hospital,which was only a mile away,he collapsed onto her dead and she didnt say a word to anyone for over a month until i was born...

When she was 78 she was pulled over by her dog that she was walking and broke her hip and her wrist...

When she was 80 she got cataracts in both eyes and was operated on to remove them...

When she was 82 her 59 year old daughter died,her only child and my grandmother collapsed onto her dead body during the wake...

When she was 85 she had a heart attack but lived and soon after the visitng nurse let in two jehova witnesses who were knocking at the door and they told my grandmother she was going to die and go to hell if she didnt buy their books...

When she was 90 she fell down from another heart attack and broke another hip and died of yet another heart attack during surgery...

So i can understand how her spirit/soul may have been angry at the world and might have chosen to take it out on me and i was staying alone in the house she spent over 50 years in soon after she died...

I heard her voice over the phone years after she died when i was in a different house...

And that time i heard her angry voice screaming my name on the land line phone,whatever or whoever it was "knew where i was" "knew my name" "knew how to manipulate our phones internal mechanisms to make it ring" and "it was exactly my grandmothers voice" there were a couple of other people with me when i answered that call and i ended up throwing the phone across the room and it landed near them "and they heard her as well"...
edit on 7-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You should just celebrate the fact that you are young. I can tell you are from the way you write. The things you tell about your great-grandmother going through are very common to really old people who have gone through a lot ot life.

My dad, who has been dead for 16 years now, died at 75 after a hip replacement surgery from a blood clot. He also had emphysema and suffered from a lot of other injuries along the line. He's not the only one in the family either. My point is, we all go there as we get older.

I had a similar thing happen to me after my grandfather died of lung cancer in 1980. He had these eyes that I can't even bear to think about now and teeth like one of those deep sea angler fish. I know it wasn't him. He was a loving, kind if not stern man. He would never do anything to harm any of us.

I am sure what you saw was not your great-grandmother. You can rest in that. Don't even give it a place in your mind to fester.
edit on 3/7/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Okay Blocula I will share my experience and one I am experiencing right now which kind of scares me for some odd reason although "Thanks to certain Spiritual Barriers I have put in play on my house because I'm a paranoid son of a gun it remains to be seen that said spirit I am dealing with isn't evil." regardless here I go.

At one point in time I was going to my refrigerator and as I opened the door to my fridge to get some food out I heard my real life name being called from the nearby couch. I turned and my mom was half way asleep and I saw a girl or maybe it was a woman with rotting flesh.... her face was literally melting and she was reaching towards my mother. When I saw her she stopped and vanished. I was paralyzed in fear... and when I asked my mom if she heard my name being called she said yes she had. To boot she heard it and it sounded like it was coming from outside of my house. No one was outside. Unfortunately she didn't see what I saw. But a couple of years later that same voice came back to me calling my name. It has since never happened again.

Now then... for another one of my experiences and I don't know if you can believe this one but I have helped someone with an experience of a demonic or paranormal kind of tone online. I instructed them with how to feel and deal with the entity that was bothering them by instructing them to say a few words and to let me help with my special abilities / talents. That entity has never bothered him or his family sense and to boot I gained knowledge and a sense of reward for helping him that can only come with a feeling of love.

Now to what is plaguing me that isn't so bad but is kind of creepy is I have a spirit of a long dead great grandfather that hails of Ireland Decent and apparently I am of his blood line according to my friend who succeeded in talking to his dead soul. He's interested in my mother bi polar condition and does not like I look like someone he knew in real life. To boot his soul moves like that of a Wizard according to my friend. Even now I can feel him beside me and although it is kind of unnerving I think its because of what I'm reading. Regardless all I feel is an affectionate head ruffle. According to my friend he died in his 30's. His name was Will and he wears old armor with horns. If this is true then my life is taking a nose dive because I'm plagued constantly by past memories of old lives. Anyway I've derailed the topic with my own experience but if you wish to talk with me go ahead and U2U me. I'll go into more detail and see if I can't help you.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Rishiana because: Used the wrong word

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Did they bury your Great-grandmother in a pet cemetary?

Stephen King's 'Pet Sematary'.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by blocula

Did they bury your Great-grandmother in a pet cemetary?

Stephen King's 'Pet Sematary'.

No,she was buried with her mom and dad in a regular human cemetary...

Even when i was young i knew that my "great" grandmother was of a fast dying breed,she was as tough as nails and still had within her that pioneer spirit of our ancestors and i can still see her now,shoveling snow from her long driveway when she was about 70 years old,when i was around 5...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Dude... this is funny but a horrible thing to say to a person who is scared / grieving. You should be more considerate of others feelings. I mean really....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana

Dude... this is funny but a horrible thing to say to a person who is scared / grieving. You should be more considerate of others feelings. I mean really....
Maybe it is a fictional story too, that has been discussed here already.

I didn't really mean it to be humorous, I was alluding to the fact that it seems a lot like that story......

I mean, face it, the chances of an embalmed 90+ year old woman digging herself up out of one of the coffins that are used nowadays? pretty much zero. I say if the OP experienced it, it was a hallucination.
edit on 7-3-2012 by butcherguy because: coofins? wth is a coofin? I fixed me spellin'

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by DaTroof
Blood? Doesn't it all get pumped out and replaced with embalming fluid?

I think you just had a bad dream.
Not if she was a vampire and her stomach and mouth were filled with the blood of some person or animal that she just gorged herself with and spilled some of it on her clothes...
edit on 5-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Riveting tale, Chap

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

Originally posted by DaTroof
Blood? Doesn't it all get pumped out and replaced with embalming fluid?

I think you just had a bad dream.
Not if she was a vampire and her stomach and mouth were filled with the blood of some person or animal that she just gorged herself with and spilled some of it on her clothes...
edit on 5-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Riveting tale, Chap
And the dirt i saw on her clothes as well as the blood,both of which were not there when she was buried in those clothes,might be explained because she may have had to chase,or swoop down from the sky upon and then wrestle and fight the person or animal she was attacking,it is a possibility...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

True and I apologize I didn't look at the link. But regardless weird things happen in life all the time. We never can tell if they are real or what or hallucinations unless we gain courage to face our fears and look. Btw there is something known as Stephen Kings Pet Cemetery and I knew it as a metaphor.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

True and I apologize I didn't look at the link. But regardless weird things happen in life all the time. We never can tell if they are real or what or hallucinations unless we gain courage to face our fears and look. Btw there is something known as Stephen Kings Pet Cemetery and I knew it as a metaphor.

Really think about it,what are hallucinations anyways? Temporary windows or doorways that are opened upon realities that exist all around us just beyond our visible spectrum,which we are able to glimpse upon during certain unexplainable conditions still beyond our understanding?

When we talk to god its called praying...When god talks to us its called schizophrenia...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It was a real cool story until you started talking about her being a vampire.. I think you just have an obsession with vampires, hence you name blocula-- (dracula)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Really think about it,what are hallucinations anyways? Temporary windows or doorways that are opened upon realities that exist all around us just beyond our visible spectrum,which we are able to glimpse upon during certain unexplainable conditions still beyond our understanding?

When we talk to god its called praying...When god talks to us its called schizophrenia...
You make some points that are hard to argue with, like unseen persons talking to you being called schizophrenia...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
It was a real cool story until you started talking about her being a vampire.. I think you just have an obsession with vampires, hence you name blocula-- (dracula)
Blocula has nothing to do with vampires.I had trouble coming up with an original user name,so i thought of one i considered rather unique,blocula...

Blocula is a word taken from court records,of statements spoken by numerous children during the witchcraft trials that were held in mora,sweden in 1669 and those children said that the devil materialized through the glass of their bedroom windows and flew them away through the sky to an eternally sunlit meadow "the blocula" where they could see no end,where it never rained and in that meadow there was a cottage where the devil,witches and those children ate food,drank wine,danced and celebrated the balck mass...

Mora Witch Trial > en.wikipedia.org...

Sweden-The Blocula > bookdome.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Pray tell you got this from an actual document or there "IS" a real document involved in your findings. I swear to god I've heard or read something about that meadow before but I can't put my money on it or my finger for that matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join