It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Tuesday 2012: Information and Results Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Newt wins Georgia

45% Newt
26% Romney
20% Santorum
6% Paul

Winner take all state. BUT it is a CNN projection

edit on 6-3-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

It is his home state, it looks like it has about the same stats as it did at 2pm EST
Ge orgia primary polls find Newt Gingrich still a favorite son

GA Primary 2012: Newt Gingrich Vows Win In Home State

Georgia Primary 2012 Outlook: Newt Gingrich Looks For Super Tuesday Win In Home State

So this looks pretty consistent for what people thought. Rigged? Eh maybe, but probably not much enough to make a difference.

This article makes an interesting point-- the person who gains most from the Gingrich win is Mitt Romney. I probably agree with this, because I think anyone who would vote for Gingrich have Paul as their second choice, so that may be correct...
Newt Gingrich on Super Tuesday: Time for a (third) resurgence?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I dont have CNN going live right now, but they are saying that on RevPac too....Even tho 0 votes are in.
It's really not surprizing if/when Newt wins Georgia, but projecting at 0% in??

This is what is showing on CNN's website as of 6 minutes ago:

edit on 6-3-2012 by Wookiep because: oops 6 min ago?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm not going to trust the damn CNN projections they just had on the ticker that voters 18-29 is Gingrich 27% Paul 27% Santorum 22% Romney 22%....Something is up with the numbers and percentages from CNN the mistakes are becoming more blatant...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Right, because most college kids are so on fire for Gingrich.
yeah, something stinks about that!
edit on 6-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah I noticed that the percent they are showing is similar to other predictions made a few days ago and earlier today as well. BUT I at least think it is plausible for Gingrich to do well there. Do I think the gap is that large? no. Do I think that they should tell us who won with no one voting yet? no.

If we are lucky though, this will be his only state and he can have it for all I care... When he doesn't continue the race I have at least some confidence that his delegates may just wander over to the Paul campaign. Well I can hope at least

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How can they call Virginia? There are two people on the ballot, and the gap isn't miles away... with only three percent of the vote in??

I mean for the other states they kep saying they don't have enough information. They say that, yet they believe three percent will constitute as enough for a win for Romney.

Then they go on to say just now that resources come so large into play... That may be true but if Romney has like ten times more money than Paul, how come he can only pull off (a projected and possible rigged) 10 PERCENT lead over Paul? Bologna.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm, Georgia, Virginia win already? CNN Hoax bin...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So far we got
gingrich won georgia a lot of delegates
and
romney has won
virginia
vermont.. paul second

Anything new>?
edit on 6-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Updated to 7 PM from 5 PM, Gingrich still wins Georgia with 0 votes.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

^^^I think that is official from here on out anything CNN is a HOAX and shall be removed to the bin....This is laughable i want to hear these guys make their speech already...They are going to sugarcoat it sooooo good.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

So Paul is a close second then right?

Media reports: "Newt Gingrich wins. Second, there is a huge gap between Romney and the other candidates, but Santorum still has a chance."

(I made that up jsyk)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The elections are rigged.
They decided it was Romney's and now everything has to be made to fit that.
He'll just barely get the nomination or something then he'll lose in a landslide.
Then we can all go wooohoo like we did when Obama got elected, except it won't be 54% woohooing, it will be more like 20% and everyone else will be buying guns and ammo.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The one day I get stuck at work...arggg.

Looks like there are already some called...heard it on the radio on the way home Gingrich wins Georgia and Romney wins VA.

Interested in OH and TN.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Called? Yeah, but with less than 5 percent of the vote in for nearly all of the ones they called. They are just "projected" results.

But you know that, I am positive.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You mean the results aren't in yet

Can we predict them?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul needs to run 3rd party.
The Revolution can't be over. It just can't be.
Because if it is, we're headed for one like we don't want.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It makes sense to project a winner even at 0%. Every poll is showing Gingrich taking the state easily with almost 50% of the vote and the next closest candidate with about 25%. With results like that one can quite confidently project at 0%. As for Virginia I'd say you could also make a pretty accurate projection of Romney taking the state with only 3% of the vote reported. Every poll is showing Romney being about 40 points higher than Paul. In order for these projections to be so wrong there would have had to be a large problem with the methodology behind them which is very unlikely considering the accuracy they've had in other states.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

In order for these projections to be so wrong there would have had to be a large problem with the methodology behind them which is very unlikely considering the accuracy they've had in other states.

No actually they are getting caught slipping, their methodology of how they are doing these percentages is failing them. It is a very large problem especially when it becomes obvious...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Wookiep

It makes sense to project a winner even at 0%. Every poll is showing Gingrich taking the state easily with almost 50% of the vote and the next closest candidate with about 25%. With results like that one can quite confidently project at 0%. As for Virginia I'd say you could also make a pretty accurate projection of Romney taking the state with only 3% of the vote reported. Every poll is showing Romney being about 40 points higher than Paul. In order for these projections to be so wrong there would have had to be a large problem with the methodology behind them which is very unlikely considering the accuracy they've had in other states.

No need to vote, we have taken some polls...everybody go home. And we know it works because all the States cheat in the same way, it's the tried and true method of democracy. Yay, stats are fun.
edit on 6-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Yeah...called...projected...same thing.

And I don't know the exact cut off...but if the exit polling is at a large enough margin...they just project it when the polls close.

They do it at their own risk...they have been wrong before and look foolish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join