It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! - A REAL Lunar Anomaly?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

A great man once said, if 98% of a phenomenon can be explained, where does that leave the 2%.

Personally I think is likely part of the 98%. I'm thinking a camera glitch but in the absent of proof my opinion is willing to be swayed.

ALS

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Sigh, so eager...

To me, it is imaging artifact. If you had looked round the general area, there are plenty of these things, it just happens that the one in the V formation is following the shape of the brightness on the crater rim.

If you look you'll see that the irregularly lit craters have irregular orbs.. dots.. space ships... bases...

They're even smiling for the camera here!

And here they are on holiday at the Resort Lunar. It's a good time of the year I hear...

Now I'll expect all the die hard fans to jump up and down screaming "They look nothing alike!!!!!11" but to me, it's just a duck.

proof enough for me

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by eriktheawful

Well the images that google used are not 45 years old, the Clementine mission bwas in 1994, but I get your point.

Google did however alter the original images to make them fit the sphere in their program. Did I mention the images were already altered prior to that too? Ooops must have forgot.

Google is merely a benificiary of the Intelligent Robotics Group, I believe under the NASA umbrella, you will find that at the link I posted back a bit. All images Google use are indicated in the view, if there is only one source that will be shown, many are multiple sources, they too are shown and the picture is a composite of those sources.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I know this isn't exactly forum etiquette but I can't start my own thread yet and I really want to know your opinion.

This picture was sent to me by a friend who works at Nellis airforce base. He says it's a HUD view of a F-16 intercepting a UFO just outside of Nellis airforce base Nevada. Not sure what to make of it but the thing the F-16 is locked on to definitely doesn't look like a regular aircraft to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We all share the same interest so why the hostilities. One undeniable fact is that only select number of organizations in the world are able to acquire high-resolution images of entire lunar surface due to extreme amount of resources and expertise required in acquisition, processing and storage of hundreds of terabytes of data from such mission.

Consequently, we are at the mercy of these organizations when it comes to what we are 'allowed' to see, that is, what data they decide to release to public if they decide to release anything at all. China claims to have released the highest resolution images of lunar surface but that's total BS. All they've done is release high-res 'posters' of a few uninteresting locations on the moon not unlike those HDTV videos from JAXA's Kaguya mission on Youtube.

If there was anything interesting the Chinese found in their high-res data, you can bet the Chinese will be 10x worse than NASA in censoring and limiting what data gets released to the public. To their credit, NASA has been the most forthcoming organization with data releases, both in terms of quality and quantity which is why 99% of any high-res lunar surface picture we see on the net is NASA sourced.

Basically what I'm trying to say is whether it's Google Earth or LROC, it was funded, acquired, processed, and approved for release by an organization with mandated agenda such as a nation's technological/financial/defense interest to abide by. That said, there are some truly interesting stuff being done and released constantly to public so it's great time to be interested in this stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbneserb
I know this isn't exactly forum etiquette but I can't start my own thread yet and I really want to know your opinion.

This picture was sent to me by a friend who works at Nellis airforce base. He says it's a HUD view of a F-16 intercepting a UFO just outside of Nellis airforce base Nevada. Not sure what to make of it but the thing the F-16 is locked on to definitely doesn't look like a regular aircraft to me.

Interesting pic, I'd like to hear more about it but I would suggest getting your twenty posts out of the way first so you can start your own thread. You'll get much more attention that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Why is it not a crater?

because most craters do not form a perfect point. please please please please try to have more of an open mind, and not try to shoot things down right away......

The "open-minded" have somehow ruled out crater and image artifacts... something even the OP has yet to do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hold on there a second buddy, I didn't say that it couldnt be a crater or artifact, but, lets think realistically here for a moment and realize the fact that craters do not form perfect shapes with points to them.
just sayin.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
First go to the coordinates in Google moon. Make sure that you click the the featured satellite images box to the left. If you zoom in to 2,006 feet elevation from the object you see no v shaped dots. If you roll in (zoom) once with your mouse the v shape dots appear on the object. Only, Huge cross patterns of white dots also appear on the entire Satellite image as well. Which leads me to believe that this an error in the satellite image. The crater above this one slightly to the left shows a dotted v pattern at the same time as well, just much smaller. Check it out for yourself.

Not that I like the fact that I believe that, because I know that something is going on up there on the Moon. It would not suprise me one bit if we or the Chinese already have a secret base on the Dark Side of the Moon as well. That's just me though. ~SheopleNation
edit on 5-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf

Sigh, so eager...

To me, it is imaging artifact. If you had looked round the general area, there are plenty of these things, it just happens that the one in the V formation is following the shape of the brightness on the crater rim.

If you look you'll see that the irregularly lit craters have irregular orbs.. dots.. space ships... bases...

And here they are on holiday at the Resort Lunar. It's a good time of the year I hear...

Now I'll expect all the die hard fans to jump up and down screaming "They look nothing alike!!!!!11" but to me, it's just a duck.

proof enough for me

I would like to know why this photographic anomally exists

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Here you guys go, thought it would be fun to compare pictures. The left side is Google Earth, the Right side is LROC.

I tired to size up the craters as closely as possible, but it was very hard since Google's pic is no where near as detailed as LROC. Still, it's the very same area:

That is about all I need to see for a debunking.

Hoax bin?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I downloaded the highest resolution DEM (digital elevation model) available just yesterday. It took a long time at my download rate of 2.4 MB/sec and most people won't be able to open it. At the same time I downloaded the next to the largest color map which was nearly as large. I did not even try to download the full sized mosaic as it was just too large to cope with. At just 32 pixels per degree the size is around a half gig. They come up to 128 pixels per degree on a color mosaic and 64 pixels per degree on the DEM files. Times by four every time you double. The color mosaic is an obscure .IMG file that your computer thinks is an image to burn to disc.

I can open the huge images on my graphics machine but not on my laptop. Google would never load if they used the available images.

Google is working with a heavily compressed small version. When you zoom in beyond the original resolution, from that point on its interpolated. Anything you can't make out clearly before zooming in is the result of interpolation. Add that to the artifacts from the compression and you can't say anything about any object less than a couple of hundred of feet across. Those dots likely do not exist at all in the original data.

Truly sad all the attention seekers blogging and posting this stuff on sites never seem to be willing to explain these things to people. They know it.
edit on 3/5/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Exactly my point. See the one above it to the left as well?
Always interesting to look into these things though. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Hoax bin?

We need to find the uncompressed version of the exact image used as source in Google Earth/OP's anomaly claim. So far we only found image of the same location but taken at different time so can't conclude as hoax.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Typical forum moderator speak.....keep it up.
2nd line unlike you, must be nice to be the boss man, nice looking you are though, easy on the eyes. But eyes are deceiving aren't they.

To the OP, I sure am glad you are no counter sniper, you would have me worried in the field.
edit on 5-3-2012 by SmertSpionam1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Check the YouTube video out

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tropictul

Why doesn't the youtube video show the crater above it slightly to the left that has the same exact V shaped dots but smaller? Check it out on Google Moon. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14

Originally posted by boncho

Hoax bin?

We need to find the uncompressed version of the exact image used as source in Google Earth/OP's anomaly claim. So far we only found image of the same location but taken at different time so can't conclude as hoax.

The identical artifacts was good enough, and with another higher resolution of the same area I think it draws a pretty good picture of what is (or should I say) isn't there.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags

Originally posted by braydenf

Sigh, so eager...

proof enough for me

I would like to know why this photographic anomally exists

I don't know why, but they are certainly there! Atleast on my version of Google Earth :p The funny thing is, these "orbs" are ONLY on that place ^^

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I downloaded the highest resolution DEM (digital elevation model) available just yesterday.

I can open the huge images on my graphics machine but not on my laptop. Google would never load if they used the available images.

Truly sad all the attention seekers blogging and posting this stuff on sites never seem to be willing to explain these things to people.

Since you have a graphics workstation and you downloaded the highest available resolution image, why did you not bother posting a blown up screen shot of the OP's crater to put an end to this discussion once and for all?

That would certainly be more convincing than your lecture about attention seekers unless you were just reminding yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join