It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! - A REAL Lunar Anomaly?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No, I'm not 100% sure as no one can really be sure about such things and there's no way to verify it. But this is the first time that I followed a lead and it seems to have developed into a real mystery. I won't bore you again (and again!) about my qualifications as a lunar anomaly researcher except that since the early '80s I've never seen a NASA photo containing a real anomaly regardless of who claims what even though I did find a couple but they did not having enough detail to come to a firm conclusion. But I don't give up 'cause one never knows. However, I can say that this IS the first time I've seen something that makes me wonder, And it's not on a NASA photo, it's at Google Moon.

Looking around the web I found a website dedicated to lunar anomalies. I looked at a few of the photos but was not impressed. But when I looked at their screen shot of Belyaev Crater and saw that I could "verify" for myself by finding the area in Google Moon I got excited.

This website and the crater were mentioned as a source in an ATS thread in 2009, but this particular anomaly was never discussed so I thought I'd bring it to your attention to see what you think. First, I'll include the website's URL and an edited-by-me comment from the page to give them credit:
[lunar-anomalies.blogspot.com...#!/2011/09/this-is-image-of-crater-inside-mare.html
Belyaev Crater - "V" Shaped "Lights"(?)

This is an image of a crater inside Mare Moscoviense named Belyaev. You can see there is a small crater of diameter around 15 Km South-West to Belyaev. One can see the coordinates marked on the edge of the crater.]

Here are 3 screen shots that I took and cropped on Picasa. The first photo is the overall photo, followed by a closer look at the crater we are going to arrive at to see the anomaly. The anomaly is what look like 7 white circles in a V shape, 3 circles to a side and the point circle. This anomaly reminds me of a NASA Apollo 11 film where a white "orb" is seen flitting over the lunar surface. When the "orb" is about to pass over a darkened crater you see a light emanate from the center of the darkness and grows in brilliance and then lights out. Right after this center flash, you see other flashes on the crater's rim and surrounding area. You can only see these flashes if you record the footage and playback frame by frame. I call them "acknowledge" flashes.

The V shape could be 7 "orbs" parked or they could be a combined light source that creates flashes of light. But the V shape is in a different crater than the ones I describe. It's just a thought.

Copy the coordinates and go see the anomaly for yourself and come back and add a reply.

I've added a white square.

edit on 4-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

edit on 4-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct spelling errors.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Very interesting. Just out of curiosity, what would you estimate the size of the circles themselves to be? Just ballpark, for reference....

ETA: Never mind. I followed the link and discovered that they're estimated to be about 8-10 meters each. Thanks all the same....
edit on 3/4/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Looks like you might have found something there. My internet is slow at the moment so I will have to look for myself later. It sure looks like something unatural to me. I'm no photo expert but I don't think that would be a photography glitch. I could be wrong though. Anyway interesting find. Kudos to you. I sure hope that in my lifetime we get to know the truth about the moon.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Why is it not a crater?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Very interesting. If I had to guess at what it was knowing all that I know about the moon (zilch in the grand scheme of things) I'd lean to the notion that what you may have found is maybe something we sent up there that crashed, either because we wanted it to or we lost it. We've been playing on the moon for a while now, there has to be some evidence of that on the surface...Just my view

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well color me impressed, that does look like an anomaly rather than the usual compression artifacts.

BUT I would consider the perfect horizontal angle to be a little suspicious. What are the odds a camera from space would manage to capture something on the moon in exact horizontal right-left arrow pattern? Could still be an artifact.

+34 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Why is it not a crater?

I think the real question should be, why does it HAVE to be a crater?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I Feel stupid for even looking at your post.
Finaly you found a crater dude.

FACE PALM

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Do you not see the v shape of what appear to be dots. 7 craters in alignment? apparently you people are not seeing what I am seeing or you are refusing to look.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
funny how it has those 6-7 lights appearing to empinate from it
almost looks like it could even be a base or ship? tho im no expert at analyzing photos
does look a little odd to me though

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muSSang
I Feel stupid for even looking at your post.
Finaly you found a crater dude.

FACE PALM

Yeah bro, apparently you DIDN'T take the time to look at the post...since even Hellen Keller herself could see the seven lights in a V pattern

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Funny how everyone rushed to be the first witty response that they just look foolish for not reading what the OP wrote..or look at all the photos.

If the photo is real they definitely do not appear to be natural topography.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Um... because theres thousands of them on the moon maybe

Looks more like an image processing defect to me
edit on 5-3-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

It's not possible you looked! No!...Wait...It is possible and solvable. You just need to invest in a mouse with a scroll wheel
Clearly the OP has shown more than just "A crater"

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Looks more like an image processing defect

edit on 4-3-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

Please explain this effect..this often occurs? V shape imaging processing defects? Please show me examples of this occurring..I have not encountered this common defect in imaging. Thanks.

Peace

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Ok....if "maybe" there are thousands of them on the moon, POST ONE.

I DARE you to find another one like this.

And who makes a statement like you did, and adds "maybe" at the end? There is no point to your post lol
edit on 4-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Nice delta wing pixilation with some spots.A little more than 45degrees makes it odd.
edit on 4-3-2012 by earthdude because: wohoops

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Interesting lol if you look at it with an open mind you see a triangle with an outline of 7 lights at the front but then when you look around the picture you see so many of these bumps or craters or w.e just this one has light shining on it and the others do not .

Im sorry im in no way an expert and nothing i say should be taken as criticism im simply saying what i see =\

Aarcadius.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If I had a quarter and knew where I could find a pay phone, I'd give you the two bits and tell you to call somebody who cares about your opinion of processing defects.

I share the opinion of the OP in that I always struggle seeing the "obvious" stuff until now.

Good find. It seems like new information is coming in on many fronts simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I'm not convinced that this is a a true anomaly but it does look very interesting. Star and flag for an interesting find and maybe some of the others here on ATS can come up with some more evidence for or against.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join