It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! - A REAL Lunar Anomaly?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Or you could use common sense and logic and apply occams razor here. The simplest and most common sense solution is probably the closest to the truth.

And the simplest and most reasonable answer to whats going on here is that this is simply another moon crater. Sorry to shatter everybodies bubble, I know its hard for the little ones to comprehend. Its ok though... Maybe it really is the super duper huge reptilian megaton alien base on the moon.

Highly doubtful. Come on people... your calling me ignorant for jumping to the most logical conclusion. Perhaps you should take a glance in the mirror. We all know how the saying goes.... he who points the finger...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Very interesting! Couldn't it be a sparkle or something? I mean, some kind of defect in the lenses? I'm not photo expert, so I can't say for sure... But very interesting thou...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Looks like an opening of sorts.

Presuming its more than just a crater, the opening would be, according to the shape of the lighting outline, a square opening or tunnel. Having lights visible for a re-entry would make sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I agree, that is pretty hard to explain.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think you got something here. I'm leaning towards the V-shaped lights being an image rendering issue, however it is the whole area that doesn't add up. It doesn't look like a crater. The shape of the reflecting sunlight doesn't have the same shape as any of the other craters in that area, and it appears to be brighter than the others.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Oh Im sorry did I hurt ur senstive feelings.

Come on people, not every weird looking thing in space is some freakishly unknown anomaly... Use ur fricken heads. I can tell most people on this site just jump to rash conclusions still and have absolutely no intellect at all. Lol the above is a great example. Im tired of spinning my wheels with idiots that are unwilling to see both sides. Already wasted enough time an energy. If you really want to have a conversation then lets. But if all your going to do is make irrational statements, then heres a better site for your to visit

pbskids.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by gunshooter

Or you could use common sense and logic and apply occams razor here. The simplest and most common sense solution is probably the closest to the truth.

And the simplest and most reasonable answer to whats going on here is that this is simply another moon crater. Sorry to shatter everybodies bubble, I know its hard for the little ones to comprehend. Its ok though... Maybe it really is the super duper huge reptilian megaton alien base on the moon.

Highly doubtful. Come on people... your calling me ignorant for jumping to the most logical conclusion. Perhaps you should take a glance in the mirror. We all know how the saying goes.... he who points the finger...

Don't presume that your cliched analogy of Occam's Razor could not be used to convince anyone of anything that is impossible to prove unless under special circumstances. You could convince the entire world that the world is really flat, if no one was able to correct you, under your same analogy.

It's ridiculous to make a dead positive assertion regarding any anomoly, with the presumption that your opinion is likely correct, by virtue of the inability of anyone else to prove otherwise.

Indeed, it shows you to be mentally stunted (or deceitful) to present an argument against that which no one can yet prove true or false.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
It's not just everyday that The Shrike finds an interesting anomaly or an anomaly interesting. Heck, this is probably even an ATS first for him.

Good stuff, brother! It definitely deserves another look-see. Thanks and good job on a quality OP.

edit on 5-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

I'm following your advice especially since you did such a bang up job on the Frank Camper thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Here you guys go: that crater from the LROC:

Used the Lat and Log coordinates provided by the OP. Here's the source so you can zoom in and out:

target.lroc.asu.edu...

Much higher resolution than anything from Google Earth at 0.5 meters per pixel.
edit on 5-3-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

Thanks. That pic should settle the anomaly question or any neutral or skeptic. ie. It's not real.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Not really I'm afraid. Because in this instance, people are claiming it's possibly one of those triangle UFO's, and then say it's flown away and wasn't there for LROC.

I just wanted to give them a higher resolution of the crater.

It would be nice to see the source photo's from that spot, instead of a screen capture of Google Earth. The source photo can be worked with. Google Earth is notorious for making things appear that are not really there because of how it's all stitched together, and trying to follow the topography of the terrain. I would only use it to mark or find positions, but never as a source for pictures.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

This is funny. I love the people who are so enamored with the paradigms of the times that they try and use a malformed interpretation of occam's razor to bolster their own ego and shoot down other opinions.

It is a fool's rational to immediately shoot down anything without giving it some serious thought. On that note, the thing about this that wouldn't make sense to me as an artifact is that there appeared to be no reason for the light to be distorted in that way.

It was likely not pixelation because of the roundness of the anomalies compared to the surrounding square pixels.

Although if there was a reason for the light to be distorted around those areas it was possible that it was an artifact of the low resolution, but the specific shape would tend away from that.

Then someone posted the LRO images of that area at a different time when the light was at a different angle and I noticed that there were large boulders at the two outer places of the anomaly and that the rest of the anomaly was in shade.

This leads, in conjunction with the posting showing similar (not symmetrical or in the same shape, but similar) anomalies in the surrounding craters, to it being photographic anomalies due to low res and shading from natural or possibly non-natural objects within the crater.

I'm leaning towards natural based on the high res LRO images.

Anyone who jumped to ANY conclusion prior to having all of this information and analyzing it together IMO dd not think with "High Intellect" and has no business shooting down others opinions as being pathetic or ridiculous.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Why is it not a crater?

I'd agree there. It looks like a crater, overexposed and made to look as if pyramid from the angle of the light and how it appeared in the photo/

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
for once I'd like to see a real anomoly.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOngoingJourney
reply to post by kman420

So are you going to reveal what we should be looking at here on Earth, or is the vague statement intended to make it seem like you have all the answers and those that don't are inferior?

Yes, I genuinely get really pee'd off when I see posts like the one you refer to, same with the "I contact aliens but I can't tell you how" and "I'm from the future but I'm not allowed to tell you of things that are going to happen"..

The word gullible ISN'T tattooed on my forehead...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The Shrike,

Cool pic !

No, I'm not 100% sure as no one can really be sure about such things and there's no way to verify it.

Exactly. We can speculate at possibilities till we all go nuts but chances are we'll never find out. Crater? Most probably. Triangle UFO? Could be. Structure? No. Other pictures would show it. Photographic anomaly? Highly probable.

So, I'll just stick with Cool pic !!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
so MAYBE this is just another photoshopped pic..

moan.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well, judging by the first image, the light source appears to be to the right of the viewer. Since a crater has raised edges Crater Edges , it appears that the object under suspicion is located on the illuminated edge of the large crater. But the referenced object does not show this geography. I.e., you cannot distinguish a raised edge on the smaller 'craters' And the light/dark transition point is exactly half way across the diameter of the objects. Therefore, the raised edges are either too small to see OR non-existent.

Now, if it was a crater where the raised edges were too small to see, the left side should be lit, and the right half dark. But that's not the case. Therefore, it appears that the referenced object (and surrounding dome looking objects) are raised.
edit on 5-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lots of closed minds, lots of blase` BS.....
I think this is worth an better look.....im wondering if the co ords are available through other orbital surveys?
Might be worth a look???
Gotta be an artifact of some kind, but other than the V the rest has to be imagination for now.....
Nive find!
I still find myself highly puzzled that they sent up these expensive survey cameras that never seem to get any clear defined pictures!
Beginning to think life in space is just plain blurry!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join