It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free phone from government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I am with you to a point. Let us not forget thought that the needy the OP were referring to aren't necessarily needy. They are a segment of society that has been trained, bred and spoon-fed to rely on the social programs for their existence. People who no longer provide for themselves but have the ability to provide for themselves are the problem. Instead of spending money on cell phones, how about mandatory education on growing their own food? Maybe we should provide education on creating their own garments or teaching their own families. Anyone who is not willing to participate in the betterment needs to be left to their own to suffer the consequences. 40 years of tough times and we could have a population that is proud, independent and self sufficient again. This of course would exclude such things as developmental challenges and accurately diagnosed reasons for an individual not being able to do so, but then again, none of us were hatched. Responsibility starts at home. Let us stand up and take back our constitutional rights and freedoms (I am Canadian, and we have lost ours too). I am willing to work to support myself like I do now. Is everyone? No. Cell phones for the poor? Yeesh!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I don't think it's the rose colored glasses, it is either the conscious decision to ignore the fundamental problems that make our society so needy or the lack of understanding. The 'needy' need proper nutrition, education and familial support. With those tools, anyone can make a choice to be personally responsible.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I use a cellphone from the 90's, it's an ugly black box with a green screen, you know the one i'm talking about.
if you need a cellphone, just get one of those, if you don't, then you don't really need a cellphone and only want to be cool or look rich or some crap.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I do not want these parasitic companies using my government to expand their business though.

Originally posted by DerekJR321
These "free phones" are subsidized by corporate advertising. It is very similar to that "Magic Jack" system. Yes, you get a phone for $1 a month, but your also bombarded with advertising calls.

That is how they pay for it. All you people screaming "oh my gawd my taxes, poor people should die!". It doesn't come from your friggin tax money. It's paid for by corporations looking to make money.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree, this program is money going to the Big Telecommunications Companies so the fat CEO's can stuff their wallets more on the government dime.

Originally posted by zroth

This is a waste of tax money. It has nothing to with poverty. The government is giving money to telecommunication companies.

I'd much rather see the government pay for courses that teach people how to communicate. What good is a phone when you aren't saying much?

We have much bigger problems that social status associated to mobile technology.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My favorite phone was a big honk'n qualcom, must have been about 1999. It had a thumbwheel on the side to scroll through the address book. And before that, the 3 watt bag phone, could dial out from anywhere.

I think, the party of free stuff for everybody, has a goal of getting over 50% of us to be "on the take" for some kind of free stuff from gov. If they can achieve that, then they are sure to always be re-elected. Unless there is a third party candidate like Ron Paul in the mix.

One time went up to camp in Michigan near Cadillac, Lost Lake Scout camp, tried to dial out to tell Wifey that I had arrived safely. No bars, no signal... So got out the little 5 watt Kenwood 2 meter radio. Got on the repeater at Cadillac and talked to one of my radio operator friends. They repeaters are all networked together there. And radio operator friend called Wifey on the land line for me. Radio is basically free, no minutes charges. Could have called Wifey directly if she would just get her license.
edit on 4-3-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In nyc there are many ads for those free phones, so one day I decide to apply for the phone for the hell of it.
I have a smartphone already, have a good job, decent income. There's no way I qualify for a free phone.
On the application I put down I get free lunch at school. Total lie I don't even attend school. A week later I get phone no questions asked and they even threw in an extra application for a friend.
I dont blame poor people or telephone company's. The goverment is not even to blame. I say a major majority of the American people are to blame. For the ignorance of that population my country is crumbling by the hand's of those in charge ....... nuts.....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I think a phone is necessary nowadays.Anyone in Michigan who has a food card is eligible to get one.They call them Obama phones here,lol.They are low end type phones that you cant even download anything on.I have one i use when my regular cell has problems(frequently).

So, let me get this straight. You have a government phone as a backup to your own cell phone that you pay for?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

So you have fraudulently acquired a phone, and are bragging about what you did, blaming the government?
Your thinking is ... a little on the twisted side. imo
edit on 3/4/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
what better way to keep everyone connected to the matrix than by giving already weakened people government cell phones.

notice they aren't helping with land lines.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Government Tracking Devices - all of those smartphones are...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Good ol' USA giving more free # to people who are lazy.I occasionaly get adverts in the mail for this sort of thing,even though I've never gotten any sort of government assistance.

ETA: The adverts are never in my name.Always some weird name and says 'or current resident" under it.Also,to the op,NO it isn't a necessity.You don't need it to live so no,it's not.

edit on 4-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Its not bragging, I'm saying the truth. I pay tax's. My tax's go to free cell phones. Why not apply? I have never even used it. The government steals from you everday I'm not blaming the government. More power to them.
I blame ignorant tax payers who let the government do what it wants. Like give away cell free phones.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Well to your post on free phones I would say that you should have a least a phone in your life since people hardly use house phones nowadays since most only use cellphones. It is nice that the government does that for people who need it. Another part to my thoughts are since more people use cellphones then home phones it is good to have any type of phone for emergenices whether you have a phone or not it is always good to have one for Emergenices such as you need to get ahold or someone or something happens and you need to call the Police/Fire/EMT department.

The only thing that I don't like about it is if someone who doesn't need government aid and lies about it and abuses the government feebies by scaming around just to get free stuff from government then it defeats the purpose of it. Or the people that are lazy and just uses it like its a game.

edit on 5/3/2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I agree with your post 100% you make a good point!!!
edit on 5-3-2012 by letyourfreakshine666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
reply to post by BellaSabre

Its not bragging, I'm saying the truth. I pay tax's. My tax's go to free cell phones. Why not apply? I have never even used it. The government steals from you everday I'm not blaming the government. More power to them.
I blame ignorant tax payers who let the government do what it wants. Like give away cell free phones.

The government doesn't steal from you dude.You live the USA,correct?See,here,we pay taxes.Those taxes go to things like that.While I don't agree with it..it's just a thing that happens when you don't live in a THIRD world country.I blame ignorant tax payers like you who make lame comments on a forum.My guess is you're probably in the age group of 15-24 and feel like you're entitled to everything.

edit on 5-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Well said Prisoner60863,

But this is my opinon on this topic as well,,,

It is becoming more fishier each day especially when government does stuff like this. Steal more and more money is all they do and what do we do just sit there and watch like something is going to be done when nothing is happening!!! We should get rid of government and start anew thats my opinon on this!!!

edit on 5-3-2012 by letyourfreakshine666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I think a phone is necessary nowadays.Anyone in Michigan who has a food card is eligible to get one.They call them Obama phones here,lol.They are low end type phones that you cant even download anything on.I have one i use when my regular cell has problems(frequently).

This folks is what your taxes are going to.You have a regular cell phone.And you have a back up phone that you got for free?You sound like one of those people that is claiming "gobment cheese" and what not.But I'm willing to bet your house is run down.You probably have cable.And a 55" TV.Drive a Mercedes or some other expensive car.Yet you're leeching off the government and tax payers.I seriously wish all you clowns have to say one of three things when you file for this #

1.Drug user/dealer.
2.To lazy to #ing workOr working under the table.So as to evade paying taxes..(so I'm going to leach off of everyone else)
3.If you're female,you probably have 2/4/12 kids by different fathers.
edit on 5-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by letyourfreakshine666

letyourfreakshine666,

Thanks

edit on 5/3/2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by letyourfreakshine666

letyourfreakshine,

I don't think government is stealing money but I do believe they are corrupt in a sense that is why I don't vote for neither DEMOCRAT, nor REPUBLICAN but I do agree on we should start anew with government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join