It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free phone from government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you are eligible for food stamps, SSI, Medicade, heating assistance, or other governmrent handouts then you can get a phone for $1 a month.

See www.usagovphone.com

If the government wanted to easily spot all the underproductive people in the US this might be an easy way to do so.

Is a phone a necessity like food, heat, and housing?

What do you think? Why does the government give away almost free phones?

##SNIPPED##
edit on 4-3-2012 by NotThat because: To add phone number

edit on Sun Mar 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: to remove phone number

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

If you aren't doing anything nefarious, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I don't partake but my neighbors have that gov't cell phone thing with the 250 free minutes per month.... and they do things you shouldn't be doing on it if you know what I mean. Nothing has happened to them yet, maybe someday their calls may be used against them, but they've been using it for a couple years now.

If you are that poor and can't afford the basics, a free cell phone with minutes is helpful.

edit on 4-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ive long since thought that having a phone or at the least a SIM card free for a long time.

The money being made is silly on the telecomms industry, once a network is setup it requires only upgrades, power and maintance.

However the possibility of being very easy spyed on is there, who would use a goverment issued SIM/phone to do somthing bad to be spyed on in the first place!

edit on 4-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Why stop with cell phone? Why. there is tax money to burn. It seems downright mean not to insure they have smart phones with internet and texting too. Better make sure they have an Iphone 4, not some cheesy throw away. That just isn't like the Government to go cheap when it's more benefits to hand out.

When homeless are sporting smart phones better than I can afford with earned money...a story like this just angers me. I SUPPORT free phones for very specific NEEDS: Say..Domestic Violence support or the like. Just to hand out like popcorn on movie night because the people have every other benefit anyway??? WOW!! Where does THAT logic end? I can think of so much more than COULD be brought into that logic.

We're heading in entirely the wrong direction. While EVERYONE is taking cuts in the teeth, the benefits of the Gov't Dole seem to be the only ones with a bright future outlook for improving times. What IS wrong with that picture?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
look up www.we the people grassroots.wordpress.com 2011/11/18 & nathan stubblefield ALL BECOMES CLEAR

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

who would use a goverment issued SIM/phone to do somthing bad to be spyed on in the first place!

You'd be surprised, most people think the government is on their sides. They don't believe the gov't would spy on them or has a need to, oblivious to the real world these people use these phones for drug deals, especially the homeless and the very low income people.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
SMART PHONES FOR DUMB PEOPLE LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
do they come white a stratfor app

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sick of the hand out culture thriving on the backs of the tax payers. I'm being bled dry to make sure a lot of entitled-assed people have a better lifestyle than I do. Using my taxes to buy votes is illegal, but that's what it is for the most part. While I work to pay for my phone, and the bill....others line up to get their freebies....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sick of the hand out culture thriving on the backs of the tax payers. I'm being bled dry to make sure a lot of entitled-assed people have a better lifestyle than I do. Using my taxes to buy votes is illegal, but that's what it is for the most part. While I work to pay for my phone, and the bill....others line up to get their freebies....

If only it was as simple as that. Ask yourself this, would you rather you tax money be used to help your fellow man or kill your fellow man?

When I read in the press of more money being used to fund more unnecessary war I get as angry as you when you read in the press of more money being used to help the needy. A*s backwards IMHO.
edit on 4-3-2012 by PW229 because: Typo correction

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Define *needy*. Because I sure as sh*t don't see *needy* as those creating a mob scene at malls to get a pair of Nike's to sell on ebay for $2,500.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Outright theft.

Government didn't GIVE these people anything. They STOLE it from people who actually pay to use cellphones with hidden fees.

Redistribution of wealth at its lowest form.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe I should have thrown all those old phones away instead of donating them to services that help the needy?

Is the landfill really a better place for them?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Outright theft.

Government didn't GIVE these people anything. They STOLE it from people who actually pay to use cellphones with hidden fees.

Really now? Do you have a link for that?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
These "free phones" are subsidized by corporate advertising. It is very similar to that "Magic Jack" system. Yes, you get a phone for $1 a month, but your also bombarded with advertising calls.

That is how they pay for it. All you people screaming "oh my gawd my taxes, poor people should die!". It doesn't come from your friggin tax money. It's paid for by corporations looking to make money.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Maybe I should have thrown all those old phones away instead of donating them to services that help the needy?

Is the landfill really a better place for them?

I've donated all my old cell phones to Domestic Abuse organizations. The 911 function still works on those old phones.

But, to just give away millions of free cell phones, with service, to a bunch of people who can work to pay for them, like I do...is not right. Plus, turn on your tv during a weekday, constant running of ads to get your free cell phone. Who do you think is paying for those ads....

edit on 4-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
These "free phones" are subsidized by corporate advertising. It is very similar to that "Magic Jack" system. Yes, you get a phone for $1 a month, but your also bombarded with advertising calls.

That is how they pay for it. All you people screaming "oh my gawd my taxes, poor people should die!". It doesn't come from your friggin tax money. It's paid for by corporations looking to make money.

Facts....show me the facts.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

Originally posted by Carseller4
Outright theft.

Really now? Do you have a link for that?

Since when does common knowledge need a link?

Anyone with any type of phone (home or cell) gets charged to run programs like this.

It's downright thievery.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hello

I noticed the information said people who already receive food stamps are eligible, meaning those folks should already have been designated as officially "poor".

Of course there are people who abuse that system also, although I believe the vast majority of them do not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join