Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New Firefox Collusion... ATS and 3rd party Cookies

page: 1
77
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+47 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I decided to try the Firefox Add-on Collusion to see which sites are letting others know of my visits..

ATS is the worst offender so far, forwarding to 20 + different sites.. outdoing the dailymail easily.. unless Im reading it wong... try it yourself. No doubt management has some "good" commercial reason for this.

My visits to ATS aren't top secret thats for sure.



+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 

Well, we aren't charged a thing for Membership. If you look at the stats for total members, people online at any given moment and post volume, I assure you it's far from free to run this place. There might even be a tech who gets paid in there somewhere...or two or three.
I'd say that is the commercial reason.

On a totally unrelated note...It is ironic that ATS, being the topical place it is, is watching us watching everyone else more than everyone else is watching us, watching.


+16 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 

There might even be a tech who gets paid in there somewhere...or two or three.



Yea... in Langley.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 

Well, we aren't charged a thing for Membership. If you look at the stats for total members, people online at any given moment and post volume, I assure you it's far from free to run this place. There might even be a tech who gets paid in there somewhere...or two or three.
I'd say that is the commercial reason.

On a totally unrelated note...It is ironic that ATS, being the topical place it is, is watching us watching everyone else more than everyone else is watching us, watching.



We agree on something.. I must add this to my diary as a special day.. lol..



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I tried it last night and got 2 advertisers branch from it.

Quantcast and another I can't remember.

Didn't test for long though, so that could be why I only got 2.

How long did you run your test?



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I tried it last night and got 2 advertisers branch from it.

Quantcast and another I can't remember.

Didn't test for long though, so that could be why I only got 2.

How long did you run your test?


Its still going.. I only looked at maybe 6 threads to get that many.. wondering when this thread will be closed. hmmm

Correction... 19.
edit on 3-3-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: edit



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 


As long as the thread is not against gay marriage, censorship does not kick in.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
when i connect to ats it connects me to 12 different sites..
edit on 4-3-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Posted yesterday....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also noticed some unusual sites attached.
edit on 4-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I found six;
Quantcast--Gorilla Nation--Google analytics--Google+1--Doubleclick--Chartbeat.

So what if I buy produce from the local market? Is google going to find me fresher produce? I seriously doubt it.

Nor am I interested.
edit on (3/4/1212 by loveguy because:




posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Posted yesterday....

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Collusion in the heading of that topic might have helped me not double post.. apologies.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
OK went to the forum page and now have 13 lol

Seems adnxs.com is a key one in spreading information to other 3rd party websites
edit on 4/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
OK went to the forum page and now have 13 lol

Seems adnxs.com is a key one in spreading information to other 3rd party websites
edit on 4/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)


hahaha... are you as disappointed as me that cia.gov or fbi.gov doesnt showup?.. kidding of course.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Man,you all like playing with fire also.
Striking that match just might burn your home down,know what I mean?



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have the Add-On "Do Not Track" for Firefox and it tells you many interesting things for every website you log onto.

It tells you, among other things, how many:
Companies are tracking you when you log onto a website, how many:
Ad Networks are tracking you by logging onto any site, and the number of:
Social Buttons that are tracking you.

In addition to those stats, which are nice and handy to know, the most important thing it tells you is: the NAME of all of these companies that are tracking you! Now THAT is cool!

As I'm filling out this "Response" form to respond to this thread, Do Not Track has blocked 4 Companies in all, 1 Social Button, 1 Ad Network and 2 Companies.

When I log onto the Home Page, it blocks NINE Companies -3 Ad Networks and 6 Companies! The Home Page is one of the websites that has the most Companies tracking you. I wonder if ATS is aware of all of them.

Another aspect about it I like (about Do Not Track) is since it gives you the names of all the companies tracking you, I can then do research on all of them and find out EXACTLY what they compile from my visit and what they do with all that information.

This is The Information Age. The Golden Rule used to be the one who has the Gold makes the Rule, but now it's the one who has the most Information makes the Rules (in their favor).



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder
 


Thank you very much for your input, I will get that going aswell.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 

Well, we aren't charged a thing for Membership. If you look at the stats for total members, people online at any given moment and post volume, I assure you it's far from free to run this place. There might even be a tech who gets paid in there somewhere...or two or three.
I'd say that is the commercial reason.

On a totally unrelated note...It is ironic that ATS, being the topical place it is, is watching us watching everyone else more than everyone else is watching us, watching.



We agree on something.. I must add this to my diary as a special day.. lol..


Awww, now see what an agreeable guy I am? I can't imagine what I ever say that could cause disagreement.


(hops off very quickly and hides in hole before flying objects can hit...)



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Probably a good time to point this out from the T&C's...




20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.


www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive
 

Well, we aren't charged a thing for Membership. If you look at the stats for total members, people online at any given moment and post volume, I assure you it's far from free to run this place. There might even be a tech who gets paid in there somewhere...or two or three.
I'd say that is the commercial reason.

On a totally unrelated note...It is ironic that ATS, being the topical place it is, is watching us watching everyone else more than everyone else is watching us, watching.




We agree on something.. I must add this to my diary as a special day.. lol..


Awww, now see what an agreeable guy I am? I can't imagine what I ever say that could cause disagreement.


(hops off very quickly and hides in hole before flying objects can hit...)


lol.. let's not spoil this special moment of peace and tranquility by discussing our differences..
plenty of time to fling mud later.



posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Probably a good time to point this out from the T&C's...




20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.


www.abovetopsecret.com...


Would ATS know if someone was using ad blockers?.. if not, then thats a pointless T&C..





new topics

top topics



 
77
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join