It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My return to ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hey everyone.

As you can see I'm a long time member. Never really posted, and haven't been on this account since 04 until today. I've been a consistent lurker for many years though, but now I feel the urge to be active. I've watched this forum grow from the sidelines, and while there are some negatives I have seen, there are also many positives to such a large community.

See you all around

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Good to see you are becoming active again .

I hope all goes well for you and I am sure we will benefit from your return.

Welcome home.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you

Look forward to seeing you around.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Welcome back. If anything the left of sideways population has increased exponentially since you have been gone.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Let me be the first to welcome you back to an active status then.

I look forward to learning your opinion on many topics.

Or the second, as it were.
edit on 3-3-2012 by watchitburn because: to add

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

My god, you can say that again!

Thanks for the welcoming!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Thanks watchitburn, I look forward to learning your opinion on things as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yours may be one of the longest signed up yet non-Introduced memberships I've ever experienced.. Can I ask why now and what have you been doing for 9 years? Well so you don't feel cheated, here's your 25 cent tour...

Welcome paradox

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

An Easy Way to Upload Your Avatar Graphics

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words"of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the welcome Johnny.

I know, it is quite strange isn't it? I have always enjoyed this place for the content and opinions it brings from all over the world. It really helps you look at things from different perspectives.

For starters, I joined the Marine Corps shortly after signing up here on ATS. I never really had a lot of time to participate with my deployments to the sandbox and Afghanistan so I lurked here whenever I got the chance, just to catch up on some reading to see what's been kept out of the news back home by the media. Being recently discharged after my reenlistment, I decided that since I have the time now that I might as well be an active member here, maybe give my two cents here and there.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
I joined the Marine Corps shortly after signing up here on ATS. I never really had a lot of time to participate with my deployments to the sandbox and Afghanistan so I lurked here whenever I got the chance, just to catch up on some reading to see what's been kept out of the news back home by the media.

Well we certainly are glad to have you back, and I'm sure many members here would want to say thank you for your service. Our Co-Host for the ATSLive radio Show was a Marine and he also hosts the Survival Forum located here: Survival Tactics and Supplies.

His ATS handle is SemperFortis..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Well thanks again Johnny, good to be back here

Gonna have to spend more time reading that forum. Tons of great information from the looks of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Welcome back, and THANKS for Your Service!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
WOW! Yes long time no see! goodness i remember you back in the old days of ATS lol,

Welcome back and anything you need help with be sure to ask,

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Greetings:

2003!

You must have a vast, valuable bank of knowledge on the growth pains of, IMHO,
the best learning experience on the InterWeb - ATS.

That might be a good thread in itself to lure other "oldtimers" to share the wealth of experience...

Welcome back and we look forward to further communication.

Were you involved in the recent tornado outbreak?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
WOW! Yes long time no see! goodness i remember you back in the old days of ATS lol,

Welcome back and anything you need help with be sure to ask,

Oh wow I remember you too. I'm actually very surprised you remember little ol me. It's awesome to see so many long time members still on here

thank you and I will

edit on 3-4-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

That I do

That's a good idea, I might have to consider that one

Luckily I was not. I live in Chicago now so I was well out of the way. I feel so bad for the people hit though. FEMA won't even be on the ground to help until tomorrow I heard.
edit on 3-4-12 by paradox because: blah

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Hi Paradox

Wow, 9 yrs eh! ...Better late than never

See you around!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Welcome back to ATS paradox..Im excited to read your threads and posts hope to see you soon in the main boards..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nice avatar, suggests a nobel, intelligent and fair minded individual of impecable tastes.

top topics

join