It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Kerry - 'My critics are scumbags'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps the reason some people feels so strong against her is because she is not american, she is of latina blood like me .

My daughter has a 100% Bolivian heritage. We adopted her from
an orphanage in Santa Cruz Bolivia. She's the cutest, smartest,
and most wonderful kid in the entire world (can you tell I'm her
mom? )

You brought up a valid arguement ... bigotry ... but honestly I
think most folks don't like her because of her behavior. I bet
most folks don't know what biological heritage Terry Kerry has.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
The neo-cons thinks Americans hate seeing woman out of the kitchen,

Oh man ... that 'women in the kitchen' thing went out 40 years ago.
None of the 'neo-cons' (as you call them) that I know think that way.
The women all are professionals with college degrees and have
positions that pay rather well. Or they have college degrees and
have decided to stay home until the kids have all entered school.

Sorry, but the neo-cons all want the women in the kitchen doesn't
fly.
We all love Condi Rice and she certainly isn't 'in the kitchen'.
Heck, she isn't even married. She's a career woman.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

My daughter has a 100% Bolivian heritage. We adopted her from
an orphanage in Santa Cruz Bolivia. She's the cutest, smartest,
and most wonderful kid in the entire world (can you tell I'm her
mom? )

I coment you for having a daughter from another country ancestry, and yes I have worked with children from south american, migrant worker's children and they are very bright and smart children and they are very curious and eagle to learn.

I bet you are a wonderful mother, I can not bring myself to argue about politics with you anymore.

You have a good hart.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This outrage aimed at THK has nothing to do with her race. Her skin is white so most people do not know of her heritage as someone else has said.

I cannot believe that anyone is defending her. Can you imagine the outrage from democrats if Laura Bush called the people who opposed President Bush's tax cuts a scumbag or an idiot? Hypocracy is alive and well in this country. Double Standards are everywhere.

darkhealer88

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well if Laura Bush did respond that way darkhealer88 at least she would seem to be alive! Laura Bush is a stepford wife. She never wears a backless dress because you can see where they fit the wind-up key.

I personally have had enough of Morons who hear 'Voices from God' and some lifeless barbie doll.
Let's Breathe some life back into the Whitehouse.

Only people with Souls can know passion.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You hit the coin on the head. I HATE when people pull out the race card. THK's race has nothing to do with my dislike of her. She is entilted to her opinons etc. But if you look at her objectivly two things come to mind:

She needs professional help.
or
She has been so rich and so privileged for so long, she is lost in her own little world. Either way she is not first lady material. As I said in a previous post, I can't stand Hillary Clinton, but she had the poise to be a first lady. THK does not and would be a colossal disgrace.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Das Propagandista looked at the news article originally cited:

The New Yorker's Judith Thurman chronicled some of Heinz Kerry's more well-known verbal gaffes before noting the videotaped vulgarity:
"She dismissed voters skeptical of her husband�s health-care proposals as 'idiots,' and, in a television interview with a Pittsburgh anchorwoman, employed the word 'scumbags' to describe some of her detractors," Thurman said.

That was Thurman's quote. Let's see the actual quote from T. Kerry.

"There are these bizarre moments that make you shudder," one Kerry adviser told Thurman. "Like calling herself African-American to black audiences."

Anonymous quoting of 'officials' with out-of-context information in the quote.

In an effort to put Heinz Kerry's vulgar verbiage in context, The New Yorker writer explained, "I doubt that she knows the literal meaning of 'scumbag,' but perhaps, after forty years in America, nearly thirty of them as a political wife, observing how the flaws and contradictions of a personality as complex as hers are melted down for ammunition by the other side, she should have learned it."

Interesting, the ENTIRE article did not directly quote T. Kerry but quoted Thurman quoting T. Kerry without context, and quoted and anonymous Kerry campaign official.

There is no direct attribution here. This cannot be taken as someone's quotes without stretching the imagination.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

New Yorker Magazine Quotes Teresa Heinz Kerry Out Of Context

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

A check of that tape shows that while Heinz Kerry did use the word, it came in the context of discussing what her son Chris called the "noble art of public service." "I believe there is a nobility in public service. I believe every citizen can be a public servant. And should be," said Heinz Kerry. Sally Wiggin asked, "Do you think some of the nobility has gone out of public service?" Heinz Kerry said, "Oh, there is a lot of scumbags everywhere. Not just in politics. In everything. There are a lot of immoral people everywhere.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Persoanally I could care less what she says or doesn't say, The only problem I have with her is her taste in husbands. Kerry is a joke.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
She needs professional help.

I think she is already getting it. Remember when she was
hospitalized overnight about a month ago for an 'episode'.
Nothing much was said about it in the news ... there was
a hurricane taking over the airwaves. But people around
her said she was blathering about her meds causing her
to be woozy. Meds? High Blood pressure type meds or
mood inhibitors? What meds?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why this things happend very simple because politicians wants to take away from the public the real issues that should be in every citizen mind, our domestic problems and the problems that our society is suffering and has suffered in the last 4 years.

It takes away the question of what a candidate has done for our nation and what the challenging candidate plans for the nation.

Bashing familily memembers like bush daughters and Kerry's wife bring better attention.

No body wants to know of how many people is without health insurance of how many children are in poverty, oh! but records of war and medals and drinking problems are the prefered topic of discution.

Perhaps we should reconsider our priorities and think again what should be the real topics to take to the table for candidates to discuss.

After all I am as guilty as anybody for falling for these type of topics.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think the First Lady should have class, refinement, dignity and grace. She is free to speak her mind as long as she does so in a respectful manner. If Teresa Kerry does become our first lady I hope that she can pull it off.

I would love to get to the real issues. I started a thread a while back trying to get info on Kerry. I have no idea what he stands for. Maybe you can enlighten me!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jemison

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Marg: You hit the nail on the head. let the candidates speak for themselves. I do however believe that Teresa is trying to appear too much like the candidate too many opinions on too many topics. If my husband went on an interview would I be going to his interviews and telling them why he is right and everybody else is wrong. I think she is struggling to play the role of secondary partner, which unfortunately has to be the role of the President's wife. The wives should be visiting the sick, the bereaved, the aged and showing their respect and love for humanity, and support for their husband. Sounds awful I agree, I guess that's why Laura Bush is seen as a non-person. Its scary when the voters view the The Kerrys as a package deal coming to rule.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I started a thread a while back trying to get info on Kerry. I have no idea what he stands for. Maybe you can enlighten me!

Who is John Kerry? His voting record tells you who he is -
www.gop.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wanted to give an example of why Teresa Kerry should be a little more mindful of the words she uses when expressing herself.

I just got off of the phone with my cousin who lives in Gulf Shores, AL. She lost everything in the hurricane as did her neighbors and friends. Obviously people are emotional right now, but it's interesting that many of them are furious with Teresa Kerry for the comment she made while she was in the Carribian (I think that's where it was). She said people should focus on priorities, and that clothing was not a priority and that people should just go naked, especially children.

There are many people right now in Florida and Alabama who are irate that Teresa was so insensitive to make a comment like that. They are asking people to boycott Heinz products and to vote for Bush.

Anyway, just thought I would share an example of how Teresa's words have the potential for hurting her husband in the long run.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
The wives should be visiting the sick, the bereaved, the aged and showing their respect and love for humanity, and support for their husband. Sounds awful I agree, I guess that's why Laura Bush is seen as a non-person. Its scary when the voters view the The Kerrys as a package deal coming to rule.

Mynaeris,

Hillary Clinton changed that. It was pretty clear that she viewed herself as a Co-President. First Ladies have always had influence but Hillary took it to a new level. Nancy Reagan had alot of infuence as well, but not over policy etc. As I have said in previous posts, I do not like Hillary one bit. However, she carries herself with poise and dignity. I see none of that from THK. She really is like a loose cannon. Based on the way she has acted and continues to do so, it seems clear to me that she will have Hillary level influence on John if elected. I think in that case it is prudent to take her into consideration.

Simply because Laura Bush does not take a high profile and is not as outspoken does not make her an Un-person. Nor does her domestic skills make her a Stepford wife. Again as I said in a previous post, my mom baked cookies too, but to call her a stepford wife would get you an ice pack from her AFTER she bonked you on the head
. However, she is proving to be an asset to Bush, THK is a liability.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh my!

I used the link provided by a previous poster to ask a question that has been nagging me about Terry-Kerry. The link works! She answered immediately!

Ask Terry-Kerry

My question:

"Why do you portray yourself as struggling against Apartheid when those active in the struggle can't remember your participation?"

Terry-Kerry's Immediate answer:

"Get Out!"

Wow! Guess she's touchy about that subject...huh?

EDIT: Fixed LOTS of typos.

[edit on 9-22-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I used the link provided by a previous poster to ask a question that has been nagging me about Terry-Kerry. The link works! She answered immediately!

Ask Terry-Kerry

OH man .... this is gunna' be lots of fun!!!
I've got a bunch of questions for miss 'sassy and sexy'
(her quote, not mine!)

My question was - you have a vast fortune and you claim to
care about the poor, how have you used your $$ to help the
poor that you claim to care about?

Answer - I'm a black widow spyder, baby.

[edit on 9/22/2004 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join