It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Kerry - 'My critics are scumbags'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only reason Mrs. kerry is an issue is because the right has made her an issue. Since day one the right has done every thing it could to slander her and her husband. If a woman doesent shutup and smile she becomes demonised by a certain segment of our population. Her critics are scumbags! By critics i dont mean the posters on ATS i mean the propaganda spewing talking heads of the right wing media. "W" catsup and purple heart bandaids equals scumbag in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No, I dont think that Terry's comments should disqualify Kerry but I think that it is important to remember that the role of the First Lady IS important. A woman who hurls insults at people who don't think like she does is not someone that I feel comfortable with having as a First Lady. The U.S. has enough of an image problem and with Terry as the First Lady I think our image will go even further down hill!!!!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'd rather have her as the First Lady telling John exactly what she thinks than have Laura "Stepford Wife" Bush smiling and baking cookies and administering the laura bush school of motoring.

Still, if she keeps this up, she'll contribute to him losing this race.... She needs to keep her yap shut, if we're to Snub the Shrub......

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
The only reason Mrs. kerry is an issue is because the right has made her an issue. Since day one the right has done every thing it could to slander her and her husband. and purple heart bandaids equals scumbag in my opinion.

You know I agree with you, so much bias, the people that criticize her she calls them scumbags guess what they are.

I don't see why she has to show respect for the wants that shows none.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it's great to see anyone, man or woman, who is there own person and speaks thier mind. The neo-cons thinks Americans hate seeing woman out of the kitchen, so they are trying to make her seem outrageous, but I think it's going to backfire and people are going to see her as refreshing.

Newsmax called it "vulgar verbiage"! To quote Dick Cheney....

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do you people not understand that you can express an opinion and be very vocal about your opinion without hurling insults? Or do you think that insulting people and calling people names is the only way to disagree with them?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Oh curme Cheney can talk any way he wants too after all isn�t he the president of US oh........I forgot bush is.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
So what if Teresa is a bit hot-headed? I think its great actually.
I'd rather have her as the First Lady telling John exactly what she thinks than have Laura "Stepford Wife" Bush smiling and baking cookies and administering the laura bush school of motoring.

I would hardly would call Laura Bush a stepford wife. That being said, Laura reminds me of my departed mom. Yes she baked cookies too and smiled a lot. That hardly made her a Stepford. THK, on the other hand seems to have "ISSUES". From the "Im Rich, Bite Me" speech at the DNC, to the intersting behavior around the press, to this recent comment. Yes it is from a right leaning site, but It fits her charecter. Quite a loose cannon sitting on the deck of the SS Kerry. If you look up spoiled rich you find a picture of THK.

Not really first Lady material. I can't stand Hillary Clinton, but she at least carried herself with a little grace and poise.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I really would like to keep Republican vs. Democrat out of this. Assume for a moment that Teresa was a Republican (which I believe she was until recently but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). As a Republican I would be just as upset about her behavior and just as uncomfortable having her as a First Lady.

This has nothing to do with Nationality or with the "neo-cons" spin. We are talking about a woman who insists on hurling insults and childish name calling when she speaks her mind. Do you think that is being a positive role model? Is this showing restraint and respect? Refinement and class? Compassion?

Democrat or Republican, this type of behavior is NOT acceptable. If she were in a court of law she would be found in contempt. There is a right way and a wrong way to voice your opinion. Not only that, but isn't EVERYONE entitled to voice their opinon without being called an idiot? Or is it only O.K. to voice your opinion if you side with Teresa? If her tongue lashings weren't so frequent I might be able to simply ignore it, but it seems like it's the rule rather than the exception.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
No, I dont think that Terry's comments should disqualify Kerry but I think that it is important to remember that the role of the First Lady IS important. A woman who hurls insults at people who don't think like she does is not someone that I feel comfortable with having as a First Lady. The U.S. has enough of an image problem and with Terry as the First Lady I think our image will go even further down hill!!!!

Jemison

I think that it is important to look at who is making this an issue. The Vice President, a figure that has far more influence and exposure than the first lady, curses in the course of public business, and that is glossed over as an isolated event. If you think that Cheney isn't the type to curse on a regular basis, I have a bridge to sell you. Is his foul language impacting our image? I think not. Why would Teresa Heinz Kerry's language have an impact?

And if we are so concerned about our international image, perhaps we should start by taking a cold, hard look at a president that makes extremely embarassing gaffes, such as calling the East Timorese "Timorians" and publically forgetting the names of the leaders of Pakistan, Chechnya, and Taiwan. In a particularly dangerous senior moment, he caused a momentary run on Japanese Yen when he blurped the word "devaluation" instead of "deflation." Yikes. I think that does way more damage to the credibility of the United States than having a first lady who calls those attempting to smear her names. And remember, these aren't mothers and babies that she is cursing at. This is Karl Rove. If Karl Rove was attacking me, I would curse at him too.

Look at these things for what they are--attempts to distract us from the real issues. People swear all the time--it's a non-issue. The fact that it is made into an issue makes our society look even more foolish.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
[I think that it is important to look at who is making this an issue. The Vice President, a figure that has far more influence and exposure than the first lady, curses in the course of public business, and that is glossed over as an isolated event.

The first lady is very relevant. Compare Cheneys public behavior with THK's. Cheney swore once. Kerry on the other hand behaves as if her psych meds levels have gotten a little too low. I disagree about the first lady not having influence. Hillary exerted huge influence on the Clinton White House. THK will do the same. Esp since she controlls old Johns purse strings. The bottom line: there is no Right Wing Conspircy to make her look bad. SHe does just fine on her own. She is not first lady material by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Look at these things for what they are--attempts to distract us from the real issues.

I AM looking at this for what it is. I do not agree with Kerry's health care plan which means that I am one of those people that Teresa is calling an "Idiot". Kerry makes an issue about morals and values and taking the high road and showing compassion, but he has a wife that insists on insulting people that don't believe as she does. She certainly does not represent what he claims he stands for.

If it doesn't bother you that Teresa is disrespectful than you are entitled to that. It bothers ME and I am entitled to my opinion as well. I will be very disappointed if she becomes our First Lady and continues her inappropriate behavior.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps the reason some people feels so strong against her is because she is not american, she is of latina blood like me and I do have black ancesters too.

Yes I know were her temper and hot blood comes from.

I think it has to do with her nationality.

Wow, marg, I think that was just a little over the edge.
That's like making statements about women and "that atime of the month"
That's like saying, well , now that I'm a senior citizen, I can say WHATEVER I feel.

I totatlly agree that those statements border on racism and gender discrimination.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
[
Wow, marg, I think that was just a little over the edge.
That's like making statements about women and "that atime of the month"
That's like saying, well , now that I'm a senior citizen, I can say WHATEVER I feel.

I totatlly agree that those statements border on racism and gender discrimination.

Hey am proud of being hot headed, is part of my heritage,

I know what I am Spanish, minority and I have being treated badly a couple of time but then again it make me a better person.

prejudice is an issue in this country not matter how we try to sugar coated, nothing personal I like your comment You know.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
sorry double posting

[edit on 20-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Perhaps the reason some people feels so strong against her is because she is not american, she is of latina blood like me and I do have black ancesters too.

Yes I know were her temper and hot blood comes from.

I think it has to do with her nationality.

Marg I agree with your sentiments on latina temperament, but I would hasten to assure you that Teresa will quickly show you the error of your ways if you suggested she was latina or had black ancestors. She is Portuguese and white from the priviledged societies of both Mocambique and South Africa. It really is an issue to Mocambiquen Portuguese. she only discovered her "African American" roots for this election. I think reading the following thread may also give some insight into Teresa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ever notice in the States that people of European descent (either Spanish or Portuguese) will quickly point out that they are not latina? I have run into it often.

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Mynaeris,

Thanks for the info, actually I have some friends from Brazil they are of Portuguese descendants but they are nice people, I guess they cannot really be called pure Portuguese.

Yes my grandfather when he was alive he use to make sure we knew that our Spanish ancestry was a fine one, he was pure Spaniard and very proud of his heritage and the fact that he did not had moor blood he had red hair and green eyes, he never liked my mother much for being of mix ancestry.

I guess I can understand what you mean.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hey am proud of being hot headed, is part of my heritage,

I know what I am Spanish, minority and I have being treated badly a couple of time but then again it make me a better person.

prejudice is an issue in this country not matter how we try to sugar coated, nothing personal I like your comment You know.

Marg, I like you, really.

But, I am Polish and we can be stubborn and hot-headed.
My husband is Scots-Irish---I bet he can be more hot tempered than you.
I just don't think it's fair to use your ancetry as an excuse for your behavior.

Furthermore, teressa is high-born. You'd think she would have learned something along the way so she wouldn't embarrass herself and her husband in public. You can be hot-tempered and still get your point across without alienating a lot of people.
If she didn't want to be in the spotlight, she should have told her husband NOT to run.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
To Teresa Kerry,

Scumbags? Flattery will get you no where! I'm still voting for Bush!

For any one who would like to ask Teresa Kerry questions on a one-on-one basis, click here!

Questions will be answered promptly.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe,

I'm glad I am not the only one here hot headed I mean,

I guess that is why we are here in ATS we have to get our opinions out there,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join