It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you get free birth control, I should get free beer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Imagine the consequence of free beer AND birth control??

Madness! A recipe for some good times and bad memories LOL

S+F
Peace & Love

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Do you have a clue about the birth control initiative??? Tax payers won't pay for birth control, the person buying the insurance will! This initiative is about Insurance availability for birth control. You and Limburger should start a new round of deception.

I used to have respect for you, now you are just one more of the mindless dittohead followers. Sad.

edit on 3-3-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)
The question is do you have a clue? O care forces me to buy insurance, which means I am subsidizing other people's birth control. The O insists he can do this because it is a tax. I have had a vasectomy and do not need BC, why should I pay for yours?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

Your statement is not true. First, the pill cost about $12 a month. Come on if this chick cannot come up with $12 then how is she able to be in law school. Next, both cigarettes and alcohol are taxed. Heavily taxed. It used to be that cigarettes generated enough tax revenue to cover the Medicaid program in Kentucky. Now with cigarettes being taboo the Medicaid program is broke. Alcohol is the same. The tax generated from alcohol will be more than enough to cover rehab.

Bottom line; this is just another free handout. Plus, if insurance companies want to cover birth control they do not need Washington to give them permission. I would be embarrassed if that was my daughter begging Washington to pay for her birth control. She has $120,000.00 to go to law school but cannot come up with $12 a month for the pill. Messed up!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Alright, from now on YOUR taxes go to the military industrial complex and put to killing muslims half a world away.

MY taxes go to birth control for needy individuals.

Happy now?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Both are recreation. Fertility is not a disease. If you want to use birth control so you can screw around, that's fine. Budget for it and pay for it yourself. Why should I have to pay for it (In the form of higher premiums or directly as a taxpayer)? Insurance is supposed to "spread the risk" for diseases over which you have no control. Although lifestyle affects health, no one wants a heart attack or cancer. Insurance helps pay for your care when you are ill.

Now if you get free birth control, I want free beer. Not Miller Lite either. I mean GOOD beer. It's as much recreation as sex, therefore if you subsidize sexual recreation, why don't you subsidize my beer, which is also recreation. Ms. Fluke says her and all her college friends in law school will go broke buying birth control because they have so much sex in college. Well, beer is as much a part of the college experience as sex is, so how about some equality here?

And if you call me a drunk because I want free beer, I expect a call from Obama asking if I'm okay.

very nice one ahahah love it but i dont like beer that much for is some old good jack daniels
)))

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

But if all these people didn't use birth control our world would be like Idiocracy. Think about that. Do you want those people having 12 children anyway? I've always used a condom, it protects from germs too.

Isn't it possible that we are lacking some of the greatest minds ever....
due to contraception?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You know if you want free beer then come to the UK!

If you are on benefits and you're an alcoholic the government will give you an extra £30 a week ontop of their normal £45pw to spend on alcohol.

Pretty messed up.

(btw i'm not saying you're a drunk.)

S&F because I couldn't agree with you more.

edit on 4-3-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So much for pro choice! All these women who want their insurance companies to pay for their birth control just gave up any right to choice they ever wanted.
Sex is a choice. It's your personal choice. I have nothing against birth control as long as the individual who wants to have sex PAYS for their birth control. And lets be clear... the poor can't afford health insurance so they won't benefit! Those who CAN afford insurance sure as heck can afford birth control.

I want free GMO free heirloom seeds! I think that's more of a health necessity than free pills.

Edit to add: I am beyond child bearing years BUT .. I have one child, have never deprived my husband and have never taken the pill. It's called being responsible.
edit on 4/3/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If women receive free birth control, men should receive free condoms......except more than half of the males don't even know how to put them on properly!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
they pay insurance to get it

if there was a beer insurance and you received one 6 pack a week ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

Originally posted by bluemirage5

If women receive free birth control, men should receive free condoms......except more than half of the males don't even know how to put them on properly!

condoms are so annoying, especially when you're rocking a 6 inch circumference

You realise thats actually almost perfectly average, circumference wise

2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by bluemirage5

condoms are so annoying, especially when you're rocking a 6 inch circumference

You realise thats actually almost perfectly average, circumference wise

2nd

nope, average is 4.972 inches

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Destinyone

Pass a law to make them use birth control, then you might have me on board.....

I've got a better law. Mandatory DNA testing for paternity.

Target the man and his responsibility - - - he will give women what they need.

I agree. Automatically mandatory for any woman who refuses to list the father on the birth certificate. That is how so many women are getting around the child support laws. They won't list the fathers, so they can't be tracked down by the state to pay for their own children.

I think you're kind of twisted in your statistics and focus.

I'm sure there are some women who do as you state. But in comparison to women abandoned by the Paternal unit - - - hardly a blip.

I dont know. I've seen ALOT of instances where women do this JUST for the benefits. It's bigger than you think.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

they pay insurance to get it

if there was a beer insurance and you received one 6 pack a week ok.
Do you understand how insurance works? I think you do not.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Pass a law to make them use birth control, then you might have me on board.....

I've got a better law. Mandatory DNA testing for paternity.

Target the man and his responsibility - - - he will give women what they need.

I agree. Automatically mandatory for any woman who refuses to list the father on the birth certificate. That is how so many women are getting around the child support laws. They won't list the fathers, so they can't be tracked down by the state to pay for their own children.

I think you're kind of twisted in your statistics and focus.

I'm sure there are some women who do as you state. But in comparison to women abandoned by the Paternal unit - - - hardly a blip.

I dont know. I've seen ALOT of instances where women do this JUST for the benefits. It's bigger than you think.

Where do you see all these women getting pregnant just for the benefits? I'm sure it does happen - - as everything is possible/probable. Where are your statistics?

Again - - compared to Paternal units (sperm donors) abandoning their children - - - I doubt it comes close in percentage.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Are rubbers really that frickin' expensive, that we have to have this discussion? I mean, Planned Parenthood already gives the damned things out for free! If you're in the UK, the National Health provides them, right? Same in Canada, yeah?

Or are we talking about hormone pills for women who can't be arsed to vet their sexual partners (or carry rubbers)?

Or, are we talking about abortions?

I admit, I'm a little confused with the terminology being thrown around today.

But yeah, sign me up for the free beer, too!
edit on 4-3-2012 by seamus because: beeeeer!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Another great philosophy but have you ever read "Billion and Billions" from Carl Sagan? He describes how we can only get so big-in the first place. If there wasn't any birth control our world would be destroyed by the other 90% of people who are intellectuals. We can't even get our sewage treated properly as it is let alone provide water to another 1 billion people. Water wars are already happening, and it will only get worse as the Earth heats up. Disease would spread faster, and so on.

I think we have many intelligent minds right now that are waiting for an education so they can help us all.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Where do you see all these women getting pregnant just for the benefits? I'm sure it does happen - - as everything is possible/probable. Where are your statistics?

Again - - compared to Paternal units (sperm donors) abandoning their children - - - I doubt it comes close in percentage.

Just stickin my nose in where it doesn't belong:

Where? Mostly inner cities and poor rural areas (such as the one where I have recently moved to). You don't need statistics when every time you get in line at the grocery store, the single woman (no wedding band) in front of you with three kids in tow gets out her "EBT" card to pay for her food. I am not judging or anything. That's just the area I live in. And percentage wise, i would say far more sperm donors abandon their kids than women intentionally make babies for benefits. Many (or even most) single mothers have a decent support network (family), or are too proud to even take benefits, as my mother was when she was single in the 70s. She was lucky to have a decent-paying job, though. Nowadays, in the rural south, you are lucky to be able to get a job, and it's usually through some pimp (temp agency) who takes half your pay, where the corp won't hire you because contractor hours are a tax deduction, and employee hours are not, plus they get to dodge comp and benefits that way.

The men who make those decisions (to rape workers for profit) should have bad things happen to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There probably never will be an accurate statistic on this as no one would admit it to a poll taker.
You might be able to compile data on such things as multiple fathers.
In California if you are on welfare you get $X for your first kid from the state and say 3/4 $X for your second child(I don't know the exact mark down.
If you have your second child from a different father though you get $X again instead of the discounted rate.
How do I know this, I've been told this to my face by people who do this, they explained that since I'm a man it would be harder but if I had multiple kids I could get welfare.

I was disgusted and left before I said something stupid.

So no it wouldn't be easy to run stats on this, it's out there though and far more frequent than most people want to admit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join