It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you get free birth control, I should get free beer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Both are recreation. Fertility is not a disease. If you want to use birth control so you can screw around, that's fine. Budget for it and pay for it yourself. Why should I have to pay for it (In the form of higher premiums or directly as a taxpayer)? Insurance is supposed to "spread the risk" for diseases over which you have no control. Although lifestyle affects health, no one wants a heart attack or cancer. Insurance helps pay for your care when you are ill.

Now if you get free birth control, I want free beer. Not Miller Lite either. I mean GOOD beer. It's as much recreation as sex, therefore if you subsidize sexual recreation, why don't you subsidize my beer, which is also recreation. Ms. Fluke says her and all her college friends in law school will go broke buying birth control because they have so much sex in college. Well, beer is as much a part of the college experience as sex is, so how about some equality here?

And if you call me a drunk because I want free beer, I expect a call from Obama asking if I'm okay.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm past childbearing years...I'll be sitting on the bar-stool next to you. Black and Tan please.....

I don't use BC. Even if I did...I'd never ask tax payers to pay for it.

Des

edit on 3-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

LOL, even though this is funny it is the truth. I love your thread S&F. They better be giving me some MGD.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

link   

Brilliant!
Bravo!
*Applause*

I want my free beer also!

(can I have scotch too? )

link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Both are recreation. Fertility is not a disease. If you want to use birth control so you can screw around, that's fine. Budget for it and pay for it yourself. Why should I have to pay for it (In the form of higher premiums or directly as a taxpayer)? Insurance is supposed to "spread the risk" for diseases over which you have no control. Although lifestyle affects health, no one wants a heart attack or cancer. Insurance helps pay for your care when you are ill.

Now if you get free birth control, I want free beer. Not Miller Lite either. I mean GOOD beer. It's as much recreation as sex, therefore if you subsidize sexual recreation, why don't you subsidize my beer, which is also recreation. Ms. Fluke says her and all her college friends in law school will go broke buying birth control because they have so much sex in college. Well, beer is as much a part of the college experience as sex is, so how about some equality here?

And if you call me a drunk because I want free beer, I expect a call from Obama asking if I'm okay.

HELL YEAH !!! Bring out the free beer and cigarettes, too...yay!!!!
I like your thinking. But drinking and driving would probably double...if not triple. Just like teen sex statistics...so would rather my child be having sex and practicing safe sex then more drunks on the road...lol.

link   

Now you just need to get in front of congress so Rush can call you a "beer slut". This will get your movement, well, moving right along.

Aye! Aye! Free beer for the masses!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Great philosophy!

But if all these people didn't use birth control our world would be like Idiocracy. Think about that. Do you want those people having 12 children anyway? I've always used a condom, it protects from germs too.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

weak argument..
less births equals less money the state has to pay to support poor single moms/ unwanted children. preventitive spending.

more alcohol equals more money the state has to pay for rehab, stopping drunk drivers. medical industry has to put higher premiums because alcohol related injuries (car) are the number one killer and maimer of people under 35.

saying birth control is recreation and not worth paying for is a valid argument, but you have to remember that its a preventive cost. and comparing it to free alcohol just does not work.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Now if you get free birth control, I want free beer. Not Miller Lite either. I mean GOOD beer.

I might actually be in favor of Obamacare if this came to pass. Then everyone could pay for my booze and to have my liver fixed.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd like free red wine please.

However, I would pay for someone else's birth control via tax if it stops some of the idiots reproducing and sucking on the welfare state.

But sometimes they can't be assed using the birth control.

link   
reply to post by Nephlim

No beer for you......

link   

You are going to need that beer to trade for food, since the baby machines are on full speed and we can't feed them all.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Ditto my friend, as to the OP, S&F.

I'll take a Rolling Rock, it's all downhill from here

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
L
L

for all their faults the founding fathers batted a million
when they came up with separation of church and state.

bunch a bums calling other people moochers

it is to laugh

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Do you have a clue about the birth control initiative??? Tax payers won't pay for birth control, the person buying the insurance will! This initiative is about Insurance availability for birth control. You and Limburger should start a new round of deception.

I used to have respect for you, now you are just one more of the mindless dittohead followers. Sad.

edit on 3-3-2012 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
so free beer and all you guys are happy with whatever gets said with no critical thinking? and this post gets flagged?

what part of preventive measures is hard to understand? would you rather have condoms available now or the medical bils for a kid for the rest of his life and then to house him in jail for 20 years?

how about overpopulation and all of the dangers with that?

en.wikipedia.org...

How about some critical thinking?
edit on 3-3-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Free beer ? I'm in.

I remember the moderator Intrepid, having a great idea at one time. He sentenced me to good feelings and beer.

So he has at least one solid in any political ventures he may decide to endeavor.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think its a real double edged sword.

The free stuff is for the people who cant afford it, if they lived lives like they should they will have a baby or two and raise the family using BC.

The issue is they will continue to have kids if they cant afford the BC and end up with a huge family they then need even more free support to raise.

The whole thing is people who would use BC cant. If they did there would be less (and more costly) problems later on.

Which side am i on?

Free contraception. Its been in the UK for so long dont even know. But NOT because i think poor/stupid people shouldnt have familys, i want to make that very clear.

Free beer? heeeeeell yes!

edit on 3-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The pill (birth control) is used NOT ONLY for "birth control" but many physical issues women have. Beer is never NEEDED.

Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods Medical Uses of the Pill

edit on March 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If must be nice to be a universal tool there for anyones molding pleasure.
Birth control is cheaper for insurance companies than Pregnancy, Prenatal,
Delivery, post natal, complications other illnesses even. So you are making
insurance more expensive for everyone.

the right wing attacking woman with 50's style, backwards policies is interesting,
what happened to the Freedom message that you guys were preaching 2 years
ago? Which one is you true nature?

edit on 3-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join