It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's the hardest thing isn't it? To decide for yourself who exactly is telling the truth and who has the most to gain by lying. Unfortunately not one of us knows for sure. Which makes for some very educational debates. I know I sure have learned a hell of a lot, and I still have lots to learn.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I think the people of Iran told the truth,in its last elections actually. They dont want Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I dont know about if they want the Grand Ayatollah either,but it was clear they wanted Change. In Russia,the same. In Syria,the same. In America,the same. Obama ran under a "hope and change" platform,and was voted in. As long as their is money to be made,those who hold their power,will not let go lightly. Americas politicians are at their lowest approval rating EVER. No one needs to be bias,or to claim bias,to see the current situation isn't good.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I think the people of Iran told the truth,in its last elections actually. They dont want Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I dont know about if they want the Grand Ayatollah either,but it was clear they wanted Change. In Russia,the same. In Syria,the same. In America,the same. Obama ran under a "hope and change" platform,and was voted in. As long as their is money to be made,those who hold their power,will not let go lightly. Americas politicians are at their lowest approval rating EVER. No one needs to be bias,or to claim bias,to see the current situation isn't good.

That is all true. But who is to say that the next guy will be any better? In America, it doesn't matter who gets voted in, they all forget their brain when they enter the White House. I hope that there is a good candidate for Iran.
edit on 3-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

o was just commenting on him thinking the middle east will rule the world because they are so nice to one each other and set n example on equality. fire that one off to the knuckle children. no one rank race or creed deserve to claim rights to this wonderful globe.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Good, just in time for us Americans to get
our hands on some GOOD cheap oil.
This 4 dollars a gallon is insane.
The faster Iran is taken care of
and are no longer the debt threat the faster can
the people of Iran begin reep the benifits and turn a profit. Kicking their dead beat regime to the curb..
OIL is good
edit on 3-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Let's take over the country for oil. If you can't afford what you drive get a better paying job or a car that has better gas mileage. There's no good reason for anyone to die because your cheap.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

www.presstv.ir

The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) has announced the discovery of a huge oil field with considerable crude reserves in southern Iran.

NIOC's Director for Exploration Seyyed Mahmoud Mohaddes said Saturday that an exploratory oil well has already been drilled in the area.

"The newly-discovered oil field must be considered among the biggest fields ever discovered in Iran," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeah, I bet there is. It's an Iranian page, they are just begging America to enter Iran, insomuch, that they are dangling the one thing that they know will have America licking it's chops. One America falls for this bait and attacks Iran....here comes China, Russia and all other Muslim countries to wipe America and Israel off the map. Or conversly the nukes start flying and we all die a horrible, but pleasant smelling, fried bacon death. Sadly American politicians are just stupid enough or suicidal enough to try it without any real intel. We did it with the weapons of mass stupidity campaign.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What do you want to be that the Oil Companies who PAID for those WMD "worries" knew about this big oil field?

They spend billions with satellite sensor acquisitions to find oil around the globe -- and it's likely Exxon, BP, Shell and the rest knew this fact before it became public knowledge.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

we all die a horrible, but pleasant smelling, fried bacon death.

Thank you! You now owe me a keyboard after spitting my coke all over it....and yes, everything else you said.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Devilish western powers sanction Iran, God delivers on an oil field. You cannot fight god

Is this statement a hint of your true intentions?

Is your god the same as their god? You believe the western powers to be "devilish"? Have we finally outted you as a Iranian puppet?

I remember your old post where you actually wished for European citizens to freeze over this winter as you cheered on an Iranian report that they would no longer sell needed oil to Europe. You actually wished for innocent citizens to suffer, not just the governments who make such decisions.
edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

And I'm sure the war you want with Iran will not kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in Iran?! Give me a break hypocrite!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
My Challenge is open, Go live there. I dare any American.
edit on 3-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

No way bro. I'm technically an infidel.
Muslim fundamentalists would kill me because their religion says to.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Easy mate - convert. You'll be on the winning side, and on the innocent side, its a country with a lot of history, a very very old civilization (if you care for that stuff anyway)... plus you can be polygamous and there women at least obey their men and dont go dressing like whores chanting some feminist crap that rarely makes sense... so, it'll be a change for the better!

Btw... are those necrons on your signature?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

reply to post by Xeven

No he does not, he lets them live in arrogance. Remember the meek shall inherit the earth.

And of course by meek you mean woman abusing, gay killing, election rigging, terrorist funding Iran?

Yeah, real meek.

THere is nothing about election rigging in the Quran, or about terrorism in the quran.

Provide proof of election rigging in iran
Provide proof of terrorist funding in iran

I can provide proof of election rigging here in the USA.

Also USA is the most powerful country bombing and killing civilians in afghanistan. Those afghanis are the meek, and they will inherit the earth. You live just like the Pharoah, the Pharoah died under the sea with all his arrogance after he oppressed the Israelites.

Jew hating? WHat about Muslim hating Haha, plus what about the KKK and neo nazis here in the USA? LMAO what about all those muslim haters like you. Yep I called you a muslim hater and it is just as bad as an anti-semite.
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 11:55:11 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Technically Iranians are a semitic people, are they not. Which would make all the negative Iranian propaganda anti-semitic in nature. So essentually Israel is an anti-semitic nation, as it's the loudest and most hostile middle eastern nation existing right now. American Jewishowned media is also heavily anti-semitic towards Iran, since all we read today in the news are exaggerations, straw man arguments and outright lies about Iran.

Let's make this very clear for the reader. If you want to invade Iran, you are an anti-semite. We do not have to be Muslin lovers in order to call out the obvious "anti-semitism" that is taking place right now against Iran.

And the personal attacks directed towards you are only because you're willing to speak out against Israel and the US, both of which are illegally plotting to attack a country that has harmed no one.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It doesn't say where exactly in Iran. here is a map of Iran illustrating where the oil production areas are located. www.parstimes.com... You see the Persian gulf region is one giant oil field not several scatted over the region.

This is all about Iran trying to say to the world that they have lots of oil and so everyone needs to be nice to them.

The truth of the matter is they are located on the shallows of a great sea of oil that the region is over. Saudi Arabia is over the deepest areas over this great sea of oil. Think of a bath tub where the far end is shallowest. That would be Iran. Where the drain is would be Saudi Arabia. The more the region pumps oil the faster the oil recedes from Iranian lands.

These oil fields are not isolated pockets of oil.

The History www.youtube.com... Note 2:11 frame is a shallow sea at 20 million years ago in the region being discussed here.

The Answer
answers.yahoo.com...

Now you know.
edit on 3-3-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: I added content.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Something everyone should take into consideration is that they know what is about to happen and they are coming out with these stories to try and make it look like something it isn't.
I mean, I am not going to sit here and say that Iran is making up stories to make an invading force look as if they were "going in for oil", but if they were they would release such a story close to when they thought an attack would occur.
Maybe it is fabricated, maybe it isn't, I don't know what to believe about Iran anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Technically Iranians are a semitic people, are they not.

Actually... no. Not even "technically"... Although, you can consider their religion, Islam, as a semitic religion, but then again, so is Judaism and Christianity, so we're not getting anywhere from there.

So... your ignorance is NOT bliss.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Easy mate - convert. You'll be on the winning side, and on the innocent side, its a country with a lot of history, a very very old civilization (if you care for that stuff anyway)... plus you can be polygamous and there women at least obey their men and dont go dressing like whores chanting some feminist crap that rarely makes sense... so, it'll be a change for the better!

Yep, they're Necrons alright.

Also, I don't currently believe in any religion, so convert wouldn't quite be the right word, heheh.
Personally, I believe all religions are a plague on this Earth, but that's neither here nor there.

The relaxed muslims would probably be just fine. The crazy fundamentalist ones, on the other hand...well, they're just crazy and I wouldn't ever want anything to do with them. They make the Westboro Baptist Church folks look like saints, imho.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Good my fellow Iranians do not need nuclear power anymore with such a great find Inshalah...they can use the oil to fuel for energy.

Now I know you will find my comment wrong in some way I am sure but I don't care, I have family in Iran, I am American and Iranian and Muslim...so unless you are Iranian or Muslim with family living in Iran I could care less what your uneducated position is considering you never stepped foot in Iran, did not grow up in a Muslim Iranian house hold and have no relatives on the ground wishing their country would give up its Nuclear power program.

So be the arm chair quarterback who know not the intricacies of my fathers culture and flame on...I am a Marine so unless you served your comments are weak and without merit to me.

Sniper

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Qemyst

Woah woah woah..... I enjoy my women dressing like whores, but they cant be chanting no feminist crap....they need to be silent whores

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Questions

Did Iran already know about this before and are just releasing this as a show of strength?

Are they exaggerating their find?

Does this impact peak oil?

How will this effect oil prices and supply internationally; locally, and what impact of output can this change?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

They do need nuclear power. What will happen when oil runs out? What about the jobs nuclear energy creates?, Nuclear is more advanced when it comes to power generation and every country that is advancing needs to not rely on primitive technologies for electricity generation.

We in the USA have plenty of sunlight, why dont we give up nuclear and go solar?

We have plenty of oil in the USA, why do we need nuclear?

We have plenty of horses here in the USA, why do we need cars?

It is called advancement of technology for the betterment of society.
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 23:04:05 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join