It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by nightbringr

And yeah, really thats not true. While abuse towards gays and women occur here, it is not condoned by the government like it is there. When was the last time you saw two gay teens hung in a city street? Saw a women sentenced to stoning and buried to her neck and slaughtered, all with the governments explict permission? I thought so.

Maybe check out Ethiopia's human rights record and exactly how much the US gives them in foreign aid and food aid? Hint: A lot!

Let me know what your thread title is or even U2U it to me when you get around to making a human rights worst offenders thread. I know it captivates you because you reference it on every Iran thread, no matter the title of the thread.

sooo....a countries people should starve because their government is full of morons?

I find it amazing how people draw correlations sometimes

and how about you explain to me how this has anything to do with the thread? or even to the post you were replying to.......

Just because America sends foreign aid to the people of a country, doesnt mean they agree with how their gov works......

Infact most of the time the aid is sent is because the people are suffering BECAUSE of that government......

Seriously...........

edit on 3-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Iran is just like America 200 or so years ago. Stoning, drowning, burning our way through history. Did the US need another country to invade us before we finally straightened out? Let them play out their course in history because historically we all came from barbaric ways.

And once again i ask you to point out the part of my post where i recommended invading them?

Why do you keep chirping at me about invading them? Did i once say anything about bombing, invading, sanctioning or anything else? Do you read before you post?

edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Where did I say you said invade or sanction? I asked did the US need another country to invade them before they straightened out? No words where put in your mouth. Just a question and yes I do read and re-read the post. Isn't this the main reason for the "Quote" button?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And yeah, really thats not true. While abuse towards gays and women occur here, it is not condoned by the government like it is there. When was the last time you saw two gay teens hung in a city street? Saw a women sentenced to stoning and buried to her neck and slaughtered, all with the governments explict permission? I thought so.

Maybe check out Ethiopia's human rights record and exactly how much the US gives them in foreign aid and food aid? Hint: A lot!

Let me know what your thread title is or even U2U it to me when you get around to making a human rights worst offenders thread. I know it captivates you because you reference it on every Iran thread, no matter the title of the thread.

sooo....a countries people should starve because their government is full of morons?

I find it amazing how people draw correlations sometimes

and how about you explain to me how this has anything to do with the thread? or even to the post you were replying to.......

Just because America sends foreign aid to the people of a country, doesnt mean they agree with how their gov works......

Infact most of the time the aid is sent is because the people are suffering BECAUSE of that government......

Seriously...........

Soooo...sending money to a government that is corrupt and killing it's own people is helping starving people? How do you breathe with your head so far in the sand?

I agree with you on trying to understand how people draw correlations, very confusing to me.

If you can't figure out how my post was in response to another post...well, there's nothing more I can do for you.

Yes, they do. By sending foreign aid to a government, they are supporting that government. I can't do all the research for you, so I'm sorry, but you will have to do your own research into how foreign aid works.

When the government wants to help the people suffering because of another government, they usually don't give that government money without strings attached.

If you wish to discuss this further, please U2U me or start a thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Iran is just like America 200 or so years ago. Stoning, drowning, burning our way through history. Did the US need another country to invade us before we finally straightened out? Let them play out their course in history because historically we all came from barbaric ways.

And once again i ask you to point out the part of my post where i recommended invading them?

Why do you keep chirping at me about invading them? Did i once say anything about bombing, invading, sanctioning or anything else? Do you read before you post?

Where did I say you said invade or sanction? I asked did the US need another country to invade them before they straightened out? No words where put in your mouth. Just a question and yes I do read and re-read the post. Isn't this the main reason for the "Quote" button?

Not sure at all why your discussing an invasion, since its not the OP topic, nor did i bring it up at all. Again, i do not nor have i ever recommended invading Iran!

i dont care about the USA 200 years ago, its not the subject nor does it have any bearing on Irans situation today. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe they knew it was there all along as did America. Announcing it is a smart move, it increases the chance of people calling out oil war and we all know who has a history of that...

Info-war card, well played Iran.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Finally some good news !

More Oil for West (after the democracy will be brought upon Iran) and less worries for Israel that will be alone in bombing Iran.

Are those iranians really stupid ? These kind of news should have been hidden for AFTER Iran will have nukes.

Telling it now is like a skinny, old and ill guy yelling on the streets of a nasty neigbourhood : "Look, i have the big prize lottery ticket ! "

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Even China Admits: Iran, Tatneft Ink 1 Billion Dollars Worth Of Oil Deal (December 18, 2011)

kazantimes.com...

TEHRAN, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) — Iran signed an oil contract worth one billion U.S. dollars with a Russian oil company on Sunday, the state IRIB TV website reported. The Iranian Petroleum Engineering and Development Company and Russian Tatarstan republic’s Tatneft Oil Company signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on development of Zagheh oil field in southern Iran.

This first came out on December 18th and then...

The preliminary contract will be finalized after 3 months when the technical studies are completed, said the report without specifying the value of the contract.

So, I'm guessing this is the oilfield they're talking about.

Three dimensional seismic operations and data processing are among the work carried out previously in the field, the website said, adding that the development of Zagheh oil field will also be funded by Iran’s private bank of Tat.

It looks like Russia tried to deny it the very next day (December 19, 2011):

Tatneft, in a statement Monday, denied it made any deal with the Iranians.

"In connection with certain reports in the media about Tatneft signing a contract with respect to certain oil fields in Iran, the press-service of JSC Tatneft informs that Tatneft Group have not entered into any agreements, contracts and have not accepted any other undertakings relating to oil and gas projects in Iran," the statement read.

www.upi.com...

And based on this...

SHANA noted that Iran was set to finance drilling operations at the Zagheh oil field through its own banks

I'm guessing it's propaganda that's not going to make it very far.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You clearly dont understand how foreign aid works..........

Perhaps get a better grasp on that before trying to use it as an example of the US government being in favor of countries that destroy their own people.....

This is a poor attempt to refute the other posters point of the Iranian regimes practices.......

I dont need to u2u you or start a thread, Ill call you out on it on this one.....

your lack of knowledge on foreign aid and how it is allocated is apparent......

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And i care about this why? Not the subject, nor does it have any bearing on it.

Canada gives them $170 M a year.
edit on 3-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Mkay, ill get right on that.

Im assuming since you believe the USA (perhaps rightfully) to be the biggest abusers, i should only focus on them? I wonder why? Are we only allowed to point at the biggest bully on the block, and not the little ones who are worse, yet do not have the capability to abuse as others do because they have smaller wallets?

Your a strange one. So, by your logic we can only criticize America, right? Or perhaps the West? Strange. If you really did follow my posts, you will see i do have a problem with local and regional governance as well, and am in fact quite active in local and federal politics. So yeah, i do try and change what i feel is wrong over here too.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart
Maybe they knew it was there all along as did America. Announcing it is a smart move, it increases the chance of people calling out oil war and we all know who has a history of that...

Info-war card, well played Iran.

Reposted cause that's a smart smart line of thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

All war is deception.~Sun Tzu

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They're beating their chests. They're bloody and down, but too proud to admit it.

They want war. They will go down fighting and screaming like lunatics.

This is what it reminds me of:
Iron is rock hard stubborn and dirty to the core. They won't stop. They're ready for war. Too proud to quit. Too confident are they in their faith and in their hatred of america and israel.

Just like Saddam. Just like Gaddafi. Just like all the others.

Fools.
edit on 3-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I think you are getting sucked into a lot of b.s. friend.
I, like you, don't support the tactics against Iran, but you are being pulled into a reverse propaganda situation.
You are denying the western propaganda so vehemently that it has blinded and fooled you opposite of those people who believe it.

Iran is no saint. Don't take a side with any government they all lie. Side with people, and side against war.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Iran is no saint. Don't take a side with any government they all lie. Side with people, and side against war.

Precisely!

Yes, the West have its problems and coruption, perhaps as bad or worse in some ways than Iran. But to use Iran as a shining example of all that is right and good? Laughable.

If you want to hold up a country as an example, why not Iceland, Sweden or the like. But no, people back Iran blindly simply because they thumb their noses at the US.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Almost seems like it would be better to just come out and say it's an oil war. Stop with the religious fairy tales, stop with the terrorist bunk, stop with the liberation BS, it's about oil, and if we don't have it, life as we know it will come to an end. Would Western civilization not get behind that? Take people's cars away, among the countless other oil-dependent products, how long do you think people would protest an oil war? Probably not long. And if they would just come out and admit it, think how much easier it would be than having to concoct all these felonious excuses like 9/11 and WMDs in order to invade countries. Perhaps I'm underestimating the values of Western citizens and they wouldn't go to war to keep their cushy lives, I'm not so sure though.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

God obviously favors these develish western powers though. We have lived in realive peace and tranquility

What world do you live in,?????
Its quite obviously not the real world.
When has this world ever lived in Peace and tranquility???????????????????????????????????????
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This world and it people have been fighting wars ever since religion was INVENTED and we could sharpen a stick to stab into someone who's religious beliefs were different from our own.

to point many of us are obese from the blessings bestowed by god.

Its because people are lazy that people are OBESE is because people dont excersize that people are FAT.
Its got nothing to do with a false god.
And Its because of religious nutters that this world is in constant war.
Stuff your god and stuff those that believe in one.

When you compare Western lifestle to those in that part of the world one can only come to the conclusion god has indeed bleesed America as devilish as it may be.

Blessed???????????????????????
This last statement of yours just shows how little you know about the world around you.
Ignorance must be your middle name.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Gee, what a surprise

And some people still think we're going in there to protect Israel from the Iranian nuclear threat.

People are so deluded.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When will we realise that oil isn't the only source of fuel on this planet.
When will we realise that We are not dependent on oil, but its the governments and the owners of oil companies that are dependent on us believing that oil is the only source of fuel for this planet and its people.

I hope that there comes a day that all the owners of oil companies and all politicans that are bribed and influenced by oil companies die in violent ways

Only then maybe these wars for oil and our dependence on oil stop.

edit on 3-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah, the last "war for oil" worked out well for the U.S.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

And i care about this why? Not the subject, nor does it have any bearing on it.

Canada gives them $170 M a year.
edit on 3-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Mkay, ill get right on that.

Im assuming since you believe the USA (perhaps rightfully) to be the biggest abusers, i should only focus on them? I wonder why? Are we only allowed to point at the biggest bully on the block, and not the little ones who are worse, yet do not have the capability to abuse as others do because they have smaller wallets?

Your a strange one. So, by your logic we can only criticize America, right? Or perhaps the West? Strange. If you really did follow my posts, you will see i do have a problem with local and regional governance as well, and am in fact quite active in local and federal politics. So yeah, i do try and change what i feel is wrong over here too.

I do not believe the USA to be the biggest abusers, but, when someone makes a thread on "Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran", and then it gets turned into a human rights issue (
) I feel it is fair to turn the tables. Iran has a horrible track record with human rights. So does the US and virtually every other country out there. Point out the little ones all you want, just don't focus solely on them. Iran's human rights record has nothing to do with the thread title.

I don't think I'm strange. By my logic we should stick to the issue at hand, not derail threads by discussing human rights. Like I said, I will be a willing participant in your human rights thread, there is enough horror in the world to have an entire website devoted to discussing the horrible wrong doings perpetrated by governments to their people. I do agree with you, human rights should be more about rights than some blurb in a newspaper. I just get irked when people say that the USA is any better than Iran. Maybe in their own country, but definitely not overseas. And if this is really about Iran's nuclear intentions and the way they treat their people than where was the US during the Rwanda genocide? Oh right...

Rwanda is a country of few natural resources, and the economy is based mostly on subsistence agriculture by local farmers using simple tools.

From link.
Kind of hard to make a profit off of that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join