It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE ATS JOHN LEAR GUEST SPEAKER EVENT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Our new forum that allows for a more structured and controlled environment for high-profile guest contributors and speakers is ready to begin it's first event with Mr. John Lear. The forum will function in the say way as the Campaign 2004 Issues forum, where only authorized members are allowed to post, but everyone can read.

Beginning today at approximately 18:00 EST, and lasting for at least two weeks, our first official guest is John Lear.

John will be taking your questions and comments in the new forum, from members expressing an interest and desire for a formal "community interview" discussion. To Participate... Send me or William One Sac a very brief U2U outlining the following: 1- Your interest and experience with UFO and ET subjects 2- Your intended angle of questions (UFOlogist, Skeptic, Undecided) Please be brief! We plan to establish equal proportions of each of the three groups (or as close to equal as possible), from members who demonstrate in their board history and U2U to us, the ability to participate in a lucid and informative exchange. This process is in-place to create a fair and management environment for our guest participants. While we expect the discussion to still be "fast and furious", there will be a much more manageable environment with multiple subject threads. [edit on 20-9-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
SO, it looks like you've redeemed yourself.

When is this planned event to take place?

I ask, as I don't want to put myself forward in case I am unavailable.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is very good, and very official, I will be just happy to read the forum while the connoisseurs ask the questions.

Mr. Lear has gotten my attention and I can wait to read more on his views. I will never be an expert on UFOs but I think is a very interesting Issue.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The floor will be opened this evening (EST). John has been asked to write a brief intro to kick things off. I'll be creating topical threads of the main issues discussed in the previous mega-thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
One side-note... We certainly don't expect this to be a complete milk-toast cake-walk for John or any other future guest. Civility will be enforced and the rate of questions much more manageable. However, extraordinary claims are subject to extraordinary analysis.
The difference will be a more managed approach at discussion and decorum. Any user being abusive in this strict environment will have their participation priveledges removed and receive a temporary posting ban for 3 days (5 warns).

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I won't be able to make it, unfortunately.

I assume its Ok to U2U one of the participants if you want them to ask questions on your behalf?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
WOW SO has a soft side!
I knew you were a big teddy bear

Any way, I am intrested, but my physics class is on monday nights. Will this be the only event in which JL will be active in? I have come up with alot of good and well thought out questions I would love to ask him.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The "event" will likely last several weeks. So... don't think that today is the only opportunity.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Don't forget some kudos and credits to Partykid for getting the ball rolling, if you will through the initial Q&A.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Don't forget some kudos and credits to Partykid for getting the ball rolling, if you will through the initial Q&A.

He was in the very end of the initial Q&A.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Can�t we just have a normal dialog with Mr. Lear without having to register as a UFOlogist, Skeptic or Undecided participant? I have a small number of questions for Mr. Lear at this point and would rather not register my beliefs and �join a team� of like-minded members in order to get his answers to three questions.

I appreciate the effort in designing this format but would prefer a normal free flowing conversation without restrictions.

This isn't intended to cause drama, it's simply my opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard UFOlogist, Skeptic or Undecided participant
Those were intended as examples of the types of members who might participate. "Free flowing" may also end up meaning overwhelming.
Any member is welcome to apply.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
"Free flowing" may also end up meaning overwhelming.

Good point, it could turn into a three ring circus.

Because John Lear is a member of ATS I�m curious how future threads will be handled after the formal �guest Speaker Event�. He has stated that he would like to maintain his membership here so it�s inevitable that other �John Lear� threads will be started. Will he be able to freely state his own personal opinion in an open and �normal� discussion with the members of this site?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well done! Don't want to participate, because im known of every John's claim and so on

OFFTOPIC: SO u2u me an answer! Urgent!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Because John Lear is a member of ATS I�m curious how future threads will be handled after the formal �guest Speaker Event�. He has stated that he would like to maintain his membership here so it�s inevitable that other �John Lear� threads will be started

John's been a poster here for some time actually...I suggest clicking on him, and seeing past posts... You'll have to go about 4 pages or so to get past the current threads. I bumped another one of the threads he participated on back in March, and it's got some other Q&A....

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply Gazrok.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Will the interview be available for viewing as it developes to those members who choose, for whatever reasons, not to participate in posting?

I ask this because of my limited knowledge on the subject. Although I have read the entire thread begun by partykid (excellent read, btw...including the debate over debunking, etc) there seems to be so much more 'waiting in the wings'.

I would join as a 'silent participant' otherwise...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

where only authorized members are allowed to post, but everyone can read.

SMR

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Not sure if this was said,but is there a time limit to enter?
Say I feel like kicking back for a moment and just read,but then decide I would like to join in.Can I U2U one of you to add me in,or is the time to get included now.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I didn't think he was Real John Lear Gazrok.

I supposed if I had bothered reading his post....I would have known huh?

I'm such a DORK!

Anyways..... I'm just Thrilled he REALLY is John Lear! I heard him on Coast to Coast with Art Bell. I just have some a general questions for John regarding a 1995 sighting we had out here near Area 51.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join