It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video: Libyan rebels cage black Africans, force-feed them flags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A shocking video has appeared on the Internet showing Libyan rebels torturing a group of black Africans. People with their hands bound are shown being locked in a zoo-like cage and forced to eat the old Libyan flag. ­”Eat the flag, you dog. Patience you dog, patience. God is Great,” screams a voice off-camera.

The torturers are also shown making the group of captive black Africans stand up with pieces of green cloth still in their mouths and apparently forcing them start jumping.

A number of people are shown standing outside the cage watching the atrocity. After Muammar Gaddafi was killed, hundreds of migrant workers from neighboring states were imprisoned by fighters allied to the new interim authorities.

They accuse the black Africans of having been mercenaries for the late ruler. In the course of the fighting to topple Gaddafi last year, sub-Saharan African migrants and refugees “became targets of stigma, discrimination and violence,” the human rights group Amnesty International said last month.

“At the beginning of the crisis, there was vastly exaggerated propaganda for which the highest level of the National Transitional Council should take some responsibility because they largely contributed to that unfounded propaganda,” said Donatella Rovera, Amnesty’s senior crisis response advisor.

Some of the black migrants managed to flee into neighboring Mali and Niger, but more than 5,000 were detained. They face mass execution, beatings, and revenge killings, according to an Al Jazeera report published back in September.

Before the Libyan uprising broke out, the country hosted about a million black African workers, many of them employed in domestic work, construction, trash collection and other low-wage jobs.

Human Rights Investigations (HRI) suspect Libyan rebels of ethnic cleansing of the black population of the country, particularly in the city of Tawergha.

Yeah Libya is so much better off now.

Win for democracy wouldn't you say?

How the *(#@$&(*#@ does someone do this to another person.

I'm seriously at a loss here

source

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why does it specifically say "black" Africans?

At least to me the torturers also look black.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Democracy at work. The 51% always controls the 49%. Welcome to the brave new world.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So these are the protectors of freedom and bringers of Democracy to the opressed land of Libya that we and Europe worked so hard to support and hand a whole nation to as if it were Christmas and they'd all be especially good last year.

I wonder how the Merc troops in the cages feel about the whole freedom and democracy tag line on this show? I'll just bet they'd take issue with the truth of it, right about now. Considering they are there because they were Merc troops Gadaffi had hired and brought in..I'd say they're dearly wishing they'd won the war.

You know what? I wish they did too. This is shameful to see as the side we supported. Good Lord... We seem to have no values or morality at all anymore for who we do or do not support...in HUGE PUBLIC WAYS (that is what has changed). Scary times, folks.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well the LIFG (the rebels) that took over the country due to being backed by NATO are sharia law Islamist with ties to Al-Qeuda. It sounds good to us westerners when people claim they are fighting for freedom, but they weren't. Freedom to a jihadist means Sharia law, having the freedom to not chose to sin because it is illegal and immoral. A lot of westerners seem to forget that freedom can have many interpretations due to which belief system you're being indoctrinated in.

Not saying that Gadaffi was good, but these people sure aren't as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Crimes like the video you posted above will be ignored by the USA media. But if this were happening in Iran or Syria it would be plastered all over the news.

edit on 2-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't know what to say that I haven't said before. Just remember: That was only 1:08 out of their day. I doubt any of them are still alive.

Welcome to Obama's "Change."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I absolutely agree. Gadaffi is the last man I would have called good or with clean hands. Far from it. He was his own little monster. He was a Libyan problem though..not a world problem. Just like Assad is a Syrian problem. We're watching the animals we helped, handle a nation in the aftermath. Yet, instead of learning, we're falling all over ourselves to double down on stupid in Syria, with the SAME song and dance...for the SAME "freedom fighters" (In spirit, at the very least) and likely to the SAME outcome.

Gadaffi was no angel..but he absolutely did nothing to deserve having his nation stolen from him...chased down and cornered like an animal in a drainage pipe, then repeatedly raped in a public street like some kind of demented play toy for the Rebels who got him.

These aren't people who think the same way we do...IMO. I wish people would look beyond themselves and realize that...

edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Democracy is the best. We know what is better for everyone else. Ghaddafi was a monster. The Lybian people will see a new level of freedom (as long as they are on the right side of the majority).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

there is a difference between Arab and Nubian.

There is also the difference in tribes. some are entirely black and others entirely Arab. This has caused massive death tolls since before NATO support to groups like the NTC that targeted Black Muslims tribal warfare claimed a significantly smaller portion of total deaths. Since the advent of NATO air strikes and modern weaponry coupled with training and direct support by NATO troops, there has been massacres all attributed to NATO and their support of random rebel groups like the NTC.

That is the danger of sending arms and training to groups that have no central leadership and no core goal. They end up committing crimes against humanity under the guise of freedom fighters. NATO I believe was fully aware of this possibility but since they wished to depose the Libyan government at all costs they turned a blind eye in all cases to the genocide committed in Libya, in others they knew and still responded to air strikes against unarmed civilians.

It is a little presumptuous to think that all brown people are the same since even the white population in the world is very diverse. There is a difference between a brown person from central America, an Arab, an Indian, etc as there is a difference between a Scottish person, a native Brit, the Irish, Europeans etc.

To over simplify a situation like this is wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
To over simplify a situation like this is wrong.

I wasn't over simplifying this at all. What I was doing was stating that the author of the article (not the OP) was over simplifying it by calling them just "black africans" which by your own discussion is an over simplification IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Welcome to Obama's "Change."

Change you can believe in right?

Well i'm sure if i 'took that to the bank' my check would be rejected

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Kn0wh0w,
Thanks for sharing this video... To be honest I really don't see how anyone can treat another person like that. I am speechless, disgusted, and sad for those men. What horrible things to do, they act like animals. If wish I could take those horrible mens guns and bend them over and show them torture.. UGH! Also if they didn't have those guns they wouldn't be so scary now would they. These are the type of people I wouldn't mind personally taking care of, if ya know what I mean. Seriously.
I will pass this on..
Thank you Kn0wh0w for again keeping us informed and updated on the corruption our media hides from us!!!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There will be no Paradise for these men. Only a cold, hard reality brought to life, made possible by the malicious pain and death they brought upon others, and all the negative imprints they've burnt into their conscious. If the Abrahamic God is real, may he have mercy on their souls. If he isn't, there won't be any mercy. Just a life full of suffering, brought back to them like a boomerang.

I don't want men like this to suffer these things though. I just know that one day, they may look back at the things they did and regret them. If rebirth is real, like I believe it is, their next life will be far, far more brutal than anything they've encountered thus far. When you act like an animal, you become one, in more ways than one.
edit on 2-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Humans are animals, don't matter that most humans deem themselves superior to other animals. Kinda like the people here deem themselves to be superior to the people they are, erm, rehabilitating? We are animals, we treat our "criminals" less than human(if your are in the US or Canada, I haven't experienced the rest of the world). Why do people cry foul when they see any other place in the world treating their "criminals" like less than human? Is it selective memory, or hypocrisy?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't agree in treating criminals like animals. I don't agree with treating human like animals. I don't even agree with treating animals like disposable objects. Injustice is injustice, and it pains me to see it wherever it occurs. There's a lot of it in the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't like humans treating other animals bad.

I don't like humans treating other humans bad.

I don't like a lot of things about the USA criminal justice system. Why can't I dislike both?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Aweful display of humanity. Like most Americans, I wish there was something in my power to stop these atrocities.
However, I do not think that the article has a good argument that racism is involved. Without being able to translate and see more footage, I won't be able to get behind that. (The classic Media Manipulation. I still like RT, but all of these media outlets are guilty of it.)

On a side note: I think that if the prisoners were full of a good mixture of all races, there would be the same amount of racist things being said from captors

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As the saying goes "better the devil I know than the angel I know not". The West quest to "liberate so called oppressed people" always result in more sufferings and more suppression through aggression. Iraq is worst than it was before and now Libya. Do not know the outcome of Syria and Yemen but Egypt is already showing its colours.
When the Mideast is finally under the Muslim Brotherhood it will be a bigger problem than Iran is now. Imagine a united front and most probably no more friendly to the US and the West. Bases will start to go and you can imagine the logistics needed for military involvement then. Do not interfere in other countries sovereign governance. They themselves know what is best for their own country bearing in mind the different ethnic groups and religious beliefs. Stay out and let the UN do its job. By the way the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Countries) could also do its part. If they stay out why should you step in. Ask yourself that.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm confused.

If one side was evil and needed to be gotten rid of, and this is the other side who act like barbarians also...

Why did anyone give a toss?

Put a dome over the entire place, let them sort themselves out...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ethnic cleansing of blacks was there right from the start of this farce. To counter stories about this MSM started rolling stories of Gaddafi bringing craploads of black African mercenaries to help him "fight the population". So when you saw blacks killed, chained, beaten ETC you thought "well the rebels have a right to be angry". The sad thing is that most don't care, they are told that democracy has won and justice was done and that's enough for them, people want to live in the la la land. Reality is rarely that simple.

top topics

join