It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Sebelius: Decrease in Human Beings Will Cover Cost of Contraception Mandate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.), a member of the subcommittee, said after the hearing that if mandating contraception saves money there shouldn’t be a need for a mandate.

Exactly!

I agree that family planning is extremely important, and I sure as hell know plenty of people that ought to be sterilized, but we don't need to mandate that anyone pays for it against their will. If it is a cost-saver, then the insurance companies will automatically cover the procedure, and if the companies or employers have a spiritual objection to cost-savings, then that is their right, and we shouldn't mandate they participate.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by newcovenant
I am sorry but I fail to see what is wrong with a decrease of human beings on this planet.

She wasn't talking about 'on the planet' .. she was talking about here in the USA so that they could push their agenda and get it through. Looks like it's a party line thing .... throw wide open the borders and bring in tons of illegals, but then say that Americans who are here shouldn't have babies because there are too many people here to be able to push the Obamacare agenda.

Oh that is not what she is saying and I think you know it.
Pity you choose to twist things around and mislead people.

Does anyone on your side know the difference between a living breathing human being
and a conceptual human being?

Why do you bow to the concept of human life as all holy with one hand
then with the other hand and at the same time
disrespect, disregard and spit upon the living breathing human
(and fellow creatures and the planet itself for that matter)
whom you ALREADY SHARE the earth with?
edit on 2-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I honestly do not see what the problem is here. I think it is rather sad that the government has to force companies to do something they should have been doing for years. Birth contol has multiple purposes besides prevention of pregnancy. It can help regulate periods, reduce severe cramping, prevent cancer and in teens help with acne and mood swings. I think your missing the point just because health care providers are forced to give free birth control does not mean as consumer you have to take it. Now you actually have that choice. As before alot of women did not. Besides overpopulation is not just a third world problem. It is everyones problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Government has no right to mandate anything, it's coersion, and should be illegal, is illegal according to your constitution.

Sorry, but I disagree with the government telling ANY individual or ANY business for that matter that it MUST do something as it purchase a product or provide it to their employees. This whole healthcare plan only helps big pharma and the insurance companies by putting money in their pocket, while doing nothing to address the rising cost of health care.

~Tenth

If Obama had been allowed to have the original healthcare plan he envisioned, i.e., public option, it would have cut the cost of health care quite a bit. But the insurance companies sure didn't want that, and the GOP fought it with everything they had simply because they wanted Obama to fail (at the expense of Americans). Now, it looks like Obama has failed with his healthcare plan. The truth is, the final plan is so watered down, it's practically useless. Obama loses, the American people lose, the GOP and the insurance companies win.

This whole thing with the birth control mandate is Obama's attempt at salvaging whatever he can of the original plan to please the far left, since the far left is very disappointed at the final healthcare plan (me included).
edit on 2-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jibeho

Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.), a member of the subcommittee, said after the hearing that if mandating contraception saves money there shouldn’t be a need for a mandate.

Exactly!

I agree that family planning is extremely important, and I sure as hell know plenty of people that ought to be sterilized, but we don't need to mandate that anyone pays for it against their will. If it is a cost-saver, then the insurance companies will automatically cover the procedure, and if the companies or employers have a spiritual objection to cost-savings, then that is their right, and we shouldn't mandate they participate.

Then scrap Obama Care and replace it with a PUBLIC OPTION.

I think this is the only remaining solution but what do I know. I just paid 150 dollars cash to get a doctor to prescribe me antibiotics for a cold. I am enjoying the free choices I have...I choose to get ripped off royally.. that or die. I'm so fortunate to live here in America! Yaaaay.... Cough... cough.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The world will run out of space eventually. Taming population growth is not a bad thing for heavy populated areas.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We have some sick bastards in this country.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes, the Public Option, which was the only decent part of Obamacare, is the part that was stripped! Why not let private citizens pay a premium to participate in Medicare? Why not make it a law that Healthcare Providers charge the same price for cash customers as they do for Insurance Companies?

When I was born, my Dad saved up $3000 and paid cash for me.
That is basically impossible these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes, the Public Option, which was the only decent part of Obamacare, is the part that was stripped! Why not let private citizens pay a premium to participate in Medicare? Why not make it a law that Healthcare Providers charge the same price for cash customers as they do for Insurance Companies?

When I was born, my Dad saved up $3000 and paid cash for me.
That is basically impossible these days.

When my daughter was born in 1974, in California, we used an osteopath, who specialized in home deliveries. She was born at home and the whole thing, prenatal care and all, cost $400!

It is also my hope that Obamacare be scrapped and the public option instituted.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I hardly see the issue here..

Pregnancies can be expensive. Pre-natal care is expensive, the delivery is expensive, complications of delivery; expensive. Pre-mature birth? I'd be that's really expensive.

Contraception? Fairly cheap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join