It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Sebelius: Decrease in Human Beings Will Cover Cost of Contraception Mandate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Now there's a happy thought. If I follow that line of thinking I could surmise that Obamacare death panels could cull enough of the herd to cover the costs of Obamacare!!

This has to stop!! Are we living in !@#$%^ China?

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told a House panel Thursday that a reduction in the number of human beings born in the United States will compensate employers and insurers for the cost of complying with the new HHS mandate that will require all health-care plans to cover sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions.

“The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception,” Sebelius said. She went on to say the estimated cost is “down not up

cnsnews.com...

This is the mentality that our nation is up against!!

Interesting exchange

“Who pays for it? There’s no such thing as a free service,” Murphy asked.

Sebelius responded that that is not the case with insurance.

“The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for cost of contraception,” Sebelius answered.

Murphy expressed surprise by the answer.

“So you are saying, by not having babies born, we are going to save money on health care?” Murphy asked.

Sebelius replied, “Providing contraception is a critical preventive health benefit for women and for their children.”

Murphy again sought clarification.

“Not having babies born is a critical benefit. This is absolutely amazing to me. I yield back,” he said.

Sebelius responded, “Family planning is a critical health benefit in this country, according to the Institute of Medicine.”

cnsnews.com...

So, family planning should now be mandated by the Federal Govt.? What's next the Federal Govt. mandating how many children we choose to bring into this world.? The baby steps that this administration are taking will ensure that in the future. How else will they pay for everything that they want in their massive Social Engineering scheme in the U.S. ?

Everyday its just more and more of this mind bending nonsense.... What more does the nation need to see in order to wake up out the the trance!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am sorry but I fail to see what is wrong with a decrease of human beings on this planet.
And I am Irish Catholic myself... taught to breed like little white bunnies, don't spill it on the ground, every sperm counts. No birth control and no abortions. We have armies to man, child.
edit on 2-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Final nugget. Does this make sense? It does to me

Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.), a member of the subcommittee, said after the hearing that if mandating contraception saves money there shouldn’t be a need for a mandate.

“Their argument is this: Health insurance companies will offer it for free because they make money. You reduce the number of people getting pregnant therefore you reduce the cost of pregnancy, or low birth weight pregnancies or other kind of pregnancies,” Guthrie told CNSNews.com.

“If you think about it, why don’t health insurance companies provide it now if the argument is health insurance companies are going to make a lot of money? If the health insurance companies were really acting in their own best interest, they would be giving these pills out for free, if it really saved money,” Guthrie added.

Despite the controversy over whether the mandate is constitutional, Sebelius told Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) during the hearing that the administration never sought a legal opinion about the regulation from the Department of Justice.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
From the perspective of a bureaucratic governing entity there is a tipping point where expenses, revenue and population no longer mesh.

In SimCity this is where too many people and too many expenses wipe out what little revenue thats coming in and you click "natural disaster" to act a pressure release valve.

Of course, changing policies that affect expenses and revenue can serve to alleviate the same pressures without playing "god" with life and death but funny enough playing "god" is more friendly politically than messing with expenses and revenue.

The voting population would rather you kill them than cut back on their luxuries.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Quite a few policies cover BC and even vasectomies because it is cheaper than birthing a child.

I've never had coverage that didnt.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I am sorry but I fail to see what is wrong with a decrease of human beings on this planet.

She wasn't talking about 'on the planet' .. she was talking about here in the USA so that they could push their agenda and get it through. Looks like it's a party line thing .... throw wide open the borders and bring in tons of illegals, but then say that Americans who are here shouldn't have babies because there are too many people here to be able to push the Obamacare agenda.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

And I am Irish Catholic myself...and we are taught to breed like little white bunnies, don't spill it on the ground as every sperm counts. No birth control and no abortions. We have armies to man, child.

That is your personal choice to make within your family. Should the govt. get involved with federal mandates?

We are already seeing a decrease in birth rates over the past several years in the U.S. There was peak around 2006 preceded by a 12 year decrease. European nations have also experienced a decrease in birth rates. The problem lies in other nations and cultures.
edit on 2-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Continued..
Re: Fewer people is in our best interests.

This is just a philosophical difference we share. I do not like people over me and I will not bow to their wishes nor fall victim to their plan not matter how much they try to convolute an issue and push those emotional buttons. I see what this group is trying to do. I am not a minion of the GOP, Don't get warm and fuzzy at the flag, I am loyal to no one but myself.
Isn't it a little suspicious the same people who say birth control and heath care is govt interference in a persons life are anti union? Uhh...Telling a working man he cannot gather and negotiate his wage and working conditions with his employer. HELLO??? Is anyone home? Can you say CORPORATE NATION soon?

Conversely...
If there is enough for everyone, and we know it, then you eliminate the need for a caste system, some people do not get to have and keep slaves working for a pittance. Peoples work would be necessary and appreciated. At the end of the day they might feel fairly treated. Presently - Who doesn't feel like a slave? If you have to beg for money (as in a decent minimum wage) just to live and eat not to afford any luxury items...you are a slave.
With less population and greater abundance you eliminate the caste system, the upstairs downstairs. Everyone's equal.

There are a whole class of people who do not want that - ever. Without a teeming, scramble of destitute, struggling and starving who will work for a pittance, without many people lower than them, needing their beneficence...they might have to wait on themselves, pick the corn and fight the battles, hence the obsessive fanaticism with pumping out the bodies.

With a sustainable number of people - we might have a chance.

The world has always depended on Hierarchy's and they demand a populace. "Someone has to man our armies, do the building, harvest the food and do the grunt work"....cheaply. Hierarchy's only need BANKERS.
This is our Ultra-rich, with many lifetimes, many generations of never having had to work or worry...
They are steering this ship toward over population growth ....an elite few - using religion as a tool.

Think about it...
If there were fewer people LABOR WOULD NOT BE CHEAP.
Would you even need genetically modified food?
That is something we are told we must suffer because we have more mouths to feed than we can handle if not in reality then for all practical purposes.

With less people we could manage ourselves, figure what needs to be done and do it...
TPTB would not be TPTB.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I can tell you why the insurance companies don't give away contraceptives for free already. Every person born is a potential client for them to insure. They make their money by insuring our bodies. They want all they business (bodies) that they can get.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Death panels already exist, I've seen them myself.
Some people call them decision makers, discussion groups, medical expert conferences, whatever "name" doesn't matter, they make final decisions of life or death for people daily.

When you go on an organ recipient list, a "panel" of people decide if you are worthy for that organ, livers and hearts are hard to come by, so these groups approve or deny the organs depending on supposed eligibility, which is basically deciding who lives and who dies.

When someone is receiving end of life care, a group decides when it's time to pull the plug, not the family. Even if they have enough life in them to last a few months, they are euthanized against their wills. Seen it with my own 2 eyes, these things are already happening.

Between vaccines, Monsanto GMOs, and tap water fluoride, population regulation is in full effect.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Let's tighten up our borders and immigration PROBLEM first. Let's fix the lopsided problem that we are about to face with Social Security (in 2010 it was 2.9:1 and we are closing in on 1:1 fast as the boomers retire in droves and people who are unemployed pay no SSI that number is not dropping either).

Leave the mandates at the door and out of my bedroom and my family. Rationalizing a mandate as a solution to pay for said mandate is out of line.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Bible
Be fruitful and multiple,

The world according to Obama, be barren and slaughter the unborn.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jibeho

I can tell you why the insurance companies don't give away contraceptives for free already. Every person born is a potential client for them to insure. They make their money by insuring our bodies. They want all they business (bodies) that they can get.

Its a business decision. Do grocery stores give away free milk and bread?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Clearly austerity measures are not even on the table with this admin. For every one dollar saved in one cut they have a new way to spend two dollars on another program. Right now the military is on the chopping block to add more cash to Obama's personal reserve.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Clearly austerity measures are not even on the table with this admin. For every one dollar saved in one cut they have a new way to spend two dollars on another program. Right now the military is on the chopping block to add more cash to Obama's personal reserve.

Do you know what austerity measures are in Greece? Don't be misled.
Austerity measures for all but a privileged few.

This means the filthy rich are raising the prices on everything they are on the board of or are invested in. Raising the cost of an education, College educations, medical treatment and taxes for the poor and middle class. Raising energy costs for those who can least afford to heat their homes and gasoline,
It means they are slashing their budgets to the bones and squeezing out the same profits they've always made handily by dropping peoples pension plans and letting them go from their jobs early. They are dropping their health care or making them pay for it themselves. This is just the rich getting richer in these tough times for everyone. Don't kid yourself. Austerity measures for all but a privileged few so the elite there doesn't take a loss. What a crock. You want us to fall for that too?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Government has no right to mandate anything, it's coersion, and should be illegal, is illegal according to your constitution.

Sorry, but I disagree with the government telling ANY individual or ANY business for that matter that it MUST do something as it purchase a product or provide it to their employees. This whole healthcare plan only helps big pharma and the insurance companies by putting money in their pocket, while doing nothing to address the rising cost of health care.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by newcovenant

Let's tighten up our borders and immigration PROBLEM first. Let's fix the lopsided problem that we are about to face with Social Security (in 2010 it was 2.9:1 and we are closing in on 1:1 fast as the boomers retire in droves and people who are unemployed pay no SSI that number is not dropping either).

Leave the mandates at the door and out of my bedroom and my family. Rationalizing a mandate as a solution to pay for said mandate is out of line.

True the borders need tightening, building a solid wall, towers and armed guards or...

we could legalize all drugs instead of just a few drugs and solve the problem without affecting the migratory animals or harassing innocent people who want their personal freedom to visit the country next door?

And regarding the following:

Leave the mandates at the door and out of my bedroom and my family
Funny. I don't hear this same request as related to the gay issue and the birth control issue.
Kind of picking and choosing. This party is all over the map.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Government has no right to mandate anything, it's coersion, and should be illegal, is illegal according to your constitution.

Sorry, but I disagree with the government telling ANY individual or ANY business for that matter that it MUST do something as it purchase a product or provide it to their employees. This whole healthcare plan only helps big pharma and the insurance companies by putting money in their pocket, while doing nothing to address the rising cost of health care.

~Tenth

Was George Bush's PRESCRIPTION DRUG BENEFIT PLAN that helped make pharmaceuticals rich and helped balloon our deficit and spend the 3 trillion we had saved...was that a better plan than preventative heath care mandated and so made affordable to Americans?

Especially considering we are overly medicated and prescription drug overdose is the number one cause of death? And I know I advocate legalizing all drugs above but considering our border and crime problems - with closer supervision I think it might be the faster, cheaper, practical, more lifesaving and freedom respecting solution for the border issue...all the way around.

If health care providers took it upon themselves to cover everyone without ripping them off it wouldn't NEED to be mandated. Health should not be a commodity bought and sold. Everyone should have equal access and opportunity to it and face it - they don't.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Its a business decision. Do grocery stores give away free milk and bread?

In a way, they do. Grocery chains will often have sales and offer products at 'under cost', in order to bring customers into the store. Once in the store, the customer is at the mercy of a psychologic attack of marketing that often has them buying things that they didn't even need. In the end the store profits. Giant Supermarkets offers free turkeys during the holiday season.... if you have their store 'club card'.

So, if the decision to give out free contraceptives would profit the insurance companies, they would buy the votes in Congress to pass a law to mandate that we use them. That's how our country works.....don't think for a minute that there is a law requiring me to wear a seatbelt because some state lawmaker in Pennsylvania cares if I am injured in an automobile accident.... The auto insurance companies lobbied (read BOUGHT) for the law, and got what they paid for.

Actuaries determine how much money insurance companies will make from each one of us in profit. The more of us there are, the more they can make.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

And I am Irish Catholic myself... taught to breed like little white bunnies, don't spill it on the ground, every sperm counts. No birth control and no abortions. We have armies to man, child.

nothing wrong with humans not wanting to have children but, Sebillis or whatever her name is comes from a background of eugenics.

A specialty science which advocates that others make those decisions for unwitting people.

I don't know about you but, I sure as hell dont want someone sterilizing my wife or me unknowingly or killing us off through medications secretly.

Thats the difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join